test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nightspine issues cause sever crash on map1

dani#6705 dani Member Posts: 24 Arc User
When trying to defeat the T3 Nightspine, extreme lag is created by the dropping of his green bombs, This is the second time lag has caused problems but the first time that it caused me, and my party of 13-15, plus everyone else in the server to get dumped because map 1 crashed entirely and did not come back. As a result, I lost any gear it may have dropped as we were close to finishing. I lost the lure, the 3rd one on this guy. I find it interesting that this has been allowed to continue. I for one will not be back to Avernus to waste 3 weeks worth of hunting to create a T3 lure that will crash the server and be lost forever. Me and my team lost many rez scrolls because of lag deaths and many, many charges from health stones. This kind of wastefulness is unacceptable. It impossible to tank this creature in this state of play. I am positive it happens all the time, to everyone, they just do not talk about it. The person who took my ticket said my drivers were out of date, and to update and try again. I REFUSE to try again unless I am given a lure to try with. I highly doubt my drivers caused the trouble. There were 20 others on and I doubt all their driver were outdated too. Please look into this. Avernus is a fun place, but when fun turns into major frustration, it is no longer fun. IF more information is needed, do let me know. I can wrangle up some o the folks who were there with me. Several created tickets as well and of course we got different answers.

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    regardless ... how out of date/ behind are your drivers months ... years ? maybe update them so support can rule that out as a probable cause right away and escalate the ticket

logic 101..
    if your drivers were actually up to date support cant then BS you or supply that as the reason or probable cause for your issue ..

just out of curiosity why would you not want to be running that latest drivers for your video card / etc .that would help with all your games performance / stability not just never winter
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It's got nothing to do with drivers. I was in a Nightspine hunt and it froze badly a few times, I think the worst time was around well over 10 seconds and people had died and when we came back we ported all over the place several times though thankfully it didn't crash.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    dont you get it support will always blame drivers if they are not up to date(even tho that may not be the reason ) and will not escalate .they want to close the ticket

you did not answer my question as to why you would not want to be running the latest drivers anyways ..*shrugs*

I believe you that the game crashed on 20 people by the way
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Although i was just a helper i experienced that issue.
    In my opinion, which may not be the most reliable on this topic, but I don't think driver problems for 1 player will cause an instance crash that will result in 15 or more other players being redirected from the same instance.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! For crashes/lag it helps us investigate if we know date and time, instance, and map coordinates if possible. A bit trickier to obtain but also incredibly helpful is if there were any powers used that seem to coincide with crashes. This info allows us to narrow our focus since there can be a variety of reasons associated with crashes.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    updating drivers are not necessarily suggested to fix problems in that area but may serve to prevent other tickets or problems in from occurring in other areas. what is hard to understand about that ..

why would a player not want stability in as many areas as possible (that are currently preventable )by updating their drivers ) I dont get it

no one said a driver problem from one player would cause a crash in a whole area ..
  • Options
    fwiw my drivers are always up to date, I run a NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 simultaneously using GeForce Experience and it updates the drivers every few weeks. As soon as it lets me know I have a new driver available I install it.
  • Options
    kalina311 said:

regardless ... how out of date/ behind are your drivers months ... years ? maybe update them so support can rule that out as a probable cause right away and escalate the ticket

logic 101..
    if your drivers were actually up to date support cant then BS you or supply that as the reason or probable cause for your issue ..

just out of curiosity why would you not want to be running that latest drivers for your video card / etc .that would help with all your games performance / stability not just never winter

They are updated. I didn't know they were not. No issues at all. It's not something I fret about. I really could care less. This is the only game I play. 30 people could not have outdated drivers. And 30 people (or however many is max) all got dumped. My drivers alone did not do that. If someone wants to give me a lure, we will prove it over again. Please don't ask me to provide it, I have lost more than this one and played through major lag the last time, same drivers, but no server crash. I refuse to go back to avernus until I know for a fact it is fixed. If I did, it would be a waste of time and resources. It would be nice if you investigated the issue rather than my pc. Thanks in advance for your diligent work.
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The Nightspine is notably laggy when the hunters are numerous. A group of 5-8 players won't have such an issue, but if there are over 10 players fighting against the hunt, everyone will certainly experienced lag/freeze (and personnal crash, though it's the first time I heard about the instance itself going down because of T3), and the more people, the more massive lag/freeze will be. It usually happens when the green bubbles explode or when the "umbrella of spines" is showered and when too much players get caught in.
    I suppose lag and freeze (server not responding red message) are because the server is struggling with simultaneous damage calculations+dot calculations+relative infos to be sent to clients on >10players and about >10players and >10comps.

I bet you can reproduce the problem (in a lesser extent because no green bubbles) bringing in 15 players against Azarzel (I probably made some typos there xD) in the elite part of Stygia.

And I guess this is more or less the same problem and the reason why they downgraded Tiamat from a 25p trial to a 10p trial.
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    We did 5x T3 Avernus Hunt on Saturday, only one of those hunt at ~10% HP on Boss, everyone (12 of us confirmed) was frozen/SNR for approximately 30s+.
  • Options
    II must say I did answe
    kalina311 said:

dont you get it support will always blame drivers if they are not up to date(even tho that may not be the reason ) and will not escalate .they want to close the ticket

you did not answer my question as to why you would not want to be running the latest drivers anyways ..*shrugs*

I believe you that the game crashed on 20 people by the way

I did answer your question about drivers. Apparently you missed the post. It comes down to this. If my PC is giving me issues, I will investigate why. But as I stated, there were NO issues and everything was smooth. No cause for concern. Out of respect for the game, I updated them per the request from support. No changes were noted after the update. It is as smooth as is was before they were updated. As for date/time/instance, I refer you back to my original ticket. I placed it very soon after the crash. I will remind you that it is instance 1. Based on all the comments here, it is NOT my drivers, so let's leave that alone. Let's focus on the real root cause of the problem and get it resolved. It happens to a lot of people. Perhaps not to the extent of crashing the server, but I imagine it will happen again. If you cannot find the ticket for date and time, I will certainly pick up the slack and sort through my messages. I just figured you would be able to do so much quicker. One way to validate this is get yourself a group of 12-15 people, throw down your lure without using the cheat and let it show you.
  • Options
    kcimz00#3464 kcimz00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The Lag issue is caused by the number of people in 1 area ... combined with the poison explosions. Its typically the exploding poison effect that will lag everyone out. Remove the exploding poision and most if not all of the lag will disappear.
  • Options

The Lag issue is caused by the number of people in 1 area ... combined with the poison explosions. Its typically the exploding poison effect that will lag everyone out. Remove the exploding poision and most if not all of the lag will disappear.

We had the same lag when there were much fewer on the map than this. In my experience, the number of people doesn't really matter, the green blob lag was still present.
  • Options
    reboot#2154 reboot Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Hello! For crashes/lag it helps us investigate if we know date and time, instance, and map coordinates if possible. A bit trickier to obtain but also incredibly helpful is if there were any powers used that seem to coincide with crashes. This info allows us to narrow our focus since there can be a variety of reasons associated with crashes.

Hello,

this bug is in the game since the T3 started, there is something wrong with the T3 Boss script, everytime it create massive lag in the whole instance, so:

1) there is no problem with the player drivers, since everyone, even those on the other side of the map experience the same issue.

2) you do not need datetime to investigate this, just summon the boss and as soon as it spawn the green blob lag will come. Me and half my guild opened i think 20 tickets about this with all the required details, datetime and even videos of the bug occurring, just go in the closed tickets and check it.

3) the solution is really easy, it's old content that never even worked, just remove most mechanics from the boss script, the hard part is farming all the components anyway
  • Options

Check out the original ticket I submitted. It was done directly after the crash and will give the date and time you are looking for. T3, 15 people, I imagine there were LOTS of powers used. It was the green blobs that Nightspine throws down that caused us issues.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    dani#6705 said:

Check out the original ticket I submitted. It was done directly after the crash and will give the date and time you are looking for. T3, 15 people, I imagine there were LOTS of powers used. It was the green blobs that Nightspine throws down that caused us issues.
    Unfortunately I do not have access to the ticketing system - that is handled by CS (which is under our publisher so no crossover system). If you give me the ticket ID I can check in with them, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Original Ticket submitted 11/2/21 15:55, all replies included. Please fix this, I am totally bored not going to Avernus.

Arc Games Support
    Nov 2, 2021, 3:55 PM
    to me

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Hello dani#6705,

Your request (629393) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email or login to the support site and update it there.

dani#6705

Nov 2, 2021, 15:55 PDT

We had 10-13 people for a T3, The second he started dropping the green blobs, it started seriously lagging. We had gotten him down to almost dead, wasting scrolls and potions and health stones when the entire server crashed. I lost every bit I put into that T3, AGAIN. All loot, scrolls, health stone charges. This is the SECOND time this has happened and you didn't do ANYTHING for the first. I am beyond mad at you guys for blowing this off. DO NOT blow it off again. That would be poor business practices.

Attachment(s)
    chatLog.csv
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/screenshots/tempss.jpg
    pets.csv
    This email is a service from Arc Games. Delivered by Zendesk
    [0MLV99-3OK0]

Dani
    Nov 2, 2021, 9:30 PM
    to Arc

This was on map1. Late afternoon. Right before I sent this.

Arc Games Support
    Nov 3, 2021, 12:57 PM
    to me

Hello dani#6705,

Your request (629393) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or login to the support site and update it there.

Mavis (Arc Games)

Nov 3, 2021, 12:57 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We appreciate that you contacted us again about this matter. Apparently, this appears to be a duplicate of one of your tickets, which is #620865.

Please refer to that ticket for updates. As much as possible, avoid sending us multiple tickets regarding the same issue for this only increases the delay in receiving a response from us. You can check our support site so you can manage and respond to your tickets. https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/requests

This ticket will now be removed from our system and no response from you is necessary. Your primary ticket regarding this issue will be unaffected.

Thank you for your patience and understanding! Have a good day.
    Regards,
    GM Mavis
    Game Master

dani#6705

Nov 2, 2021, 21:31 PDT

dani#6705

We had 10-13 people for a T3, The second he started dropping the green HAMSTER, it started seriously lagging. We had gotten him down to almost dead, wasting scrolls and potions and health stones when the entire server crashed. I lost every bit I put into that T3, AGAIN. All loot, scrolls, health stone charges. This is the SECOND time this has happened and you didn't do ANYTHING for the first. I am beyond mad at you guys for blowing this off. DO NOT blow it off again. That would be poor business practices.

Attachment(s)
    chatLog.csv
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/screenshots/tempss.jpg
    pets.csv

Dani
    Nov 3, 2021, 1:03 PM
    to Arc

This ticket had an entirely different outcome than the other so it is not the same. This issue caused the ENTIRE server #1 to crash and me to lose all drops, and lure.. It is not the same as any other ticket I have submitted. Please process this as a new ticket, which it is.

Arc Games Support
    Nov 4, 2021, 4:03 PM
    to me

Hello dani#6705,

Your request (629393) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or login to the support site and update it there.

Iora (Arc Games)

Nov 4, 2021, 16:02 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

As much as I'd love to, we cannot replace lures, potions, scrolls, and health stones that were lost due to this incident because these are consumable items. However, we'd be investigating the crashing issues you reported to see how it can be prevented.

It would be helpful to us if you could tell us some of your computer's information so that we can attempt to diagnose the issue.

Please submit a DxDiag log by following the steps below:

1) Press the Windows "Start" button and type: dxdiag
    2) The application should appear in the menu, click and open it.
    3) Click the "Save All Information" button at the bottom of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window and take note where you are saving the file to.
    4) Attach this text file in your reply to us.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate your issue. I'll wait for your response.
    Regards,
    GM Iora
    Game Master

dani#6705

Nov 3, 2021, 13:04 PDT

This ticket had an entirely different outcome than the other so it is not the same. This issue caused the ENTIRE server #1 to crash and me to lose all drops, and lure.. It is not the same as any other ticket I have submitted. Please process this as a new ticket, which it is.

Mavis (Arc Games)

Nov 3, 2021, 12:57 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We appreciate that you contacted us again about this matter. Apparently, this appears to be a duplicate of one of your tickets, which is #620865.

Please refer to that ticket for updates. As much as possible, avoid sending us multiple tickets regarding the same issue for this only increases the delay in receiving a response from us. You can check our support site so you can manage and respond to your tickets. https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/requests

This ticket will now be removed from our system and no response from you is necessary. Your primary ticket regarding this issue will be unaffected.

Thank you for your patience and understanding! Have a good day.
    Regards,
    GM Mavis
    Game Master

dani#6705

Nov 2, 2021, 21:31 PDT

dani#6705

We had 10-13 people for a T3, The second he started dropping the green HAMSTER, it started seriously lagging. We had gotten him down to almost dead, wasting scrolls and potions and health stones when the entire server crashed. I lost every bit I put into that T3, AGAIN. All loot, scrolls, health stone charges. This is the SECOND time this has happened and you didn't do ANYTHING for the first. I am beyond mad at you guys for blowing this off. DO NOT blow it off again. That would be poor business practices.

Attachment(s)
    chatLog.csv
    pets.csv

Dani
    Attachments
    Nov 4, 2021, 6:31 PM
    to Arc

I am a bit disgruntled at your lack of concern over the "consumables" that I lost. I am not some punk kid playing your game. I am a senior with a limited income. It's not like these things were free. I spend a pretty penny on this game every month and I buy stuff when I want it. Your inability to replace items that YOUR GAME caused me to lose when it crashed is unacceptable to me. I will guess you will do nothing again but know this, I certainly am going to stop suggesting this game to friends. Do whatever you are going to do or not do. I am done. Your file is attached. Don't even consider that it is my PC's fault. Please do tell me the outcome and why your server crashed in the first place.

Attachments area

Arc Games Support
    Nov 5, 2021, 5:11 PM
    to me

Hello dani#6705,

Iora (Arc Games)

Nov 5, 2021, 17:11 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I regret that we're really unable to replace consumable items. I appreciate the DxDiag file you submitted though. Just to clarify, we're not blaming this on your computer. Looking at your DXDiag, I can see that your graphics drivers are out of date. Please update your drivers, and then attempt to log back into the game to see if the issue still occurs. Doing so will optimize the game and help alleviate crashing issues.

If your drivers are up to date and the issue still occurs, let me know and I will further investigate the issue.

You can download the latest drivers directly from Nvidia here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

While installing the drivers, make sure to use the option for a clean install. This will remove the prior drivers completely which can cause conflicts. If that does not work, please try uninstalling then reinstalling the game, and see if that helps with this issue.

If you and all the other members of your group get disconnected all at once, that'll be a different scenario. If that's the case, let me know so we can investigate further.

I'll wait for your response.
    Regards,
    GM Iora
    Game Master

dani#6705

Nov 4, 2021, 18:31 PDT

I am a bit disgruntled at your lack of concern over the "consumables" that I lost. I am not some punk kid playing your game. I am a senior with a limited income. It's not like these things were free. I spend a pretty penny on this game every month and I buy stuff when I want it. Your inability to replace items that YOUR GAME caused me to lose when it crashed is unacceptable to me. I will guess you will do nothing again but know this, I certainly am going to stop suggesting this game to friends. Do whatever you are going to do or not do. I am done. Your file is attached. Don't even consider that it is my PC's fault. Please do tell me the outcome and why your server crashed in the first place.

Attachment(s)
    DxDiag.txt

Arc Games Support
    Nov 9, 2021, 5:02 PM
    to me

Hello dani#6705,

This is an email to remind you that we may have requested additional information on your ticket (629393). Please double check that you have provided all of the necessary information so that we can process your ticket.

If no response is received within 72 hours, this ticket will be closed automatically.

Dani
    Nov 9, 2021, 11:19 PM
    to Arc

Hi. Good to converse with you. This was a case of the entire server #1 going down taking a full server of people with it. When we logged back in we were not on 1. 1 didn't show in the list the rest of that day. All of us go boom. Ty for the driver info. Oh just so you know if you want me to text it I would love to but it must be your lure. :) Thanks for taking the time.

Arc Games Support
    Nov 10, 2021, 8:14 AM
    to me

Hello dani#6705,

Mavis (Arc Games)

Nov 10, 2021, 8:14 PST

Hello,

Thanks for the reply on this.

We apologize for the delay. The suggestions that were provided in our previous response should help in case another crash issue happens again in the future. We'll make sure to take note of the incident that you're reporting regarding the map instance.

You are free to submit a bug report through our forums where the developers are active if you have time. We take importance on player-submitted reports. The development team might not reply to your discussion, but i assure you that they read everything. Here's the link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/bug-reports-pc

If you encounter other incidents related to map instances crashing but not similar to what you already reported, kindly add it here. Any additional information you provide will be helpful for our report in the future. Stay safe.
    Regards,
    GM Mavis
    Game Master

dani#6705

Nov 9, 2021, 23:19 PST

Hi. Good to converse with you. This was a case of the entire server #1 going down taking a full server of people with it. When we logged back in we were not on 1. 1 didn't show in the list the rest of that day. All of us go boom. Ty for the driver info. Oh just so you know if you want me to text it I would love to but it must be your lure. :) Thanks for taking the time.
  • Options
    How frustrating. "If it happens again let us know".
  • Options
    Thanks @dani#6705! I'll follow up internally with a couple different departments.
  • Options

Thanks @dani#6705! I'll follow up internally with a couple different departments.

Please follow up with me as well and don't leave me hanging. I keep getting invited to Avernus hunts and I have to turn them down because this is not fixed. Thanks and have a merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Probably you'll have to tag Julia in a week or two to get any info back.
  • Options

Any word yet? Merry Christmas.