test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote to abandon instance should not kick out people who did not vote "Yes".

shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
In the last 2 days I had RADQ groups abandon TIC, once on the 2nd boss and twice on the 3rd, including a 90 mins crawl. Needless to say, this is very frustrating.

You can already grief someone by vote-kicking them, but people aren't starting vote-abandon out of spite. They just want to leave, see appropriate button and press it without thinking twice.

This issue has been brought up multiple times already, including 2 years ago.

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I kind of agree with this. Those who want to keep the progress they have already made and not see that effort and time wasted should really have the ability to stay and continue by looking for reinforcements. I have been in quite a few instances of harder content where it looked completely hopeless with multiple wipes and all but two of us left but after that we got lucky and had some more people turn-up who had the necessary stats and knowledge of the mechanics and we completed it with no issues. If you want to spend further time staying there and trying to salvage the run it should really be your choice no matter how long you spend on it. You should have 2 options when an abandon vote pops-up. One is to agree and accept it in which case you see the shutting-down notice (but it doesn't actually shut-down, only kicks those out who abandon with no penalty) and looks to those who choose to abandon that it has shut down totally and they all leave, the other is to decline it in which case they all go but you stay and you then have the ability to request reinforcements. In a digital world anything is possible and anything can be coded. To prevent people who have already voted to abandon that instance being returned to the same instance when reinforcements are requested, I assume each instance of any run has it's own unique ID, so all that needs to happen is that those who have voted to abandon have some kind of temporary tag placed on their account or character which ignores that instance when they re-queue to try for a new one so they don't end-up going back in there again. Once the instance has shut down completely and no-one is in it at all, that marker/tag can be automatically deleted from all previous participants.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    This is working properly as the instance is abandoned on a majority vote. What the OP is describing can easily be implemented by simply allowing people leave after 15 minutes and not give them the penalty. Since we don't have that, it probably means the devs don't want it for some reason.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Under any circumstances at all, it should still be possible for even one person to elect to stay and keep trying if they choose to so they haven't wasted all their time and effort as a personal choice. That's what they're saying and that's what I agree with. Who cares what the devs want, we're sick to the back teeth of it, it only matters what those who play the game want.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I don't have a problem with 'no' voters staying in a failing run - there's no downside to anyone else.

It should allow them & any joiners to exit individually without penalty afterwards though.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Is there any hope for this being changed?

Got another hour-long TIC abandoned by people who failed to do the mechanics.