test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Freezes since Mod 23

rbtaftrbtaft Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have been experiencing game freezes since Mod 23 was released. I submitted a ticket for it and have heard back from CS that the Game Leads have confirmed it is a gameplay bug. When I say freeze I mean that gameplay simply stops and leaves a picture of whatever I was doing on the monitor.

There is no specific pattern of when it will freeze. I've had it happen roughly half the time while I was in combat. The other half the time it happens when I transition from one zone to another. Most the time I will have been playing for one to three hours. A few times it happened shortly after logging into the game. I've noticed it freezing more when I play my tank than on my dps character, but both are prone to the problem. It is especially problematic when I'm doing dragon hunts due to returning back into the game at the camp which generally forces the group to restart it.

I have to use Task Manager to stop the app in order to restart the game. I've noticed that every time I go to end the app Task Manager indicates that the game is using an abnormally high amount of power. I have a high-end PC so that problem isn't the hardware having a problem, it is the game code doing something abnormal.

CS recommended I post here to increase the exposure of this bug in order to help them see if others are having the same issue, and to help the programming team prioritize a fix. Is anyone else having game freezes?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    rbtaft said:

Is anyone else having game freezes?

Yes this is getting very old.. have been experiencing the same thing with the game suddenly locking up ,more often than not during dragon hunts which is very frustrating because when you log back in you are stuck at the fire and not returned to where the game crashed like most (all?) of the other content. Sometimes it will freeze up in transit from one area to another (like PE or stronghold) or a queued instance.. have tried getting the latest video drivers ,switching from full screen to windows max but it happens in either mode.. please look into this quickly because it is kind of game breaking.
    rbtaft said:

I have to use Task Manager to stop the app in order to restart the game.

same here.. there is no other way to get it off the screen ,once frozen.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • morian#1561 morian Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I have been experiencing this problem too. It appears to happen during most queued content, on random occasions. It would freeze up and the only way out is to end the task via control panel.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    rbtaft said:

I have to use Task Manager to stop the app in order to restart the game.

I would have thought more people would be trying to get this fixed

as i see it happening quite a lot to others along with the usual snr time outs..

anyway I created a .dmp file from taskman of the stalled .exe if that would be of any use ,let me know how I can get it to someone.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    I'm not sure if I have the same problem, but it seems very similar. At first I thought it was due to the age of my PC, but I'm not so convinced anymore. The problem is that the resource demand of the game suddenly almost doubles from one moment to the next, which causes the PC to "freeze" the game because it is overloaded, but when the game "freezes", the resource demand suddenly drops back to normal, as if the game is still running normally, but the last screen from the game remains on the monitor until I stop the game completely in the task manager. I experience this problem most often when changing zones.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks - will add to the weekly report for discussion/investigation.
  • yamayamayaamaayamayamayaamaa Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    This happens to me on Xbox Series X also. But for me it freezes during loading screens when logging in or switching characters.
    «‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

948658.png
  • vasiamen1vasiamen1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Hey, can you check in Windows Event Viewer what causes this freeze?
    I'm also experiencing freezes/crashes and there are always same error:

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

And error in NW crash file always same:
    GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

But, in any other game PoE, D2R, Resident Evil, RDR2 and WoW working fine, the problem occurs only in NW.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    I looked in the Windows Event Log, but I only found the 'program crashed or the user interrupted the process' entry related to this, which is about the shutdown of the game by me in the Task Manager.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    This has been worse today for me. Can't run any instances. It freezes during or shortly after entry.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rhadigartv#1354 rhadigartv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This issue has gotten worse for me and has caused me to briefly quit the game. Is there is any kind of update regarding this issue?
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Not only has it been freezing, but now if i try to play it on my new rig it just crashes the whole computer. It had become so frustrating that for the moment i have uninstalled and will wait a few months to a year before i give it a try again.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.