test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: Some friends (appear) very bottom, others appear at very top?

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
This often only shows several at the top yet strangely, you also have to scroll to the very bottom to ensure no one is missed.

I wanted to show this without disclosing private details so this is the 'best' I can do to show while respecting privacy.

Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    They are all your 'friends' regardless if they are offline or online. The list is sorted with certain sort order and I am not surprise it has bug and/or corrupted index.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Well that isn't the case, because before I used to see ALL online friends at the TOP, just as Pending Friends are shown (at the top) you have yet to approve.

Note: I also used online as sort preference, it used to work fine.
    ╘ see updated image above.

PS: Even if you sort by @name you'll have a @a... (at top) then shows two online at the very bottom showing names with a @t... & then a @e... OR clicking it again it's a @e... then a @t... (at top) then an @a... (at bottom) so even that isn't sorting as it should as even then it's not alphabetical. You'll also have everything in between (offline) show a, g, t, d, z, b, y, g, k, r, i (offline) also not alphabetical. If it's only sorting by (name) then it shouldn't care and be only a, b, c, d, e, f... or z, x, y, ... and it's not. Alphabetical would be a, b, c, d, e, f, fi, fz, g, h, i... and wouldn't care about online status, and online status should care about @name either it's not. As I showed I'm clicking for those who are online!

So definitely new Bug that's appeared in the last few months, it's not simply sorting as it should.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Mine is sorted perfectly.

Edit: It was perfect until I clicked to sort it. Then, it messed up. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Yea mine was that way as well because, as usually I usually never sort it; if fact most never do. It generally always showed those online first near the top. When I started asking friends why some friends are listed at bottom, they say that sometimes happens, and most think it's a bug. Perhaps something to clean up in maintenance, as some report it started in the last year from time-to-time?

Still you'd think sorting by online status would fix it, rather than make it worse.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    Note: If you exit & wait a little while 5/10/15 minutes, sometimes will fix problem.
    ╘ This issue seems to come and go, and not quite sure why. Some days are fine, others it's not and displays strange.
    ―――――――――――――――――――――

It's not because people are in appear as offline either, this is mostly who appear as online... *sigh*

@percemer
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    The ones at the bottom have de-friended or never added you back as a friend in the first place
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    No they are all indeed friends, that's why it shows them online status; pending friends do not show that, they say pending...

I exited the client for a few minutes (perhaps 20-30) minutes, then they finally all RESET and now show again at the top. As I've said, sometimes this just appears for no reason, and I've know many others who see this from time-to-time as well. Some times sorting them by online or name, also causes this as well, as plasticbat discovered.

That's why I said to try and exit client for 5/10/15 minutes, as it sometimes (or often) will correct it, yet it will again appear for no reason and not sure why. *sigh*
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll pass this on for our UI/UX folks to look into.
  • Options

I'll pass this on for our UI/UX folks to look into.

Thank You!