test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greed of the Dragonflight Feedback

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is for folks to provide feedback on the updated Dragonflight guild event that is currently available on Preview.

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:
<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font>
<font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Dragonflight Gear Feedback

Armor
    I suggest increasing the Dragonflight Set bonuses so they are at least somewhat viable and change the Power ratings to percentage. So it would now give for example:
    2 of Set: +50,000 Maximum Hit Points.
    3 of Set: +25% Power.

Moving Requirement Rings
    I suggest doubling the bonuses, as it requires a whole different playstyle to make full use of it. So the percentage stat bonuses would go from 5% to 10%. The Rating bonus rings would go from 3,000 to 6,000. This would make them at least competitive in AoE fights and if you really try, possibly useful in boss fights.

Stand Still Requirement Rings
    Either double the stats they give or change it so, as long as you remain standing still after the initial 6s, you can permanently have the bonus effect. It again requires a certain playstyle and many fights force you to move, so it would be unlikely to can sustain the bonus all the time.

Gladiator's Dragonflight Ring
    Change it's Control Bonus ratings to an offense stat rating, ideally Power or Critical Severity, so it's more useful to Dps and Healers. I would also add 2% to this Ring and the one that grants Accuracy (the Saboteur's Ring)

Damage Bonus Rings
    Again I would double all the values of these Rings. I realize this would make them the same as the Mythic Dragon Hunt rings, but I would also suggest doubling or adding 50% to the values on those Dragon Hunt rings. This way you actually make the damage bonus Rings competitive with having stats. The way it stands 7% Critical Strike is better than 3 or 4% damage on an endgame character.

Epic Rings
    I assume these are just filler.

Shirts
    Fairly useful, but I would change them to give percentage Power instead of Ratings.

Pants
    I would reverse the effect, so you obtain 5% Recharge speed when at full health and less when your Hp reduces. Alternatively double the effect from 5% to at least 10%

Artifact and Set
    Only 3% Forte from the set is very underwhelming, I would at least make it 6%.
    As for the Artifact, I would give the Poisson Damage, the effect to make the target Vulnerable, causing them to take 10% additional damage for the duration. This would make it a viable Artifact to run in Endgame content.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    The gear is objectively worse to what you can obtain in seal vendor, while requiring much more effort to get the currency.

...and I do not get the logic behind this reward rework. We just got a module where you have to put together 5 member crew and you go to bludgeon some dragons into submission. Entry is free of charge, reward is BIS gear.
    And here comes a dragonflight rework - you fight exactly the same dragons, but this time around you need much more people, you have to pay for entry and the rewards would need a "free appearance change" label to be at least considered as motivation.
    It is literally the same thing except harder to do and with worse rewards. I can already see how popular this is going to be.

Wasted effort. Just a little tinkering to scaling instead would bring the same effective value. Oh, scratch that, it would be much better - there used to be useful drops for guild coffer before and scheduled free run made things easier to organise.

• fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I agree the rewards do not challenge the current bis ones, but I'm also not sure they have to. If it's just the current ancient dragons it will surely make beating them more accessible to undergeared guildies because you fight dragons with 10+ people and not 5. Should that give you bis? Don't think so.

Think the pieces could add some variety, but to be fair, a Stronghold event should focus on guild benefits. Like why can't people buy a substantial amount of Coffer vouchers for Dragonflight currency? An artifact set that gives +5% Guild Marks. Rings that give +1.5% of specific stats per guild member in your party. Gear with +10% Movement Speed inside Strongholds. Potions or Overloads that give +10% DPS inside Strongholds.

The current gear progression is fine. You can get plenty of cheap stuff to start with and have the current BiS mostly coming form HC VoS and Ancients. I don't see what kind of purpose intermediate pieces from Dragonflights serve.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I think Galatic Underwear said it best - we don't need another two dozen pieces of mediocre gear. Give real incentives like a chance motes, pres wards, etc. If you're going to fight dragons to get gear, then just do hunts.

I suggest increasing the Dragonflight Set bonuses so they are at least somewhat viable and change the Power ratings to percentage. So it would now give for example:
    2 of Set: +50,000 Maximum Hit Points.
    3 of Set: +25% Power.

I wrote it elsewhere, but it might be beneficial to leave the observation here as well: HP bonuses are a week point in the combat system. It is an addition, not multiplication - which means it is overpowered in capped, low IL content, but completely pointless in the higher half of reachable ILs. In this system, HP bonuses should be avoided to prevent any potential balance issues.

... and it would be wise to maintain the 5-7,5% stat bonus per piece of gear and figure out the set bonus separately, on top of that.
    edited August 2022
    The last comment, I promise! :D
    I know it is hard to scrap a work that has already been done, but here is my suggestion anyway:
    The dragonflight is directly competing with dragon hunts in settings - so it should not be competing in rewards. Therefore, IMHO, the rewards should be:
    1. direct - coffer vouchers (like, Sharandar and other rares), a chance for a roll on premium rewards
    2. fang currency - low IL masterwork bonus weapon set, individual dies, upgrade tokens, unique neck-waist sets, possibly even grater shards and insignia powder (...)
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    While I like that Dragonflight can be started with guild marks instead of spending Zen for a bell, I hate that apparently it will not be available for free every 2 hours like it used to.
    While 2.500 guild marks is no fortune, most people would prefer to spend it on other things, especially with the rewards as they are on preview.
    Several guilds in my alliance used to run a weekly free Dragonflight before it was removed, this will now cost guild marks making it a lot less attractive for the person in charge of running it.
    So please bring back the free Dragonflight every 2 hours.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    I would say another chance for rewards would be able to purchase Mastercraft materials that only drop from VoS as another source for them.
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    rikitaki said:

I wrote it elsewhere, but it might be beneficial to leave the observation here as well: HP bonuses are a week point in the combat system. It is an addition, not multiplication - which means it is overpowered in capped, low IL content, but completely pointless in the higher half of reachable ILs. In this system, HP bonuses should be avoided to prevent any potential balance issues.

ah yes Hp and scaling, that would be a mess, adding 50k, when you only have like 100k. Then you'd need make that a multiplier, otherwise just remove it and leave the power
    rikitaki said:

... and it would be wise to maintain the 5-7,5% stat bonus per piece of gear and figure out the set bonus separately, on top of that.

Well I hope you realize the gear has literally no bonus by themselves, only when you create a set.
    The way it stands for competitive stats:
    - Head 10%
    - Armor 15%
    - Arms 7.5%
    - Feet 7.5%
    So adding 25% stats with a requirement of giving up 3 of these slots is a fair bargain, is it not?
    edited August 2022

rikitaki said:

Well I hope you realize the gear has literally no bonus by themselves, only when you create a set.
    The way it stands for competitive stats:
    - Head 10%
    - Armor 15%
    - Arms 7.5%
    - Feet 7.5%
    So adding 25% stats with a requirement of giving up 3 of these slots is a fair bargain, is it not?
    Yes, I do realize the gear has no bonuses on its own, therefore I suggested to add those - and have some set bonus on top of those. That way we could avoid huge stat bulks in a single category and even sole piece of gear would become somehow meaningful in face of seal vendor competition.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Well this might turn into a little rant, but I think devs have to reconsider their preview usage and purpose. Not even giving players two weeks to assess changes means nothing contributed in here will have any impact on the live version. So is it just to show off content and give the social channels and creators some content?

Considering this and the fact that even alpha testing seems to lead into a bugged mess more often than not I'm not sure how you want to motivate players to give their two cents on upcoming changes. At least whatever you have to say has to have a chance of impacting the final product. Otherwise it's a pretty useless utilization of the PTS.