test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The enchantment system stinks like pile of garbage.

cheeseagent69cheeseagent69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited January 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
seriously? The enchantment changes are trash. Basically, all the time spent on farming/grinding/upgrading enchantments on all my toons were just wasted, and all enchantments turned into just generic stat boosting enchantments? I really liked the weapon and armor enchantments, and offense enchantments that offered effects other than pure stat boosts.

Like, armor enchant that increases deflect, and after certain rank, can even stun nearby enemies. Or even life leech, or deal % of ur max hp as extra dmg etc. This is one of the aspects of NW i liked as this is something unique-ish that majority of mmos dont usually do, its usually just pure stat boosts.

Not only that, the devs think a good consolation prize is temporary enchantments, and only able to trade in r10+?

Maybe they got something planned in future to add more interesting augments and it wont really matter to new players (and honestly doesnt have that huge impact in overall gameplay really, just makes some of my builds less effective), idk, but as it stands, this update is garbage and who ever decided this change is someone i really dont like and am holding back very choice words for them >:(

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    I had a few near max. My main was short a few ranks here and there.

I have the comp stone acct wide. I have one other at rank 3. Once the temps burn out it will be a while before any alts are ready for play.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I just cleared out all old enchantments from the inventory of all my alts. Actually feel relieved, like after a good spring cleaning. The new system does seem simpler. At the very least, I like not having to slot enchantments in each piece of gear. The unlock at mythic should be very alt friendly for people with many dps alts.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    So you have to max a stone to make it account wide?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User

So you have to max a stone to make it account wide?

Yes, R5.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I have been playing since launch but have never had a character maxed. I am an alt-aholic and shift my interest too much to focus on one character. Before the update, my highest item level on a character was 42k. After converting everything I could, I have 1 set of enchants that add 10700 item level to whichever character I put it on.

That has made my highest item level character to top out at 52k. I like the new system. The only issue for me, is that every time I switch characters I have to put all enchants in the account bank and re-slot them on the next character I want to play.

Mind you I only need to do this when doing queues or the last two campaigns. The rest of my character can run around without enchants doing legacy stuff.
    edited January 2022
    keppoch1 said:

I have been playing since launch but have never had a character maxed. I am an alt-aholic and shift my interest too much to focus on one character. Before the update, my highest item level on a character was 42k. After converting everything I could, I have 1 set of enchants that add 10700 item level to whichever character I put it on.

That has made my highest item level character to top out at 52k. I like the new system. The only issue for me, is that every time I switch characters I have to put all enchants in the account bank and re-slot them on the next character I want to play.

Mind you I only need to do this when doing queues or the last two campaigns. The rest of my character can run around without enchants doing legacy stuff.

If you make your enchantment to R5 (if not now, then one day in the future), you can trade the R5 to account wide R5 (no charge).
    Mind you that, your original R5 can be sold in AH. Your converted account wide R5 can't be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

If you make your enchantment to R5 (if not now, then one day in the future), you can trade the R5 to account wide R5 (no charge).
    Mind you that, your original R5 can be sold in AH. Your converted account wide R5 can't be.

You buy the acct-bound stone with the R5. There is no R5 for you to stick in the AH at that point.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I'm pretty certain Plasticbat meant it the way you are saying it--but after reading your post, I can see how you might have interpreted what he said to mean you trade one for account wide unlock and then sell the original on the AH.

Which would be pretty incredible.

But I believe he was pointing out that if you want to sell your R5 at some point in the future, you can't turn it into an account wide redeemable enchantment because then it becomes bound to your characters for good (account bound). I think he was pointing out the tradeoff between the two options.

Which is what you did as well. :)

Since I run one of each type (except bard), I like the account redeemable concept--but it will definitely take quite a few coal wards to get those R5 enchants. And while i appreciate the option of taking enchants from one toon to another without using gold before I get an R5, it will be much nicer not to have to switch them around.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Definitely isn't alt or new player friendly.

I think this is my take as well. As veteran I had enough Reagents, R15s and ADs to buy me a set of Mythic Enchantments on day one. It's really strange that some can finish progression within minutes while others might struggle to even get one Enchantment to Rank 2 (because everything is gated behind Coals now). Definitely feels like this was designed based on having a full account to pray with every day and being able to trade in a lot of Rank 15s.

To make matters worse, the system is alt friendly, but only at its very peak. I maintain 15+ alts and mains just in case I need to generate "tries" per day (like Bounties in Sharandar for example). Account-Unlocks are a godsend in case you can afford them (again, not new player friendly). Now even the most basic alts are at least 55k. It definitely makes life easier on that front and explains why Cryptic wasn't sweating setting the bars for basic group farm content to 40/50k recently. (RC, Demo, RTQ).

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    My biggest concer, actually, is that the only way to get those new enchantments is just by trading old ones, and even only R10+ can be traded. Definetely, it is not "new player friendly", unles i'm missing other ways to get those new enchantments.

It would be nice if those lockboxes could drop the new enchantments as one of their rewards. At least, ppl would have a reason to spend zen and buy keys; or even, maybe, put the new enchants on salo on tamarlune tradebar store...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    edited January 2022

My biggest concer, actually, is that the only way to get those new enchantments is just by trading old ones, and even only R10+ can be traded. Definetely, it is not "new player friendly", unles i'm missing other ways to get those new enchantments.

It would be nice if those lockboxes could drop the new enchantments as one of their rewards. At least, ppl would have a reason to spend zen and buy keys; or even, maybe, put the new enchants on salo on tamarlune tradebar store...

100K AD per Rank 1 stat enchantment in Sage shop.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

Oh my... thanks.

I ask to myself if it's worth to buy some rank14 enchants on Ah and turn them into points to get some blue/purple boxes
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
    edited January 2022

Oh my... thanks.

I ask to myself if it's worth to buy some rank14 enchants on Ah and turn them into points to get some blue/purple boxes
    You may want to check out AH. Right now, combat/companion enchantment - rank 3 choice pack is 360K AD in AH.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I think the new enchantments system is ok actually:
    * Enchantments now change with loadouts
    * Enchantments now have big enough stat values to be worthwhile

However, all the noise seems to be about the transition from the old to the new system.
    I'll agree that the transitioning process could have been handled better both from a PR point of view and from what actually is happening.
  • david#7081 david Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi All my new enchantments and rune stones have just disappeared they were there last night ??? HELP
    They were only good for a week. They turned to dust.

Hi All my new enchantments and rune stones have just disappeared they were there last night ??? HELP

Expected. There is a timer for 7 days counting down from your first log into the character since mod 22 launched.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2022

I think the new enchantments system is ok actually:
    * Enchantments now change with loadouts
    * Enchantments now have big enough stat values to be worthwhile

However, all the noise seems to be about the transition from the old to the new system.
    I'll agree that the transitioning process could have been handled better both from a PR point of view and from what actually is happening.

Personnally, I don't mind novelties, even if it causes me to make huge adaptations. But changes... the more heavy and/or frequent the changes on old things are, the more I get tired by their game.

It's not that I technically dislike this specific change on enchants/wards, nor that I didn't figure out upstream how I would rebuild, nor that I lack the ressources to be back on my feet right away (in fact I end up with stronger characters and profited quite nicely from the situation on the AH...)
    But the constant reassessment of "old" systems we are experiencing, added to the amount of clicks you need to do each time (sometimes in interfaces that aren't well thought) in order to "restore" your character(s) up to an acceptable state, all of this is truly exhausting.

Last tuesday, I quickly discovered the new campaign during the first "live" hour, then dealt during more than 3hours with recovering old enchants/runes (accross my account : 12 armor/weapon r14, more than 100 r15 and I don't know how many r10-14), with exchanging for medallions to then exchange those for the new enchants, then upgrading to rank max then equiping on my main, then deciding what to do with all the left over...

It was 23h, this tedious process left me so tired, so empty, wondering about what was left to enjoy on this game... and I logged out in this mindset...

I logged in again only on last sunday (unusually skipping 4 days of the minimum routine "connect-vip back-refine 100k rAD from my stockpile-disconnect"). I didn't really play, just came in-game to finish my event organization then enliven it (4th stage of the 2nd Olympic Games in my ally) and provide the rewards... I then disconnected, did my recap on discord, and probably won't come back on the game before next friday (for the Olympic Games 5th stage).

It was a similar feeling (though the scale of changes aren't equivalent) to the one I had after mod20 (resulting in 7 months I played in freewheel), same than the one I had after mod16 (almost threw me out of the game, ended up to be more a ~6 months break).

I am not sure what I did differently comparing with others. My characters lose their temp enchantment today as expected. So, they are now enchantment-less. Yet, they are still in ~42K to 45K. None of my characters reached 50K in mod 21. They were about ~43K to 48K in mod 21. I guess I did not invest a lot in enchantment before mod 22.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I really miss my elven battle enchantment. This new mod is has so many mobs that can stunlock you, absolutely frustrating.
    I spent the last 2 years maxing my GWFs control resist, my character felt unique compared to other barbs. Now I feel like the soul of my main has been removed. my only options now is rebuild as a glass cannon or a really bad off tank.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    the new enchantment system isn't too bad...the refinement system and trade values are what makes the pile of garbage stink.
  • orcariom#3060 orcariom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think that everyone who exchanged their enchantments for medallions is being harmed, since the company gave no other option but to exchange. Check that the prices of the items do not match the overpriced values.

Follow the fair values to the players.

rank 1 = 3 medallions
    rank 2 = 22 medallions

Combat 1 = 6 medallions
    Combat 3 = 44 medallions
    Combat 4 = 63 medallions

the rank 1 costs 100,000 AD in Bradda the sage and coal molten costs 1000 zen in zen shop 1 ZEN equivalent 750 AD 1 medallion costs 40,000AD therefore:

Coalescent Mote = 1000 Zen * 750AD = 750,000 AD / 40,000 = 18.75 medallions (19)

Rank 1 costs = 100,000 / 40,000 = 2.5 medallions (3)
    Rank 2 costs = 100,000+750,000 = 850,000/40,000 = 21.25 medallions (22)

Combat 1 costs = 250,000 / 40,000 = 6.25 (6) medallions
    Combat 3 costs = 250,000 + 750,000 + 750,000 =1,750,000 / 40,000 = 43.75 Medallions (44)
    Combat 4 costs = 250,000 + 750,000 + 750,000 + 750,000 = 2,500,000 / 40,000 = 62.5 medallions (63)

It is worth mentioning that the prices charged at the auction house should not be taken into account as it is a market influenced by the players.

Come in and comment, because it's not the first time that the company financially harms players

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1264187/overpricing-at-the-medallion-store