test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RC Castle Ravenloft & Tank Movement bug STILL not fixed

mindfruit80mindfruit80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
Ok so this is the 3rd time I have reported the problems in RC CR & no one even responds to this. 1st boss the bat swarm that targets a random player is impossible to remove, you have less then a half of a sec to move to a light & even if you are at the light it is instant death. When you make this dungeon a no revive run with all the bugs that are in CR you make it impossible to do- I cant tell you how many years this dungeon has been broken & still to this day no one seems to care. What does it take to get you devs to actually do some work & maybe fix at least 1 thing a year????? I am not going to get into the other bugs in CR & hopefully you can fix the bat swarm first.

On a different note, The all tank movement bug is STILL not fixed, meaning that if you use the guild movement boon or the movement enchantment & use your shield you will lose all that bonus until you change boons/enchant to something else. This is extremely annoying as tanks need to stay in front & when everyone is passing you that makes it hard to actually tank. I really dont know what is going on in this poor excuse for a company with 0 customer support. Countless times I have reported things & not once has anything been done, & not once has a dev or anyone working over there responded, stating that they are aware of the problem & it is being look at. Get it together guys or you will lose you entire player base......

Comments

• Options
    masterjr#2077 masterjr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The thing is about RC is some dungeons make you do the original mechanics to that dungeon. We need to follow how it was ran which is everyone that is not the tank stays behind the boss. Doesn't matter if you are range or melee, you just stand behind him so the healer can be ready to spam. It was a brutal fight when CR was introduce. The dungeon was never meant to be go to the street light.

I saw this on another thread from a dev:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263697/castel-ravenloft-first-boss-fight

"The Bat Swarm is a soak (hypo), intended to be shared with nearby allies to survive. Also, I'm not sure where this notion came from the fight is 'reworked' as no new mechanics were added to the fight. While it is true that the damage of many powers that were previously trivial was increased and will result in more pressure on the tank and the group as a whole, the length of the fight was significantly reduced as a counterbalance."

So to reply back to your statement is that the devs are doing their job and making sure the dungeon is being ran how it was suppose to be ran this whole time. We have completed this whole dungeon on RC with no revive run and it is a tough but fun fight, you just need to know the original mechanics.

I think you should really look at that link and it talks for what a lot of people think the mechanic is but the dev does talk about how it isn't.

I hope this helps you mindfruit and if you play PC and want to run this together then I would love to show you these mechanics =D I mainly play during the evenings hours on EST time zone. =D

NickthePaladin
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2022

The thing is about RC is some dungeons make you do the original mechanics to that dungeon. We need to follow how it was ran which is everyone that is not the tank stays behind the boss. Doesn't matter if you are range or melee, you just stand behind him so the healer can be ready to spam. It was a brutal fight when CR was introduce. The dungeon was never meant to be go to the street light.

I saw this on another thread from a dev:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263697/castel-ravenloft-first-boss-fight

"The Bat Swarm is a soak (hypo), intended to be shared with nearby allies to survive. Also, I'm not sure where this notion came from the fight is 'reworked' as no new mechanics were added to the fight. While it is true that the damage of many powers that were previously trivial was increased and will result in more pressure on the tank and the group as a whole, the length of the fight was significantly reduced as a counterbalance."

So to reply back to your statement is that the devs are doing their job and making sure the dungeon is being ran how it was suppose to be ran this whole time. We have completed this whole dungeon on RC with no revive run and it is a tough but fun fight, you just need to know the original mechanics.

I think you should really look at that link and it talks for what a lot of people think the mechanic is but the dev does talk about how it isn't.

I hope this helps you mindfruit and if you play PC and want to run this together then I would love to show you these mechanics =D I mainly play during the evenings hours on EST time zone. =D

NickthePaladin

I completely agree with your reaction and I will add some things to it..
    Since DPS have that weird hype to get on top of (in my eyes) cursed paingivers list at any costs, by doing so they are missing some important stats wich make them less vulnurable for things like hypo and swarm (in this case)... Besides the lack of proper dungeon mechanics are these RC runs a perfect tool to teach those players to stick with their class role..

The swarm is a event with 4 arrows inwards, which means that damage needs to be shared by gathering up instead of running around like a brainless chicken..
    Since I am on other side of boss I always cast Shield of Fait in combo with Magnificent Inspiration and jump in for a fast share, or cast Divine Protector (also called Bubble) in cooporation with healer to get massive heals ready for me..
    Its very flexible (think of Banner) and it all depends on players knowledge of basic mechanics..

However..
    This is something the Devs needs to look into.. The swarm at sisters is (in my opinion) unbalanced compared to the swam at endboss... At sisters it does a lot of damage while the swarm at endboss hardly do any damage..

Bottomline is (especially in RC runs) learn basic mechanics and secondly respect other classes role... Especially tanks and healers because they are the ones who need to keep the paper warriors alive

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    + 1 to movement speed bug, how long we have to wait for fix? This is very important stat since our shield is the worsed in game mechanic.

@nitocris83

Here, catch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDkK0i2ZLpg