test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonslayer (M23) General Feedback Thread

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Dragonslayer is now on the NeverwinterPreview shard! We will be creating specific feature feedback threads for players to discuss the different areas of the upcoming module but you can leave your general thoughts on this thread.

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:*
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.

*These examples are made up and not related to in-game content.

Comments

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    There is no VIP on Preview. Or if there is its Limited to certain people I've reported this and asked countless times when it will be fixed https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263800/no-more-vip-on-preview/ Playing a new mod on preview without VIP is never going to happen.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Feedback: Please remove scaling in Dragon Hunts, this is new content

I do love the look and feel of the dragon lairs and the fight itself. At first pass over, the equipment does seem varied and desirable.
    Post edited by arazith07 on
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Bug: Eternal Armor Set gives wrong class gear, got Ranger gear instead of barbarian

• mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Feedback. Nothing for veteran DPS players to farm except the exact same gears with slightly higher item level. Was it intended to keep our builds cookie cutter and unoriginal for so long? So weird how the stated goal of the last rework was to give us the opportunity to make diverse builds, but we are still stuck in the rut of nothingness for so long.

Feedback. Nothing for veteran DPS players to farm except the exact same gears with slightly higher item level. Was it intended to keep our builds cookie cutter and unoriginal for so long? So weird how the stated goal of the last rework was to give us the opportunity to make diverse builds, but we are still stuck in the rut of nothingness for so long.

Are you sure you looked at the right stuff? Did you look at the store vendor? There are 24 Mythic armor pieces, all with different stats. Sure some are repeated or could be better, but there is quite a variety, including some for healers and tanks.
  • lylak83#3287 lylak83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Greetings Adventurers!
    >
    > Dragonslayer is now on the NeverwinterPreview shard! We will be creating specific feature feedback threads for players to discuss the different areas of the upcoming module but you can leave your general thoughts on this thread.
    >
    > Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs
    >
    > For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!
    >
    > Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    > If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:
    >
    > This text will display in cyan.
    > This text will display in red.
    >
    > Examples:*
    > Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
    > Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.
    >
    >
    > *These examples are made up and not related to in-game content.

I have put in many tickets. You still have not fixed insurgency bug. Doing 9 rounds and getting credit for only 3 is ridiculous. I see many complaints about this since 2020 and still no fix. Just be honest and say we don't care about bugs only making money and new content.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @arazith07 said:
    > Are you sure you looked at the right stuff? Did you look at the store vendor? There are 24 Mythic armor pieces, all with different stats. Sure some are repeated or could be better, but there is quite a variety, including some for healers and tanks.

It's possible I missed some. But after first glance, it appears that the only ones DPS may seek are the same gears we currently use with just a but of higher item level. Could be wrong, though.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

The dragon scales can only be obtained by one character on the account
    ie. I started the campaign on one character, killed 2 young dragons, got to rank 2 and collected 3 scales

then changed to another class and killed 8 , got to rank 8 and have collected ZERO dragon scales.

can someone confirm this and can we find out if this is intended (-feedback: if this is intended that would be disasterous for players that play multiple classes.) or a bug?

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    The intro quest for Dragonslayer took ages on my Paladin. The fight was not particulary difficult but the amount of HP was quite high.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    stof#3099 said:

Bug: Eternal Armor Set gives wrong class gear, got Ranger gear instead of barbarian

I got Mage gear instead of Ranger. So interesting
    hastati96 said:

The intro quest for Dragonslayer took ages on my Paladin. The fight was not particulary difficult but the amount of HP was quite high.

I know for my ranger, the HP of the dragon is similar to that of a normal young dragon. It would make sense that young dragons for paladin players to have young dragons with less HP than everyone else due to lack of DPS paragon.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Since again you are removing a legacy campaign (making Well of Dragon into an adventure is almost as good as removing it) what currency will be used for the Treasures of Tyrany in the stronghold coffers? Or is it Sharandar all over again?
    And by the way -- the Dragon run in the Well of Dragons is still a great fun. One of the few things that left from the old times when the game used to be fun.

Since again you are removing a legacy campaign (making Well of Dragon into an adventure is almost as good as removing it) what currency will be used for the Treasures of Tyrany in the stronghold coffers? Or is it Sharandar all over again?
    And by the way -- the Dragon run in the Well of Dragons is still a great fun. One of the few things that left from the old times when the game used to be fun.

The zone is still there though... there are just different currencies to donate to the coffer, which drops from almost all group content. The only thing I'm aware of that is removed are the books needed for boons and the hoard mechanic for Tiamat.
    edited May 2022
    Feedback: On the Red Dragon, it's hard to tell against the ground the blue and white flanking arcs (both colors will blend in).
    edited May 2022

QA needs to investigate this one further.
    "The dragon scales can only be obtained by one character on the account
    ie. I started the campaign on one character, killed 2 young dragons, got to rank 2 and collected 3 scales
    then changed to another class and killed 8 , got to rank 8 and have collected ZERO dragon scales."

after the smaller preview patch today, I started another char and they recieved 1 dragon scale after the Smerdiuk intro hunt but I did a 9th hunt on the char that I was unabe to get any scales on and they still didn't get one after killing a dragon
    (not that it matters if its fixed)

anyway quick work sorting this. nj
    Chromatic Strands, the currency used for guild stronghold donations, don't drop in enough quantities or don't give enough guild donations imo. 10 Chromatic Strands gives 50 donations in the coffer (I didn't look at the guild mark amount). I believe I got the strands from 2 normal Tiamat runs, this seems like it would be an insane grind for guilds trying to accumulate Tyranny Treasures.
  • veritas#8496 veritas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Feedback: Remove scaling from Dragon Hunts, the content is brand new and adding scaling will do nothing more than upset the community. You can achieve the same effect by just buffing the Dragons HP and attack damage.

Scaling is bad, 95% of people do not enjoy nor advocate for scaling.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2022

Most tomes, except the incantations, which gets farmed through tiamat, needs to be either made, from 180 of the campaign currency and 20 coins, but only worth 10 AD? Make it at least 2000 AD, so at least it worths the materials it can be made of. Yeah, you can get it from chests as well, but except the tiamat one, most of them would cost more to get from a single chest roll, especially now. I don't even want it to be a normal price based on AH, just the sum of the costs.

But it can be argued that because those materials can be converted to GM, but people spent on these, it can go up for more.

• polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but will the Sharandar Mastercraft stuff be added to the Collections page? Since it wasn't added when it went live.
  • domino#8354 domino Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer

then changed to another class and killed 8 , got to rank 8 and have collected ZERO dragon scales.

can someone confirm this and can we find out if this is intended (-feedback: if this is intended that would be disasterous for players that play multiple classes.) or a bug?

@earlgreybeard could you provide the name of the the character on preview that cannot earn scales, it would help with investigating the issue. Thanks.
  • slohcin13#7963 slohcin13 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Chromatic Strands, the currency used for guild stronghold donations, don't drop in enough quantities or don't give enough guild donations imo. 10 Chromatic Strands gives 50 donations in the coffer (I didn't look at the guild mark amount). I believe I got the strands from 2 normal Tiamat runs, this seems like it would be an insane grind for guilds trying to accumulate Tyranny Treasures.

Not sure if it was the case two days ago, but the Strand drops seem to be decent just from running around killing enemies (at least in DBV). I got 75 Decayed for killing two groups. Assuming killing enemies in other places is supposed to drop well too.

Unfortunately, the strands are not currently donatable to coffer for me, which is odd considering it sounds like you were able to donate.

arazith07 said:

Not sure if it was the case two days ago, but the Strand drops seem to be decent just from running around killing enemies (at least in DBV). I got 75 Decayed for killing two groups. Assuming killing enemies in other places is supposed to drop well too.

Unfortunately, the strands are not currently donatable to coffer for me, which is odd considering it sounds like you were able to donate.
    I was only able to donate the Chromatic ones (not talking about the elemental ones as those drop reasonably well).
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Regarding the removal of tyranny of dragons campaing there is still some points that arent made clear in the today's post:
    1. What will happen with legacy quests from sybella (Heroics and Adventures)? since you cannot do any BHE or quests in that zone.
    2. What happens with "Well of dragons support" quest from coinmaster on the stronghold? since is one of the sources of adventure shards for building the stronghold. Because currently you can obtain it but not complete. By removal of this you will be reducing the maximum average yield per day of adventure shards from 17.5 to 15. Its there any plans to increase this value. It was previosly 20 per day but the sharandar rework removed it from the 4 day quest cycle from the coinmaster.
    3. What will happen "Wizard Tower: Tier 4 upgrade quest" which award 100 influence for killing the 5 heralds?
    4. What will happen with Dragon Hoard coffers which are used to donate to hoard and awarded linus favor? Some people have thousands of those and are valued 500ad each right now on the AH.
    edited May 2022

@earlgreybeard could you provide the name of the the character on preview that cannot earn scales, it would help with investigating the issue. Thanks.
    My rouge:

Lady Earlina Grey@earlgreybeard

there are 2 of her on preview atm
    one of them hasn't started dragonslayer yet and is still in TDV (Lady Earlina Grey 1)

the one I did it on is in PE
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Feedback: First login should cause something to show up that tells people to visit antiquities vendor to exchange obsolete Well Of Dragons campaign currency.
  • anjicat#4942 anjicat Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Is there going to any kind of recompense for players who created signets of patronage for new alts who haven't completed the campaign yet so will not receive the benefit they invested in?
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Potentially a bug:
    When my character transferred to preview, I lost all progress in the "Draconic Rage" campaign that I had made so far. Wanted to be sure to call it out, just in case it's an unintentional result of the new campaign and these two overlap some!
    Feedback: Dragon VOs don't seem to be spaced quite right. I usually take about 2.5 minutes for the first 2 phases and 4 minutes for the last, and there are times when I am bursting that the voice lines will cut over before the first is finished. It would be nice to hear the full voice lines.