test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unbinding Storyteller Journals

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
Seems that when you unbind a journal with pages the pages are left behind with the player and not passed with the book. Maybe this is WAI but if that's the case please make pages available all the time, or more frequently from the bazaar.

Comments

• modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    +1 to this, i am waiting 6 month with my GF to take these artifacts.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll pass this on for additional info and feedback.
  • khelben#8144 khelben Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I can confirm this has happened to me as well. I have screen shots to confirm, and customer support has indicated this to be a bug as well Ticket #638092. Short version, unbound 3 journals, all with pages, from an alt. Traded to another alt. No pages in any. Traded back and forth repeatedly to test.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Just curious on the feedback from the team on this one. Is it a bug that the pages don't follow, or WAI? And if WAI when can we expect pages to become available in the bazaar again?
  • ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    From my understanding from the past, those pages weren't stuck to the book per say. It was your character that "learnt them". But i could also be completely wrong.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    reg1981 said:

@nitocris83 Just curious on the feedback from the team on this one. Is it a bug that the pages don't follow, or WAI? And if WAI when can we expect pages to become available in the bazaar again?

It is WAI - the pages are not part of the artifact itself so they don't transfer along with it. The feedback to make pages available more frequently was also passed on along with original request for clarification.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2021

reg1981 said:

It is WAI - the pages are not part of the artifact itself so they don't transfer along with it. The feedback to make pages available more frequently was also passed on along with original request for clarification.

not part of the artifact? that makes no sense.. we spent good AD getting those pages.. just to be shafted? why can't we remove them and sell them if they're not part of it?

This is like them saying unbinding an item will take a Refined item back to the original value. But that isn't the case.. The really need to rethink what they classify 'part' of the artifact is. if you put it into the artifact and can't remove it.. it's part of the artifact.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It's a long time ago and it's fuzzy in my head now so forgive me, but when these artifacts came out it was in the Tales of
    Old event. You got the artifacts then paid extra to get the add-ons which were the pages. Pages were never part of the original artifacts, they were add-ons to enhance them which was up to you if you got them or not and how many. To get them you had to grind the event and it was on a difficulty on par with Reaper now as I remember. This meant people often were unable to get all the pages they wanted because they could not complete the content needed to get the currency to do it all but that was the way it was set-up. Only a few people were able to get all the pages they wanted to collect and many people ended-up with less due to time restrictions on the event. It wasn't until much later they re-released the items not connected to the event. What is going on with the un-binding now is probably connected to how they were originally set-up.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

reg1981 said:

Kind of what I expected. Ok, thanks for getting back to us! Will eagerly await pages in the Bazaar.
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    pages not part of the artifact? you put the page's in the artifact lmfao , man these guys cant do anything right, or even make sense half of the time , like really there is no reason for the pages not stay on the artifact, when you put the pages in the artifact. this game is just getting worst with the designs, there is just no reason for the pages not to come with the artifact.