test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rothe Valley Battle Pass

aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
IT appears that the Rothe Valley battle pass was shut off with the Draconic rage event ending--is anyone else receiving credit for random dungeon/skirmish or HE for this event? It is supposed to go for 5 weeks beginning with Aug. 9th.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Draconic rage ended at 7:30am PT Aug 31st.
    I had 3990 in Rothe Valley battle pass yesterday, Aug 31st. i.e. 10 points to go.
    After 7:30am PT, I did a random skirmish and it did not give me Roth Valley Battle pass credit (for some reason). I still had one green dot before and after I did the random skirmish.
    Right after that, I did a Rothe Valley HE and I got the last 10 points.

Since I now complete it, I cannot verify what is going on now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I ran a dungeon yesterday at 2pm PT (august 31) and it worked fine. I did two skirmishes today at 4:30am PT and neither one counted. I logged off before trying an HE.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Not getting battle pass progress for skirmishes here either. Doesn't exactly make me want to run out and try other methods.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    guzwarguzwar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I haven't received any battle pass progress for the past three days for skirmishes or regular dungeons. It was working fine when the event launched, but now I'm stuck not even half-way through.
  • Options
    The HEs seem to be the only reliable method to obtain battle pass credit. That amounts to 75 points per day.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Same thing happened to me on the 1st of September. Did two random skirmishes and they did not register on the battle pass at all. I just needed 80 XP so went and did two HE's and they worked, so can't test anything else as I'm done.
    Seems like battle pass XP from random queues got turned off prematurely.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    kitismi#3031 kitismi Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Can confirm HE gives credit, skirms do not, as of today.

edit: I must have looked at the calendar from an alternate universe or something. :anguished:
    Post edited by kitismi#3031 on
  • Options

Can confirm HE gives credit, skirms do not, as of today, the 31st.

Hmmm! Today is Sep 2. Even with different timezone, it can't be 31st in any 'today'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Still ongoing, did 2 random skirmishes (one was bank heist <,<) no credit.

The battle pass started August 9th and was announced to last 5 weeks per part. It's supposed to last through September 13.

@nitocris83

Can confirm that the HEs are still working. They are correctly rewarding 75 battlepass xp.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I am also experiencing no campaign progress for Random Skirmishes and Dungeons, but was awarded the 75 Battle Pass XP for completion of Heroic Encounters in the Rothe Valley zone. I also purchased the unlock for premium tasks, not sure if that plays a role in this particular issue or not.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I received credit for the HE's but did not receive any credit for the 3 Skirmishes. My husband has the same issue.
    Post edited by ontrix1 on
  • Options
    mighty#3719 mighty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also got 0 Battle Pass points, at least for skirmishes. I submitted a ticket, if I understand correctly, they encourage us to keep posting right here, to increase visibility & priority of the problem.
    From Support: "More examples of the same issue from affected players in the forums may help the developers research the problem and prioritize a potential fix."
  • Options
    guzwarguzwar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    This sucks for people who are too low ilevel to enter the zone and relied on the skirmishes to get the rewards.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Well, for a moment i had some hope that may be Heroic Encounters would still give Zariel's Favor for the Redeemed Citadel campaign with the Reforger's Blessing, it would be a slowly and tedious progress for some of my alt. characters stuck in there, but it would be at least some progress - after some testing, it looks like nothing is giving favor for the campaign in Avernus, they broke that campaign thoroughly.

Anyway, not getting any progress for Rothe Valley through Random Skirmishes with an active Battle Pass too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    sinister2022sinister2022 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ran 2 skirmishes today and yep, neither one counted. I only received credit for the HE.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    There won't be any fixes until Tuesday at the earliest, likely not until Wednesday/Thursday though as Cryptic has had a long weekend and won't be at work until Tuesday.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Perhaps double battle pass credit, similar to the weekend campaign events, might help affected players recoup lost progress? Being a holiday weekend means some players had extra time to devote to the content and were otherwise kept from progressing due to the bug.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

It seems that all players can no longer progress through the Rothé Valley Battle Pass by completing skirmishes. We apologize for the inconvenience. I will escalate this issue today, but the meeting will propably be held tomorrow due to Labor Day in USA. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    percemer said:

Greetings,

It seems that all players can no longer progress through the Rothé Valley Battle Pass by completing skirmishes. We apologize for the inconvenience. I will escalate this issue today, but the meeting will propably be held tomorrow due to Labor Day in USA. Thank you for your patience!

Regards,

It's random skirmishes and dungeons. I think it's all random queues. As far as I know, the only thing currently still working is the BHEs.

The problem is that this has been going on for a full week now and part one of this battle pass is scheduled to end this Thursday, in three days. Many haven't been able to finish the battle pass and probably will not be able to before Thursday, even if you have a fix out tomorrow. Can you please consider this?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    dillygirl said:

percemer said:

Greetings,

Regards,

It's random skirmishes and dungeons. I think it's all random queues. As far as I know, the only thing currently still working is the BHEs.

The problem is that this has been going on for a full week now and part one of this battle pass is scheduled to end this Thursday, in three days. Many haven't been able to finish the battle pass and probably will not be able to before Thursday, even if you have a fix out tomorrow. Can you please consider this?
    Someone reported that both rothe valley and random dungeon give credit (in PC) in another thread.
    The 2nd part of rothe valley is supposed to start on Sep 13. I would think 1st part won't end until then.

• Options

The 2nd part of rothe valley is supposed to start on Sep 13. I would think 1st part won't end until then.

My bad, I said 13th before, too, but then got the week wrong in that comment x.x. Still, 10 days x 75 progress is only 750 progress total. I found out BHEs did still work a few days ago, I was at 75%, and Ill only barely make it if I make sure to never lose a blip. Im sure there's people who were still at 50% who won't be able to complete this with just BHEs before the 13th. If they manage to fix everything Thursday, that's, what... hmmm 350 a day plus the two extra blips for dungeon and trial/skirmish? Yeah that does go a longer way. If you have the time this week.

Several ppl in this thread have mentioned random dungeon queue not working, usually in one sentence with random skirmish queue. Does anyone have any idea if random trial queue and random advanced dungeon queue are working towards progress? Maybe RADQ what the people in the other thread meant, too?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    dillygirl said:

My bad, I said 13th before, too, but then got the week wrong in that comment x.x. Still, 10 days x 75 progress is only 750 progress total. I found out BHEs did still work a few days ago, I was at 75%, and Ill only barely make it if I make sure to never lose a blip. Im sure there's people who were still at 50% who won't be able to complete this with just BHEs before the 13th. If they manage to fix everything Thursday, that's, what... hmmm 350 a day plus the two extra blips for dungeon and trial/skirmish? Yeah that does go a longer way. If you have the time this week.

Several ppl in this thread have mentioned random dungeon queue not working, usually in one sentence with random skirmish queue. Does anyone have any idea if random trial queue and random advanced dungeon queue are working towards progress? Maybe RADQ what the people in the other thread meant, too?
    No idea what the report in other thread means. It is just one sentence like here. Frankly, I don't know if that is trustworthy neither. Personally, random dungeons (like random skirmish) not giving credit makes more technically sense to me.

I already complete it, hence, I cannot verify anything personally.

As I reported above,

Draconic rage ended at 7:30am PT Aug 31st.
    I had 3990 in Rothe Valley battle pass before Draconic Rage deadline. i.e. 10 points to go.
    After 7:30am PT, I did a random skirmish and it did not give me Roth Valley Battle pass credit. I still had one green dot before and after I did the random skirmish.
    Right after that, I did a Rothe Valley HE and I got the last 10 points.

Assuming it is related to Draconic Rage shutdown that also 'shutdown' Rothe Valley (my theory), both Random skirmish and random dungeon should not give credit to Rothe Valley. The difference between Draconic Rage and Rothe Valley is Rothe Valley allows HE to give credit.

Random skirmish and Trail are in the same category. Hence, I don't expect Trail would work since skirmish does not.
    Random dungeon category includes both Random dungeon and RADQ. The question is if they give credit to Rothe Valley now.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    Im getting credit from rtq and radq and rdq now. Its completed so I cant test any further