test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Northdark Reaches Launch Week Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Northdark Reaches. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Current Known Issues

Northdark Reaches Adventure Zone
Braelin reappears in his cage after completing ‘The Doors of Neirt Elamshin’ quest

Temple of the Spider
Some players may receive extra boss currency in Temple of the Spider (Master).
Players may remain in combat after defeating Da’Zora Mizzrym until exiting her boss room.
Some spell combinations from Da’Zora Mizzrym boss fight may cause an FPS drop for consoles and minimum spec PCs.
Barrel Bombs on Halbryn Dark Stalker fight may not fade immediately after being killed.
Hissing sound effect from an ignited fuse on Barrel Bombs may continue playing after it explodes

Myconid Lockbox
Mount package from the Myconid Lockbox does not display the correct mount’s name.

Rewards
The Moonlight’s Blessing Power is not triggered by some bard AoE healing spells.
Northdark Navigator buff incorrectly states that it works “in the Underdark” (Power is only active in Northdark Reaches)
Northdark Navigator buff has a placeholder icon
'Northdark Plate' armor doesn't display properly on characters when wearing a body paint fashion item.

Wizard Class Balance
Temporary HP from 'Spell Mastery Shield' only absorbs 66% of damage taken.
Temporary HP from ‘Shield’ is granted after a 1 second delay.

Inventory Improvements
Using the potion belt picker doesn't display custom bag names.

General
Dashing Chapeaus from Dashing Key Bundle hides the character's hair when equipped.

User Interface
Landing Page does not display ad for current Battle Pass and indicates there is no Battle Pass active. Rothé Valley remains active until Nov. 29.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    This is not a report of problem. At least, not yet.

However, I would like to mention it appears you finally did something about your client memory management. It is significant better (so far). Between two mod ago and this mod, the memory management was horrible. I believe there was memory leak and ate up memory. For a general game play (nothing heavy duty), it could raise to 2.5GB. In certain situation, I would decide to quit the program and re-start. However, even after I exit the program (as the screen is gone but not the process itself), the process could still consume memory continuously, non-stop. I would have to kill the process directly when it reached to 3GB.

This mod, so far, for my limited short time observation, keeps the memory 'low' from 700MB to 1.5GB and it does release memory. Granted, I have not played enough.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • goldensbridgegoldensbridge Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    cant log in, everytime i try to og in it goes to the neverwinter screen and then freezes..keep getting message Gameclient.exe not responding
  • fritzbruder#8704 fritzbruder Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Cannot log in, it gets as far as the "Cryptic Dragon Screen" and then freezes. Task manager indicates exe not responding

Now it only gets as far as the cryptic screen and says "loading" - but is frozen
    Post edited by fritzbruder#8704 on
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Bug: Cannot progress the quest "Free from the Web" since the we cannot interact with the cells
  • rbtaftrbtaft Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    The quest "Free From the Web" is bugged. The cell doors don't get recognized as a clicky. This is happening on one of my characters. Another character was able to progress the mission by clicking the door. I went back to the first character and found it still bugged.

Follow Up: The Free quest is conflicting with the other quest to free 6 prisoners. Once I freed the 6 prisoners and completed that quest I was able to advance the Free From The Web quest.
    Post edited by rbtaft on
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I can add that a dev confirmed the bug and the reason:

Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
    edited November 2022
    In patch note:

However, at least the tooltip does not say infernal secrets per day max. is double from before. Not sure if it is only a display issue.

Edit: yes, it is a display issue. My toon could get more than 54.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It took a long time for the game to finish loading. It seemed to have completely locked up as a black screen before the character selection stage. The first time I closed it with task manager and force verified. The second time, I just left it alone and it finally started responding.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

I don't seem to be getting any bonus currency from the quests so far (just finished the tower intro quest)
  • arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    You can no longer deposit/withdraw gold to/from the Guild Bank (or see how much gold is supposed to be in the Guild Bank).
    You can still set withdraw limits for it in the Permissions tab, though

• buhloid#5439 buhloid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    After the pach ,played for like an hour and got kicked from the game can't get back in 'Disconnected from the login server. Please try again later "
    It's been for almost 2 hours
    Any suggestions how to fix this ?
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    The zen store page of the shared bank slots still lists the maximum as 88 slots instead of 104.

• idkytm#5046 idkytm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    all the crypts in reclamation rock has messed up stairs, like they are floating and twisted. now i cant complete the final crypt cause the stairs are blocked
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    pitshade said:

I don't seem to be getting any bonus currency from the quests so far (just finished the tower intro quest)

From what I'm seeing, it seems that I'm getting the 10%, but the extra 10% is counting against the weekly haul, which it doesn't in other campaigns.
    One of my dwarf looks like Grazilaxx.

• starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Cragmire Crypts Dungeon - The end boss area boundaries seem to be bugged - boss vanishes behind the wall and the room is hard to get into/out of. Healing can be done through the door when healer has respawned at fire during fight. Players also get stuck in combat after the encounter and cannot reliably leave it (defeating doesn't seem to help, going up by the keg sometimes does)
    edited November 2022
    Bel fight: After you make Bel to yield, if you don't talk to him fast enough, he will stand up to fight you again. I think this is new. It happened twice to me today. I turned around to take a look at the TV. He came up to fight again. It was solo fight.
    edited November 2022
    Item level displayed in character selection screen does not match the Item level in character sheet.

pitshade said:

From what I'm seeing, it seems that I'm getting the 10%, but the extra 10% is counting against the weekly haul, which it doesn't in other campaigns.
    Yes, that's what I realized later. Kind of makes the pet less desirable.
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Another graphical glitch, this time making it almost impossible to play. All bard powers (songs) are graphically bugged. A large, opaque color-changing circle moves with the character and makes it impossible to see anything around it.
    On top of that, there are hundreds of small graphical bugs that make the environment, mounts and companions look hideous.
    It happens when I’m playing on my laptop with RTX 3050.

• guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    CANT CHANGE LOAD OUTS FROM TANK TO DPS
    THIS IS THE ERROR

• ironcoffin#0634 ironcoffin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    I'm not sure if this is just me but my paladin oathkeeper and devout cleric TAB abilities can no longer crit. It was supposed to be fixed, that players crit avoidance didn't effect our crit heals on tab now we can't get crit heals from tab abilities at all. Tested my warlock too it can still crit with its tab ability

Edit: Someone on discord pointed out to me this bug is only if you heal your self with tab it is getting crits when used on other players I tested it on my self in the training room which is why i wasn't getting crits
    Post edited by ironcoffin#0634 on
  • ironcoffin#0634 ironcoffin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2022

THIS IS THE ERROR

Aragon did mention this bug on preview so i removed my forgers box and chain of scales before the update, he said it happens if you have foragers box and chain of scales equipped at the same time on a loadout it will not change to that loadout i don't have the bug so cant test, but we can now right click on toolbelt items and say apply to all loadouts if you do this on all the toolbelt items it might fix the issue
  • mjlewis27mjlewis27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Keep getting disconnected while playing.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    The quest: Into the Tower
    I am finding the area inside the tower super dark. Tried adjusting brightness, toggling lights on/off - no visual difference. The area outside the instance looks fine.

Aside from that, so far so good :)

Update: Ok - changed my HDMI black settings on my monitor to Normal and hey presto - not perfect but not having to navigate using the skill node sparkles.
    Post edited by blackmagid on
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

THIS IS THE ERROR

Had the same thing happen to my fighter - solution for me was slot chains then apply to all loadouts. Was able to switch loadouts and slot forgers as normal.

• chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    (Visual Bug) I did one run of Castle Ravenloft since M24 launched, so I don't know if this is consistent. In the 2nd boss fight, after guiding the boss into a pillar to stop his spin move, the pillar doesn't get visually destroyed, it looks intact, but it is actually destroyed (when I tried guiding him into that same pillar again, he went through it).
    chisca17 said:

(Visual Bug) I did one run of Castle Ravenloft since M24 launched, so I don't know if this is consistent. In the 2nd boss fight, after guiding the boss into a pillar to stop his spin move, the pillar doesn't get visually destroyed, it looks intact, but it is actually destroyed (when I tried guiding him into that same pillar again, he went through it).

This was already reported in the last mod.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1266170/arcolith-fight-in-castle-ravenloft
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User

The quest: Into the Tower
    I am finding the area inside the tower super dark. Tried adjusting brightness, toggling lights on/off - no visual difference. The area outside the instance looks fine.

Aside from that, so far so good :)

dont know if its intentional, but last lair in rothe have similar problem

• erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User

Cragmire Crypts Dungeon - The end boss area boundaries seem to be bugged - boss vanishes behind the wall and the room is hard to get into/out of. Healing can be done through the door when healer has respawned at fire during fight. Players also get stuck in combat after the encounter and cannot reliably leave it (defeating doesn't seem to help, going up by the keg sometimes does)

Traven seems to love teleporting behind wall or the ceiling: