test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rothe Valley and the post mod 21 Leveling Adventures

pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
First of all, thank you for making good the promise to bring back the vaulted zones, even if only one so far. There is a ton of removed content out there and in most cases, the devs of the time told us, the players, it was being removed temporarily for rework... and then never gets returned. Mad Dragon, Dread Vault and Idris are still missing from the queue, even if they have shown up in Tales of the Old and Idris as a lair. The old leveling skirmishes are gone and now even the CTAs don't run. So when we were told that Vaulting wasn't intended to be permanent, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but it wasn't easy. And here we have Rothe back, which has been one of my favorite zones since I farmed it for the ancient enchantment Fusion system back in Beta. So it really does make me happy to see it returned.

One thing does stand out though. In the maps redone for mod 21, quests which we had completed previously were still marked complete and yet gear rewards were added to those quests. Now, for Rothe Valley, none of the quests that I'd done (all the way back in 2013, same as the mod 21 maps) were complete, and yet there were no rewards for those quests despite there being a decent amount of Drow gear that isn't available anymore. The returned zones would benefit from having those old rewards, and it would be really nice to be able to go back and redo the mod 21 maps on my old characters so they can get the new gear for use as transmutes.

But thanks again for keeping your word and giving us back a map.

PS Thank you for the Rune Board as well
"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Comments

• Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    pitshade said:

and yet there were no rewards for those quests despite there being a decent amount of Drow gear that isn't available anymore

This i really cant understand; with ToS dungeon u could get full drow priestess look, now we got updated armor piece, n dusk set, and no belt or cape even unlike other zones. Addationaly BHE rewards seems like placeholders - consider adding vanity pet or just some consumables.

The end reward seems to be usin Underdark affinty, n the question is - what content does it cover ? Is it just 1 dungeon n 1 trial ??

PS at least one lair as repetable quest there will be nice
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    The achievement for scrying Rothe Valley wasn't re-enabled.

@nitocris83
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    greywynd said:

The achievement for scrying Rothe Valley wasn't re-enabled.

@nitocris83

Will escalate!

For the rest of the post, I'll add the feedback from the OP :)
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User

For the rest of the post, I'll add the feedback from the OP :)

so not even a conslidation prize ?