test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XBOX ONE players constantly getting disconnected at the end of dungeons/trials

debni#2165 debni Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Since the last patch, at the end of any dungeon or trial, multiple people in the team get suddently disconnected from the server once the final boss is defeated... this also kicks them from the dungeon/trial instance proventing them from collecting the chest rewards at the end of the dungeon...

I did 3 queues today and during each queue at least 1 to 3 people have been disconnected as soon as the boss is killed. I have been kicked myself from one of them at the end of a VOS. multiple people have been complaining about this in both alliance chat and global chats...

So far I have raised 3 posts on the forum on issues that came out of the last patch and while the other two are quality of life bugs (still incredibly annoying and should get fixed asap...) this one is the worst and game breaking one because it prevents players from completing content by kicking them out.
It makes it impossible to complete the daily queues and blocks anyone from funning content because who wants to run queues and waste time/scrolls/potions when there is a 50% chance it all goes to waste at the end because the game kicks you?

Comments

• Options
    olivilan#3541 olivilan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    All day long , school holidays and so frustrating getting dc constantly.
  • Options
    drune#7799 drune Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The new patch may have made my connection unstable. I am getting disconnected at a higher rate than usual and when my team kills a boss at the end of a dungeon, the screen freezes momentarily and I get disconnected. This has happened four times in the last two days. The last time was in the reapers mark version of gray wolf dungeon. My team did an excellent job and then no reward.
  • Options
    It happened again. The dungeon is a little laggy, and then at the end during the most intense fights or the death of the boss I get disconnected.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I noticed a sight pause after killing the boss in a Kessell's Retreat skirmish like the game was about to lockup. But the rewards chest activated, and we were able to leave the instance normally.
  • Options
    My controller also becomes unresponsive when I get booted and I have to reboot.
  • Options
    trace#7852 trace Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The list of bugs after yesterday's patch is too long to list. Can't switch accounts now without unloading the entire game. Used to take 15 minutes to invoke on 50 alts, now takes almost an hour. Keep getting booted out of game at random times, usually right before end chest on dungeons or right after ancient dragon dies, giving you no rewards. Lag is HORRENDOUS (graphics boxes now appear everywhere it is so bad). Now have to click individually on every bag opened or crafting attempt or sale to merchant. Wireless keyboard now has to be used not from UI as before, but you have to hit X like your gonna type using the controller, type your messsage, then hit enter on controller to send the chat. Loading times have increased by a factor of at least 10. Please fix this, as it makes me just want to go play a different game now.
  • Options
    trace#7852 trace Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The list of bugs after yesterday's patch is too long to list. Can't switch accounts now without unloading the entire game. Used to take 15 minutes to invoke on 50 alts, now takes almost an hour. Keep getting booted out of game at random times, usually right before end chest on dungeons or right after ancient dragon dies, giving you no rewards. Lag is HORRENDOUS (graphics boxes now appear everywhere it is so bad). Now have to click individually on every bag opened or crafting attempt or sale to merchant. Wireless keyboard now has to be used not from UI as before, but you have to hit X like your gonna type using the controller, type your messsage, then hit enter on controller to send the chat. Loading times have increased by a factor of at least 10. Please fix this, as it makes me just want to go play a different game now.
  • Options
    hardrockl1lhardrockl1l Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi @nitocris83 , May you please report to Devs Team that the 2nd Scrying stone in Roth Valley in the Slavery area (which is behind the illusion rock wall)is impossible to access because it won’t allow player to land on the tiny space behind or around the Scrying stone. I tried so many times and re-position several ways, but it caused my toon just to hit this invisible so and fell right off! Is it possible to check and fix or move it to a wider area like on top of the rock/mountain above it?
    Otherwise, it is impossible to unlock achievement of interacting with all 3 Scrying stones in Roth Valley. Oh btw, I don’t see a separate Xbox Achievement for Scrying stones in Roth Valley.
    Tia!
    - HardrcokL1L
  • Options
    So I already reported this earlier, but I am going to add to my experience. I can finish about half of the dungeons that I enter without getting disconnected right when we kill the boss. When the bog presents itself, we kill the boss and my screen freezes momentarily as some script or subroutine runs shifting to the completion screen. The game crashes and I end up at the home log-on screen with the dragon and Neverwinter title. The funny thing is my controller no longer seems to be able to access Neverwinter after the crash and I have to reboot the game. I hear music like the home screen has been running in the background like when you sit at the home screen for an extended period of time. Also my controller still works to exit the home screen for the Xbox but the is unresponsive in the game...at least my A button doesn't work to log-on. I can leave the game by closing it using my Xbox menus so the controller is fine, but the game isn't receiving any of my controller information. This is after the last update on Tuesday. Before this, the game rarely froze and the experience was quite enjoyable. The current situation isn't enjoyable and needs to be remedied.
  • Options
    debni#2165 debni Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    UPDATE: I noticed people get kicked out also when someone disbands a group so my assumption is that the problem lies with group disbands rather than boss being killed...
  • Options
    gasparim#6052 gasparim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Any news about it? I cant mark devs here
  • Options
    gasparim#6052 gasparim Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @nitocris83 any response about this? This is urgent can some dev pls response us? everyone is loosing ad, time and money with this issue.
  • Options
    johnmhyatt#7989 johnmhyatt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm also having a lot of issues with disconnects, especially after dragon hunts. Disconnects also occur at random times in dungeons and while changing from one zone to another. Also randomly get an empty text box with an A button that says "confirm" next to it on loading screens sometimes.
  • Options
    onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    since yesterday i have the sam Problem. After killing Boss - im out :(
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I always had random disconnects on map change even before this game breaking patch on tuesday.

OP: you can still open one bag to start opening multiple bags, but have to push A for as each one you have instead of just holding it down.
  • Options
    jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Same issues as stated, plus I disconnect and get taken to a screen that says "you need a controller to play this game"

And all my reroll tokens on all my toons have disappeared
  • Options
    jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    we kept the group together but were still getting kicked from the end dungeons before we could open the chests........boy, what a sh*t show
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    > @trace#7852 said:
    > The list of bugs after yesterday's patch is too long to list. Can't switch accounts now without unloading the entire game. Used to take 15 minutes to invoke on 50 alts, now takes almost an hour. Keep getting booted out of game at random times, usually right before end chest on dungeons or right after ancient dragon dies, giving you no rewards. Lag is HORRENDOUS (graphics boxes now appear everywhere it is so bad). Now have to click individually on every bag opened or crafting attempt or sale to merchant. Wireless keyboard now has to be used not from UI as before, but you have to hit X like your gonna type using the controller, type your messsage, then hit enter on controller to send the chat. Loading times have increased by a factor of at least 10. Please fix this, as it makes me just want to go play a different game now.

Same for me. Basically, the game is near unplayable to me. Crafting is a nightmare. Inventory management painful. I have 3 different users in my household taking turns playing...very inconvenient now that we have to completely log off and log back on, relaunch the game. And the obligatory controller assignment just makes it worse. I don't know if this is because of the latest xbox system update or the NW patch but the experience is terrible.

And, on top of it all, the game crashing as soon as end chests unlock is just the final nail in the coffin leading to rage quitting.

Issues observed on xbox one and on series x. The series x performance is especially degraded compared to how it was before the patch.
  • Options
    silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    This post needs a serious bump - still not fixed after last week's release - you go through all the effort of running multiple dungeons and get zero reward because they can't seem to even test their code properly before releasing it to production - very poor indeed !
  • Options
    poltergeister#7132 poltergeister Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    7 of 10 dungeoms crash and the ones you do get have a garbage reward. The other 30% you essentially wasted your time. 2 years I've played. I've not seen any type of improvement. All you get is more bugs with every patch. I did like the game when I started playing. Now with every patch you may as well gamble on what will be broken. Nothing works as intended. Not even buying zen from the in-game tab. That should say alot about the current state of the game. Cryptic can't make up for the current disappointment were all facing. And if you have a original Xbox, you may load in eventually, to a dungeon that your 30% likely to crash in and waste your time. Or waste guild marks to dragons that never show up. Put your money in your real life, at least there you will have a chance at some type of happiness because your guaranteed disappointment if you put it here. One last thing. When they say that there is going to be a exclusive item ingame, give it 6 months. It will either be in a lockbox or zen store. Don't be mad at me Cryptic, you brought this upon yourselves. We as a community just wanted to play a game.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will investigate and try to fix these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    bodhazephyrbodhazephyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I get this Daily multiple times.
  • Options
    So update still causing problems. I still get booted at the end of the dungeon and debni said this happens during the disbanding. Any news on the dev front. They should be able to see what's going on in the server side log.
  • Options
    abn173d2003#3683 abn173d2003 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    since the patch on the 27th of September a number of xbox players have been getting disconnected from the game right after the final boss is defeated without allowing the players to get their rewards from running the dungeon, trial, skirmish, ect. with today's (October 4th) maintenance, it doesn't seem to be any better for some players and a lot worse for others. is their an estimated time as to when this issue will be addressed and resolved?
  • Options
    kingjamie36#1513 kingjamie36 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    i have been getting kicked from Neverwinter since the update on the 27/9/2022 i have been running skirmishes and dungeons since Tuesday after the big update and since then i have been getting kicked and not been getting any rewards from the dungeons and skirmishes and would like to now if you are able to give me the rewards and my astral diamonds that i have not been getting or any other goodies as i can't open the chest at the end of the dungeons also just to add that my Xbox is hard wired and that i have a gigabyte internet as well
  • Options
    abn173d2003#3683 abn173d2003 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    a lot of us have been getting kicked, it's to the point nobody wants to run any dungeons trial skirmishes or hunts.
  • Options
    Still occurring where I am lucky to still be present at the end of a dungeon. What do the developers think is going on?
  • Options
    sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    As you can see they are clearly ignoring these issues. 3 times we have summoned dragons only to have one or two show up for dragon flight. The server population is drastically dropping daily because it’s a Vegas chance on getting reward from dungeons or dragons.
  • Options
    Not a single reply from a mod or dev. Kind of makes us feel like no one cares lol
  • Options
    and not a single response on this thread either. Are there any devs or mods watching the forums? Should I just start making a new ticket every dragon flight or dungeon I have issues with?