test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What have you done to the forum again?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
edited June 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
Is this better?

Can you read this?

or this?

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
Post edited by plasticbat on

Comments

• plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    www.arcgames.com looks back to how it used to for me.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Yes, www.arcgames.com looks better. Thank you for pointing it out.
    The above images were from accounts.arcgames.com.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited June 2022

Is this better?

Can you read this?

or this?

I sent a note to @percemer (EU Community Moderator) who kind of taking over for Nitocris while she on Vacation for a week; though I thought @ambassadorkael#6946 (STO) was supposed to be doing so. Maybe he's just for watching or reporting on feedback though, not doing bug fixes like the one we received today.

https://www.playneverwinter.com/en/news-details/11519953
    Though in fairness he also looks after Champions Online as well as STO. Why I gather Nitocris has Percemer!

I provided this as example, white on white is never good, and light blue on light grey is just as bad, contrast matters to be seen!

Also yesterday or day before I could find my bookmarks, now I can't even locate them. :(
    Post edited by strathkin on
    edited June 2022
    strathkin said:

Is this better?

Can you read this?

or this?

I sent a note to @percemer (EU Community Moderator) who kind of taking over for Nitocris while she on Vacation for a week; though I thought @ambassadorkael#6946 (STO) was supposed to be doing so. Maybe he's just for watching or reporting on feedback though, not doing bug fixes like the one we received today.

I provided this as example, white on white is never good, and light blue on light grey is just as bad, contrast matters to be seen!

Also yesterday or day before I could find my bookmarks, now I can't even locate them. :(
    Use https://www.arcgames.com/ .... instead. That looks good.

plan009 said:

www.arcgames.com looks back to how it used to for me.

I briefly saw it back to how it used to look, which was FAR NICER, yet now back to mostly White everywhere!

strathkin said:

Is this better?

Can you read this?

or this?

Use https://www.arcgames.com/ .... instead. That looks good.

That's how it appeared for me for a brief period of time, yet now is back to mostly white... *sigh*
    strathkin said:

That's how it appeared for me for a brief period of time, yet now is back to mostly white... *sigh*

Check your URL to make sure it is www.arcgames.com (or arcgames.com) instead of something like accounts.arcgames.com.
    Yes, that fixed it--thank you!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    They obviously rolled back the forum changes on old location and introduced the old setup on the new location. That was a wise decision, why change something that is working well?

The new location however got some CSS changes that are not 100% successful. They might have been trying to adapt the forums there to the general visual guide for the new site. Not looking good.

Why do old and new site they have to be different?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Because there have been issues with Vanilla and the forum software?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    The old forums are back. Hallelujah.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Because there have been issues with Vanilla and the forum software?

Even when they did the unpopular change, the HTML structure of the forums seemed to be the same. That indicates it was the same forums software running.

The only changes was the layout, the CSS.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    It's back to it's old self!! yay!!!
    For those who are still having issues, try ctrl+F5 to force a cache refresh.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    I was curious - for a while back in June, the Neverwinter ARC forums appeared back to normal.

but recently, the forum headers look distorted to me - I am not sure if it is some browser or o/s setting. the avatar symbols are stretched out. I feel like they used to be circles.

• plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Yep, got the same thing happening for two or three weeks, now.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates