test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon Designers

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
The guild that wants to bring to life epic hours of entertainment.
D&D the way it was meant to be enjoyed..

Apply now, destroy later...

Our time is here and now, we must prepare the onslaught for the future.

We are a guild of designers who want to take the toolset to the highest peaks and down to the deepest cracks of the surface. Explore all angles, originate quests beyond the realms of the psychotic, build virtual worlds that mortals only dream of.. And play TOO!

So Who's IN? Who is a Dragon Designer?

ts3.nobotters.com port 4111
channel password "cake"
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    I may be interested. I loved to play with the campaing creation tools in NWN although I really stunk at it. Do you have a website?
    edited June 2011
    I might be interested. It will depend on the toolset itself and how far it can go.
    edited June 2011
    No website for this, I just heard of it like everyone else, but I do have a webserver, i run clanspam.com as a hobby. So we will get one rolling.

As stated above, I have a teamspeak which is more important than a website right now. Communication is key, having fun is key.

ts3.nobotters.com port 4111
    password to channel is currently "cake"

Please use push to talk if using our voice server. Thanks for your interest. Hope to see peeps start popping in. Chillaxed atmosphere
    edited June 2011
    I have a website completely dedicated to game design in general. So far we've taken on the UDK and Aurora engines. We're also looking into possibly the Anvil engine for the indies that are with us. Bouncy Rock enterainment in Guatamala also may be coming out with a new engine. Taking on the Foundry should be a piece of cake.
    edited June 2011
    I have a website completely dedicated to game design in general. So far we've taken on the UDK and Aurora engines. We're also looking into possibly the Anvil engine for the indies that are with us. Bouncy Rock enterainment in Guatamala also may be coming out with a new engine. Taking on the Foundry should be a piece of cake.

Cool, i've played around with the UDK a bit, only thing ever holding me back on that stuff is that fact i will never produce a 3d character or animation so it sticks me in a situation in todays unsharing world where I am useless :D

Not familiar with Aurora, who makes that?
    edited June 2011
    Where would someone go to learn scripting starting from absolute ground zero? Or are there things you need to learn before you even mess with that?
    edited June 2011
    It depends Kruel. if you want to learn function oriented scripting such as NWNscript which is a bastarization of c++ you will probably have many teachers. Sql is querie based and is easy enough also many people know that type of scripting.

Action script on the other hand is object oriented and may be tougher to learn. I'm not sure because i currently don't know it. There are several books on the object oriented scripting and you may find a teacher it will just be alittle harder.

I learned NWN script with a lexicon free for anyone wanting to download it and a very good teacher called Mermut who helped me build an NWN persistent world and a member of the now defuncted DLA.

The Aurora engine is what NWN is based upon.
    edited June 2011
    It depends Kruel. if you want to learn function oriented scripting such as NWNscript which is a bastarization of c++ you will probably have many teachers. Sql is querie based and is easy enough also many people know that type of scripting.

Action script on the other hand is object oriented and may be tougher to learn. I'm not sure because i currently don't know it. There are several books on the object oriented scripting and you may find a teacher it will just be alittle harder.

I learned NWN script with a lexicon free for anyone wanting to download it and a very good teacher called Mermut who helped me build an NWN persistent world and a member of the now defuncted DLA.

The Aurora engine is what NWN is based upon.

Well, truth be told, object orientated programming is NOT the future.. So I wouldnt go down this path. Procedural will bounce back once people realize simplicity defeats functionality (ironic statement), and of course when people realize how to program modular styles and not treating every script they write as a game engine. (in short, if they ever learn how to code correctly)

The only thing OO has going for it is its ties to data and inherit-ency.

Anyhow back to the point, time, patience are the 2 traits required to learn.. There is no follow the dots guide. Commitment is the final trait and will be the one that decides your fate... Tinker away, and have fun in doing so :D
    edited June 2011
    Whats everyones most recent work. Currently Im working on two terrain sets one tropical and one savannah set. Heres a peek at the savanna.

baobabsclifsideview.jpg
    edited June 2011
    here's me having fun with fractured meshes in UDK

http://www.lootswap.com/fracturedmeshfun.wmv
    edited June 2011
    I am a bit confused, are you folks designing for Cryptics NWN using the Foundry, or using Unreal Development Kit for one of the past versions of NWN, or planning to do both?
    edited June 2011
    I learn any engine I can get my hands on then teach others how to use it. Whether its the foundry, Anvil, Aurora, UDk or other engine. My organization looks to help anyone who wants to learn. The foundry is just another tool to us to learn and teach and help people who want design games. That's why I'm here
    edited June 2011
    fvillha wrote: »
    I am a bit confused, are you folks designing for Cryptics NWN using the Foundry, or using Unreal Development Kit for one of the past versions of NWN, or planning to do both?

He's just spamming his bs in my thread, Dragon Designers are here to create fun and interesting content for the upcoming game if it's worthwhile as well as enjoy the title.

So if you are interested in doing the same, then as stated.. We have a TS3,
    ts3.nobotters.com port 4111 where you can hang out and discuss the game as it progresses and whatnot..

Right now im just playing some NWN2, and whatnot
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for clearing the head there. I've done some done some work for Star Trek Online Elite Force 1 and 2, plus eyeballed the STO Foundry, suspect NWN will have something similar. Yeah I should replay some NWN2, get back into the mood anyway. So far it sounds like the new devs are focusing on how
    NWN is after the Gauntlgrym: Neverwinter Saga storyline, which provides a fair amount of back story to work off of. Thanks for the invite, I'll keep an eye out and see what develops.
    edited June 2011
    Yes it sure will, there's a video out explaining how you'll be able to open up pre-set kits and just edit them up with objects and whatnot, or even starting with a blank slate... Should be way better than anything you have already seen out there...
    edited June 2011
    I extend invitation on my TS3, any clan that also needs a TS3 can use mine, i have plenty of slots, you can haz your own private channel if desired..

English language only, mature respectful players need only apply..

just ask
    edited June 2011
    Bugmaster wrote:
    The guild that wants to bring to life epic hours of entertainment.

We are a guild of designers who want to take the toolset to the highest peaks and down to the deepest cracks of the surface. Explore all angles, originate quests beyond the realms of the psychotic, build virtual worlds that mortals only dream of.. And play TOO!

So Who's IN? Who is a Dragon Designer?

Now this sounds interesting, and in the spirit of a new Neverwinter.
    edited June 2011
    Subteran wrote:
    Now this sounds interesting, and in the spirit of a new Neverwinter.

A new INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, WONDEROUS, NEVERWINTER ADVENTURE awaits us, and even you can help create it.
    edited June 2011
    A community of scripters that helps others with not just games, but learning ingeneral can prove to be something great.. looks like ill have to dig out my nwn1 and 2 disks and refamiliarize myself with the toolsets again.. and scripting conversations and mabye write tutorials aswell.. I forsee a lot of good that can be done and winter has what appears to be wayy ahead of us in that game haha..
    edited June 2011
    Well, perhaps a better approach is STO and The Foundry there. As its more "dated" reference and since its based and expanded off that, but NWN experience of course would be a huge plus too.. I myself am replaying some NWN2 right now, kinda getting addicted hehe
    edited June 2011
    I reinstalled nwn1 again this week. just to get refreshed with scripting and module making.. more so for creativity then for the actual program itself..
    edited June 2011
    HFAElement wrote:
    I reinstalled nwn1 again this week. just to get refreshed with scripting and module making.. more so for creativity then for the actual program itself..

I have to dig deep in my closet to find my copy... What OS do you have, I am in windows 7 and wonder if i can even get it to run?!?
    edited June 2011
    You can get it to run. if you have any problems let me know. I'm running a liquid cooled i7 64 bit comp with windows 7 and run both the nwn server and play on it.

There are some tech things you have to do for 64 bit, windows 7, and newer vid chips. One is setting the affinity in your ini file to run the game on one processor. You may have to retrograde your vid chip too.
    edited June 2011
    Man, Bugmaster, really digging the enthusiasm! I don't have much experience - just interest - in quest design and storytelling, and if there's a group getting together for comparing notes and stuff, that sounds like a lot of fun.
    edited June 2011
    Story tellers are a desired commodity here. I am more of a technical guy myself.. code, scripting, builder, etc
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, building, at least within the limits of the nwn2 toolset, I really enjoy. Writing up tons of code... not so much, and to the point where it's kept me from ever finishing a mod. I tried it - every once in a while I even revisit the idea, but programming of any kind takes a love and dedication that I just can't muster up. So much more power to you if you enjoy that.
    edited June 2011
    Friendly bumb!
    edited June 2011
    Help me out here - what in the nine hells is a bumb? :confused:
    edited June 2011
    She bumped the thread up to the top. So It stays on the first page and is more accessible to new viewers
    edited June 2011
    ....:rolleyes:

Here I thought it was something the cool kids were saying these days on the interwebs. Yeesh.

If anyone needs me I'll be over in the Old Timer's thread.