test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Artisan Packs causing client crash

justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
After today's patch each character got a profession assistance pack which is great. So far on every character, and twice on some, when I open the first adventurer or artisan it open an item reward window, freezes and crashes. I then restart the client from the crash report, (there should be a few of those), the next 2 open the adventurer profile. Same has happened to the artisan pack. Open the first one, reward notification window, crash, restart client. It's too fast to get a screen shot.

Comments

• ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Can confirm. Opened pack, opened a "Professions Artisan Recruitment", client crashed. When I restarted and logged back in, the "Professions Artisan Recruitment" was used but I received no artisan. The pack is confusing. This is obviously not meant to be a generious freebie for everyone which is exctly what it comes across as and is exactly what people are taking it for.

The tool tips may as well be gibberish;
    "Use to receive a common application from an artisan/adventurer from your starting profession.
    You must have chosen a starting profession in order to receive the artisan/adventurer in this pack"

If this is taken literally then, as long as you have "chosen a starting profession" then you should receive the artisan/adventurer. Now, either it's badly bugged/doesn't work at all or it's not intended as it's stated. This was meant to be a fix for players "stuck" on "running a workshop", yet it's been dished out to every player for every alt. If this just worked, it would be great, if that was intended? The fact the pack comes with professions experience booster pack and a materials pack, with no indication that it's intedned for only those impacted or with limitations as per the artisan/adventuer pack, would suggest it's taken as a freebie for all.

I'm curious asto what, if any, safety margins were considered for those with full application slots, I'm guessing, as it stands, it (after crashing) will consume, not issue artisan/adventuer and leave you empty handed.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Same, just tryed to open today and cause a crash. Great programming. "3c24a1" was the code that popped up for the crash.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    So, I decided to try again on a different character, in the same position workshop wise as the previous one that immediately crashed and it almost worked.

I managed to open every item and receive them without crashing until the last adventurer, which crashed the client (Incident ID: 3c261b). The odd thing was, is that I opened the last adventurer after opening the material packages, which opens a small loot list window, because I opened the last adventurer immediately after, it also opened the adventurer in a loot list window (unlike the other 3+2 artisan/adventurers, which I opeend first and just opened as an accept/decline workshop window).

Reason I opened it last is I wanted to verify I had space for the recruit first, which I did. The good news is this adventurer was still received after rebooting the client, unlike the previous.

Edit: So, in this case I'm assuming the crash was caused by overlapping the opening of an adventurer/artisan with the materials package opening causing it to bypass the accept/decline window.

Edit: Attempted another alt, in same position, and it crashed on the first artisan opening (indicent id: 3c272d)

So yeh... rng gets everywhere I guess

Post edited by ukspawn on
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Same thing for me.

If I open the other parts of the pack first, then do something else, then come back to open the artisan choice packs, it happens less. But if I open the pack, and the first thing I open is the Adventurer artisan choice pack, it crashes every single time.

And it's always the first opening only of the pack that causes the crash. Has not happened on any following opening of the packs.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I opened everything on one character without crashing. Second character crashed when I opened an Adventurer scroll. I don't use anything but the NW client (no Steam, ARC or whatever). The adventurer popped up as Braunt Lowport then the game crashed. I restarted the game and found that I had the new adventurer still. Didn't open any more scrolls.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue has already been escalated - we are investigating and may reach out to impacted players to determine the specific conditions since it is not a uniform experience for all. Thank you for all the details provided so far.
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

Issue has already been escalated - we are investigating and may reach out to impacted players to determine the specific conditions since it is not a uniform experience for all. Thank you for all the details provided so far.

I'm glad this part of professions is being looked into but we still haven't heard anything about the Sharandar Ruins Map bug beign worked on or what's the time line or what's going on with Master Craft VI and VII. We feel abandoned and ghosted by the dev team on these thigns @nitocris83