test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FINAL UPDATE - [All Platforms] Extended Maintenance - September 20

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2022 in News & Announcements
Update 3

Neverwinter on PS has been unlocked. We sincerely appreciate your patience. We will be planning a makegood and will provide details when the plan has been finalized.

Update 2 - September 20 @ 9:30am PT.

PlayStation maintenance for Neverwinter has been extended. We do not have an ETA at this time but will provide updates when available. We appreciate your patience.

Please note that the EBS timeframe may not reflect the most updated schedule.

Update:

Patch Notes for PC and PS are available. Xbox will receive this patch at a later date.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11526763

All Cryptic games will undergo extended maintenance on Tuesday, September 20. For Neverwinter this will impact Dragon (PC), Drider (Russia PC), Lich (Xbox), and Balor (PS).

PC - 5am PT to 10:30am PT (when is this for me?)

Console - 5am PT to 9:30am PT (when is this for me?)

Patch Notes will be posted when available.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    seeing this here before the launcher... <3 ty.. less confusing by far! =) thanks Julia.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Again kudos to the devs for releasing such a significant change on the PTS for "feedback" only to release it seven days later.

Poor souls who put in their free time to actually test stuff and hope that their voice is heard. LOL.
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Immediately bluescreen on loading game client after patching. It's like they don't even test anything at all.
  • Options
    jojo#5080 jojo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    yeah i'm having this problem too.. as soon as the neverwinter screen loads i blue screen. I know maintenance is still going on but not even able to get to the server required part of the game atm. When downloading the patch, it went straight from downloading to installed. No copying file. Also do different countries have different patch sizes? A friend of mine's patch was 26gb while mine was only 22gb.
  • Options
    dolphine#7140 dolphine Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    after my game updated it now bluescreens as soon as i try to log in on ps4 and my sisters does it on the ps5
  • Options
    methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Just downloaded this update on PS4 and game blue screens immediately after loading screen, every time without fail... Have rebooted etc multiple times and crashes every time . Several guild members reporting same problem....
  • Options
    thanos#2826 thanos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is it known when it will be possible to enter the NW. On PS 5 it constantly shows an error
  • Options
    thorbloodlust#5538 thorbloodlust Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I downloaded the update today. I click on the Neverwinter app and the game crashes within 5 seconds. Error code CE-38700-8. I see the Neverwinter title page and then I get a blue screen. Happens every time.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Servers have been and still are down for maintenance. 2 hours left on estimated downtime.
  • Options

Is it known when it will be possible to enter the NW. On PS 5 it constantly shows an error

Still 2 more hours of maintenance, chill
  • Options
    shadowxan#9084 shadowxan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Game crashed as it launched, never got past the first screen.
  • Options
    kodaconduct#3566 kodaconduct Member Posts: 1 New User
    In some instances I've been disconnected , computer I'm on is built for gaming and internet is steady curious as to why I. get disconnected
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Probably due to the extended maintenance they are doing today.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    I'm running into the same thing, but I see that the maintenance window on PC isn't over yet. It's possible that we're still updating? Even though we usually get a message that says that shard is updating or something...maybe it's just that it's still updating?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited September 2022

I'm running into the same thing, but I see that the maintenance window on PC isn't over yet. It's possible that we're still updating? Even though we usually get a message that says that shard is updating or something...maybe it's just that it's still updating?

Well, console maintenance is scheduled from 5am PT to 9:30am PT. There is still 8 minutes to go. PC, another one hour and 8 minutes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    thorbloodlust#5538 thorbloodlust Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Too early
  • Options
    jebediah#1360 jebediah Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Update 2 - September 20 @ 9:30am PT.

PlayStation maintenance for Neverwinter has been extended. We do not have an ETA at this time but will provide updates when available. We appreciate your patience.

Please note that the EBS timeframe may not reflect the most updated schedule.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
    Whew! Hope it's soon. Me got lots to do!
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

Well, console maintenance is scheduled from 5am PT to 9:30am PT. There is still 8 minutes to go. PC, another one hour and 8 minutes.
    Ah, Plasticbat.

Of course.

When I wrote this, the last I had seen said that it was 22 minutes after the maintenance window. In hindsight, of course, you're right. But, then again, with the hindsight you have right now, it was a lot more than 8 minutes.

But thanks for the critique. I know I can count on you.
  • Options
    heat719#8423 heat719 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    This is starting to feel like the last time they broke the game and was unplayable for about a weeks time... and now that i think about i never was able to log in or get my keys for a week.. so i hope someone is trying to fix this asap... if not i think alot of ppl are gonna be putting in tickets for their missing items they were not able to claim... enchanted daily keys etc... and the little pack with reroll tokens and potions..
  • Options
    Maintenance is still ongoing.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Ah, Plasticbat.

Of course.

When I wrote this, the last I had seen said that it was 22 minutes after the maintenance window. In hindsight, of course, you're right. But, then again, with the hindsight you have right now, it was a lot more than 8 minutes.

But thanks for the critique. I know I can count on you.
    The original text regarding the 'original' schedule for console was not changed. It is the same as what I read last night.
    After the 9:30am PT deadline, at 9:36am PT (i.e. 14 minutes after I posted), they updated to have that extended to no ETA.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    riccatwo#4547 riccatwo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Nope, game not loading gives error.
  • Options

Nope, game not loading gives error.

Because it is not ready.

• Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Still no fix for Fighter and all shielding characters- base statistic- movement speed stil broken- sweet.
  • Options
    I keep getting an error and blue screen even after an update.
  • Options

I keep getting an error and blue screen even after an update.

Playstation is still down, no ETA for when it will go live.
  • Options
    sugar#5295 sugar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Are people still getting the blue screen error too? Are they still working on fixing it?
  • Options
    zijrepus#8777 zijrepus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Blue screen after update.
    Is the game broken?
  • Options

Are people still getting the blue screen error too? Are they still working on fixing it?

Blue screen after update.
    Is the game broken?

Playstation is still down, no ETA on when it will be done. If not Playstation, submit bug reports