test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we kill Drizzt?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cause if we can I think that would make up for a lot of stuff if the game doesn't have it.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    You can try. Just make sure you've paid for your headstone in advance. *grins*
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I know. He'll be twinked to the max I'm sure and since it's not single player I can't do the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    OniDaimyo wrote: »
    Cause if we can I think that would make up for a lot of stuff if the game doesn't have it.

How about we wait and see what the game has or has not before we attempt a suicide mission.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes. Yes we can.

Officially? Who knows - but we have the Foundry. 5 minutes, one room, and a level 1 Drow placed in the middle. Wa-la... you can kill Drizzt as many times as you like.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    theBozer wrote: »
    Yes. Yes we can.

Officially? Who knows - but we have the Foundry. 5 minutes, one room, and a level 1 Drow placed in the middle. Wa-la... you can kill Drizzt as many times as you like.

Darn, you've stolen my idea for my first award winning foundry adventure!

- Bar
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Awww leave poor Drizzy alone. I'd rather have the option to kill all Drizztts, Drizzzts, Dritzzs or whatever copy names that players are gonna make presonally.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Even Ao is unable to kill Drizzt ;] You'll see... he'll become the new Overgod very soon...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Need Jarlaxle or maybe Raistlin could stop him. Becoming a god is Raistlin's gig.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Baldur's Gate he could be killed so it could happen. It would never be canon though, much like in BG. I don't think that Cryptic will add it but as we will be able to use the campaign NPCs in the Foundry, I'd bet for a "Drizzt must die!" module very soon after game relase (or during Beta). :p
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    theBozer wrote: »
    Yes. Yes we can.

Yay!

I will be playing that one over and over and over endlessly. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    OniDaimyo wrote: »

LOL! Ok, that was just awesome, and I totally agree. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cutter wrote: »
    LOL! Ok, that was just awesome, and I totally agree. :)

Make him look a little like Justin Bieber or something and you can appease even more people when we kill him.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    As long as we can kill all the players who use his name (in any form) I don't care if we can kill the real one. Sadly there won't be PvP so I have to let monsters do the dirty work while I watch them die. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Some names will be unavailable for players. An example would be Drizzt, Elminster, etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Vampir888 wrote: »
    Sadly there won't be PvP (...)

Has this been confirmed?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes, it has been. DnD 4 ed is not suitable for pvp, classes are too different, the roles they have makes it impossible to balance for pvp. Check this discussion for details: http://forums.playneverwinter.com/showthread.php?t=3808&page=5&highlight=pvp
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Qumi wrote: »
    Yes, it has been. DnD 4 ed is not suitable for pvp, classes are too different, the roles they have makes it impossible to balance for pvp. Check this discussion for details: http://forums.playneverwinter.com/showthread.php?t=3808&page=5&highlight=pvp

No pvp possibility, generic clerics with no deities .. Sure sounds like fun.

Perhaps I might just find that module and kill Drizzt anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes, cuz pvp is not "fun" for everybody. In WoW I never liked pvp, I was rather pve guy. Plus Neverwinter is a co-op game.

As for clerics... no confirmation whether you will choose or not, seriously what's this thing with people claiming non-confirmed info as real? There was actually no mention of gods by dev team.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes, cuz pvp is not "fun" for everybody. In WoW I never liked pvp, I was rather pve guy. Plus Neverwinter is a co-op game.

As for clerics... no confirmation whether you will choose or not, seriously what's this thing with people claiming non-confirmed info as real? There was actually no mention of gods by dev team.

Yes there was in one of the interviews by jack. He said no alignment no deities.
    NeN: Speaking of classes, how will deities work, particularly in the case of clerics? Will we get a generic cleric, or will we choose a deity that would dictate our armor, weapons, spells, etc, like in D&D?

JE: Right now, clerics are generic. Deities are a roleplaying choice, rather than a game one.

This Interview

Searching does wonders :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Haven't seen this one, but "right now" is not the same "it will". Remember that this forum is for our feedback and opinions. And devs stated that right now nothing is permanent, and things change day after day.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    True enough. But I doubt even if they do it, that it would be in at Launch. That may be something down the line after people complain a lot after launch.

They might have a box that you can put your Deity in or what ever name you wish to. As for adding powers/abilites on your choice. Don't count on that anytime soon. just my opinion of course :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, is adding deity choice so hard to programme? If people want it, the devs might add it. Shouldn't take long to do it.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Adding the choice is simple. Just have a box like nwn1 did. But to add all the powers for the specific deity may would take awhile. Its like adding any other power to the game
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hmmmm... you know, actually the interview doesn't say you will not select a deity in the character creation, it says that such a choice is a RP choice, that clerics will have general powers.

Plus, in 4 ed a deity has like 1-2 specific powers for a cleric that worships it. So I don't see that as necessary at the launch. They work like feats. You have to take a feat to have a deity specific power.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Saying it's a rp choice means you will not get any added bonus to your character from picking a specific deity(on their end yet).

It just means you can say you worship whoever you want and role play it.

Thats how I see it anyway. I could be wrong. I am a lot of times ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So was in Nwn as well. It was just an RP choice. Didn't get any bonuses out of it. But if Foundry will have an option to decide upon special conditions for allowing players enter the quest, then deity might be a good choice for such a choice. "Only for followers of Shar" for example ;]
  • Options
    edited June 2011

It's not that I "like" pvp, hell, I'm usually the one ending up with my behind being kicked. But pvp adds realism, you might get in trouble if you're being an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> towards other players. Forcing non-pvp removes a lot of that realism for me, which is why I'm against the idea. It's not that free pvp turns everything into a slaughter fest. On all the pw's I've been playing, pvp was a pretty rare event.

As for clerics, the interview has already been quoted, first by me, secondly by another user. Looks like clerics will be generic, void of deity RP. One of the things I actually preferred in NWN2 was the fact that picking deities and domains made your cleric stand out from the crowd, having its own unique flavour. Seems like this is going down the drain, which will make me want to play anything but a cleric, sadly.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aurilandur wrote: »
    As for clerics, the interview has already been quoted, first by me, secondly by another user. Looks like clerics will be generic, void of deity RP. One of the things I actually preferred in NWN2 was the fact that picking deities and domains made your cleric stand out from the crowd, having its own unique flavour. Seems like this is going down the drain, which will make me want to play anything but a cleric, sadly.

Poor Drizzt. No one likes him. :(

As to generic clerics. Aren't all clerics in 4e generic anyways? I mean I thought it didn't matter which god you worship because you will be still getting same powers?

So nothing prevents cleric of Shar casting "divine glow" or "blazing beacon" just because the god itself happens to be tied to darkness and shadows. Similarly nothing prevents cleric of Auril from casting "sacred flame" or "fire storm" just because she happens to be the frostmaiden.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aren't all clerics in 4e generic anyways? I mean I thought it didn't matter which god you worship because you will be still getting same powers?

Guess that's one of my least favourite things about 4E.
    So nothing prevents cleric of Shar casting "divine glow" or "blazing beacon" just because the god itself happens to be tied to darkness and shadows. Similarly nothing prevents cleric of Auril from casting "sacred flame" or "fire storm" just because she happens to be the frostmaiden.

In the DnD PHB you at least get access to some feats that are tied to your god. So, yeah, while nothing rule-wise prevents a cleric of Shar to cast dazzling light spells, or a cleric of Auril to throw fire around left and right, I still think it's sort of iffy.
    But then again, I'm one of those people who chose not to cast fire based spells in NWN2 while on my aurilite cleric. Guess the joke's on me then.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aurilandur wrote: »
    Guess that's one of my least favourite things about 4E.

Yep. 4e pretty much separated mechanics from "story" which is pretty obvious in spots like this. Looking at the classes there doesn't seem to be that much mechanically supported flavor within a class itself.
    <snip>But then again, I'm one of those people who chose not to cast fire based spells in NWN3 while on my aurilite cleric. Guess the joke's on me then.

I suppose in PnP I'd just convert those all those fire spells to cold spells while keeping the effect otherwise same. Not so easy in a CRPG.