test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chain of Scales Refine to Mythic is Not Recognizing any of the 5 Soulmonger Ampoule in My Inventory

rbtaftrbtaft Member Posts: 13 Arc User
When I try to upgrade the Scale of 5 Chains to Mythic the interface indicates I do not have the necessary Soulmonger Ampoule in my inventory. I have 5 of them in my inventory. This process cannot complete due to the inventory quantity failure.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Probably the same change to the currency inventory that caused this bug:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265995/onyx-fragments-are-no-longer-interactable

This one too:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265999/warden-expedition-rune-bug

Both are calling on items from that tab. It might be worth checking Eku and Makos stores in Omu, the Uprising questline and anything else using that inventory.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • cellx#6573 cellx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I also have the same problem. I recently tried to update my chains (though I dont need it on my dps toon), I see the same issue. I have 60 soulmonger ampoules in my inventory; but the refine screen claims that I have none. Have you created a ticket about it? Because I was planning to do it...

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! I'll add this to the previous escalation by @Percemer on the resonance to run conversion since it's likely a similar situation.
  • redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    (deleted)
    Post edited by redfist#9572 on
  • debni#2165 debni Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @nitocris83 on top of this, FYI the same issue also affects the misterious artificer who uses soulmonger ampouls for exhalted weapons in chult
  • danila14danila14 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    same problem
  • rbtaftrbtaft Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Per the 10/13 patch notes: "Various items in the “Other Currencies Bag” that stopped being usable at vendors should now be spendable again."

If this was supposed to fix the Soulmonger Ampoule being used to upgrade the Chain of Scales it did not fix the issue. The refine process is still not recognizing that I have 6 of them in my Other Currencies Bag.

Edit: When I originally reported this issue I had 5 SA in my inventory. I have since then added a 6th to the count. The chain doesn't recognize that I have any at all.
    Post edited by rbtaft on
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Still broke for me after the patch, cannot upgrade
    Anyone know if this fix worked for anybody? Curious if it is just me still having the problem.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

Anyone know if this fix worked for anybody? Curious if it is just me still having the problem.

This was not fixed. Patch notes were updated after the patch:
    -----------------------
    "Various items in the “Other Currencies Bag” that stopped being usable at vendors should now be spendable again.
    This fix is functional only in the vendor UI and does not apply to Chain of Scales and Resonance. We aim to have a fix for the remaining non-vendor currencies in the future."

Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
    Thank you, I did not catch that the patch notes were changed
  • danila14danila14 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    any updates on this topic?
    Still not working for me
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I would not be surprised if we have to wait until the launch of M24 to get this fixed,
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    This should be resolved in a future patch.
    I can confirm that the chain of scales can be upgraded to Mythic after M24 patch. I was able to get empowered chain of scales for my 2 chars.

Still there is no animation or buff symbol after using the scales; but the buff is applied. It would also be nice to fix those.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I'm not sure there ever was an animation for the chain of scales.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

I'm not sure there ever was an animation for the chain of scales.

That can be; I wasn't playing the game when chains were introduced. I just compared it with the Forger's box. It would be nice to see something when it is activated :)

I think there was a buff bar icon though.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello,

The buff is correctly displayed for me:

Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    percemer said:

Hello,

The buff is correctly displayed for me:

Percemer, on this topic, when you click to open the buffs at the top of the screen it tells you to "click for more information" but clicking it and getting that window you have screenshotted above, you get no further information. You cannot click anything and hovering over them does nothing, so effectively you get no more information than you had before you clicked it and the words "click for more information" is a lie. It's been this way for so long and is pretty annoying. Is there any chance that one day we will be able to hover over those descriptions there in that box and a pop-up tooltip will appear telling you exactly what it is and what it is doing. Just the name of a buff ("Visage of Dendar" shown above is a good example of this) with no description of what it is doing is pretty pointless and if you get nothing more than what you got in the first window, what's the point of being directed to the second one. And that lie... "click for more" is so irritating and misleading if there is no extra info after clicking.