test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temple of the Spider (non-epic)

aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
With the Stronghold shard week and the Northdark event, it seemed like a good time to run some low level random dungeons on several alts--each of which are over 69K, so I thought it would be ok. I was slightly incorrect--apparently you can get this dungeon with people at 30K. It seems that scaled dps isn't quite up to the task for this dungeon.

This dungeon is fun. I like the 'almost' story line with the three bosses and the manner in which the adventurers encounter them. I like the mechanics, and as i play it more, I am certain to learn how to overcome it a bit better. If I was a better tank, I think it would have gone better.

Two questions after running this dungeon a few times: It seems that I was depleted quickly on my shield with the first three bosses, especially the first one. Can someone comment on a mechanic or tell me what I was missing? Unfortunately I don't know exactly how I died, so I know that isn't much help.

Another question--what is the scaling for this dungeon? Are the characters bumped up to 45K or 50K? After wiping multiple times with two dps toons at 31K and 38K and the third at 45K, it didn't seem like we were able to get past the first boss with this level of dps. Does that seem correct, or were we just missing the mechanics? I did complete it with several 50K toons, so it seems like it isn't too far out of line with expectations.

Comments

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    It is not so much about IL for these, but knowing and executing tactics properly.

You CAN power through, but it is so much easier if you do proper tactics.

Boss 1 and 2 do have a status bar on right side, and the fuller that get the more you have missed tactics and the harder the fight will get.

Essential tactics notes(might be other stuff.. I am no expert on these)
    Boss 1: Avoid that the moving red fields hit any barrels. Kill any killable barrels that spawn fast.
    Boss 2: Kill the spawning totems fast
    Boss 3: Release any cocooned person, dodge any focused beams.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    I dont know if its matter of learnin curve, but for now this is hardest dung in normal q - FBI moved down form advanced one is not even close; Im glad we have the easier version, just please adjust it to level of Q it is.
    Lastly fix the end chest key - it should not consume master version one.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    ksell said:

I dont know if its matter of learnin curve, but for now this is hardest dung in normal q - FBI moved down form advanced one is not even close; Im glad we have the easier version, just please adjust it to level of Q it is.
    Lastly fix the end chest key - it should not consume master version one.

The content gets easier as the players learn and get better gear (supposedly), which is why the dungeons migrate.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    that would be ok if intended in long perspective too;
    btw where does The infernal citadel migrated to ?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    It migrated to "the devs need to work on it".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.