test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UI BUG: 2x Player (HUD) Damage Floater's listed, 2nd is wrong?

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
I mean this one has always confused me, and I'm sure they named it wrong, because the first one applies only to the player. If you disable the 2nd you is seems to stop displaying (others) damage floaters, yet why do they have one that separately lists it? So is this a duplicate? :s

Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Food for thought.

A. There are damage you are the source or target.
    B. There are damage other player is the source or target.
    C. There are damage NPC (not you, not other players, not the companions) is the source or target.
    D. There are damage enemy (vs enemy such as devil vs demon) is the source or target.

As a layman myself (without doing actual testing), based on their tooltip descriptions, I would interpret:

"Show player's damage floaters" is A.
    "Show Player Damage Floaters" is A + B (or just B depending on interpretation).
    "Show others' damage floaters" is B + C + D.

"Show others' damage floaters" turned on. There was no other player. My character and my companion were not fighting.

Another one. NPC and enemy are fighting with 0 damage while my character and companion are watching. "Show others' damage floaters" is on. :)

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I just wished it was a little more clear, what they mean by show Players Damage Floaters, since there are two worded identically. :)

――― Update: to be a bit more clear ―――――
    Note: They are in fact worded identically, just one uses "Player Damage Floater" with the earlier does not saying "player's damage floaters".

So is the Player Damage Floater listed the 2nd time, referencing all player and how is it different from the one that falls immediately afterward (Others' Damage Floaters) hence the confusion.

With just the first one (Player Damage Floaters) selected, and others damage floaters set to OFF; I still see a lot of floater's no where near where I or my companion are--when I turn ON the second ONE, called Player Damage Floater, which seems similar to Other Damage Floaters.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    strathkin said:

I just wished it was a little more clear, what they mean by show Players Damage Floaters, since there are two worded identically. :)

With just the first one (Players Damage Floaters) selected, and others damage floaters set to OFF; I still see a lot of floater's no where near where I or my companion are.

The text are not identical. They are similar but not identical.
    To be correct (based on its tooltip), the 2nd one should be "Show Players' Damage Floaters".
    Move your mouse cursor to the text to see the tooltip description.

I am not saying there is no bug in the implementation. It could have bug.
    For me, the tooltip is pretty clear what it means but what it means does not always become what it does.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! I'll ask around for clarification.