test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lover fan - Irene's feedback 001

irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Hi developers,

I started the game for a month+ and fell deeply in love with it. Currently at 50,000 gear score.
The innovative stats building system, the adventure story mode that allowed friends to journey with ease, the beautiful characters and customize gear colors. Many areas have surpassed WoW and other mmorpg. The game is a gem that deserve millions of players!

[Proposal]

Graphical
- Hunt Lure : Show amount of stars on item icon.
- Sort the text Offense / Defense / Utility neatly on enchantment stones.
- More info on what are the "other" contributions - e.g. a tooltip showing Artifact +2% power | Companion +3%.
- Equipment tooltip with body part label text (e.g. Chest / Neck / Belt / Feet)
- Sort the many currencies by category with campaign names
- Better UI to replace quest text. Instead of a full text "0/8 quest item obtained", show [Item icon] [Progress Bar 0/8] (quest item name)
- Quest indicator skins : Bubble (default) - Black lines / arrow / etc.
- Companion icon : Replace current weird looking hand icon hybrid (the hand gets a lot of attention), use only the paws icon.
- Party members Quest indicator - If the items are not shared, a small window to display number of items the other party members have collected instead of having to ask them multiple times. "You done? you collected 8?" ^ ^)
- Character stats : Display Damage and Healing output below total gear score (e.g. Damage = 12742 to 22467)
- Multiple loading screen images put on shuffle for each run.

Dungeons
- Stay in friend's team while leaving a dungeon prematurely - Currently, if users quit and we abandon a dungeon, the party is dismissed.
- Reset boss room (traps and fire, etc) after a wipe.
- Skipping cutscene - reduce ESC hold from 2 seconds to 1. Allow option in settings to auto skip cutscene if it has been played over 20 times.

Quality of Life
- Auto switch between mount speed boon / walking speed boon, or allowing a key bind to switch it in settings.
- Release key press when program has off focus - Currently, after pressing shift + tab in steam to use an overlay, the cleric cast channel divinity endlessly.
- Button to delete all read mails.
- Bag rename : Allow the player to customize their bag names and create category, e.g. Food / Trades / alt Gears
- Multi seat mounts
- Currently, the startup screen takes longer to load than Win10. Perhaps it is loading character creation and preview.
Allow option for player to pick character from just text and without preview (faster loading time).

Map
- New sharandar - Remove the giant rocks that blocks the path between quest giver and zone wraps

Class
- Buff wizard magnitude slightly by 2%. Currently, Rogue and Ranger is a preferred DPS class as they do more damage.
- Allow Cleric to heal on dummy to test healing output.

Bugs
- Insurgency : Sometimes there are no rewards after closing the portal.
- quest "the frog elf" on new sharandar chapter 3, require rescue of 3 elf twice.

Comments

• euphora#6420 euphora Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I agree with those suggestions and I hope Cryptic take notice. While this game does better than other MMORPGs in many areas, there is always more room for improvement. Some things in this game don't make much sense to new players.

For example, the bonus from "other contributions". The description is too vague. On top of that, when we change paragon paths, other contributions to power change drastically and can be very confusing. There is no explanation which paragon paths grant power and how much. If we look at the tooltips of our ratings and see where exactly do we get contributions from, just like OP explained, we will know what to change in order to build our stats the way we want.

Having a window that displays how many quest items each party member has would also be very useful. When we open our quest log, we can see the names of party members who have the same quests. It would be nice if we can see not only their names there, but also their progress in those quests. Even better if that information is displayed on the right side of the screen as well. The multi-seat mount is also a very sweet idea.

There is another thing I'd like to add. Some of the old campaigns require too much grind to unlock a boon. What I want to suggest is to reduce the requirements of those boons. I understand that campaigns are meant to keep people playing for months but those are just legacy campaigns and can frustrate people who try to earn boons. Such campaigns that come in mind are Storm King's Thunder and Jungles of Chult. We need to spend weeks just to unlock one boon, while other campaigns like Dread Ring and Icewind Dale give an easier access to boons from start.
    Post edited by euphora#6420 on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Some of the things you're asking for already exists. The party that queues together stays together.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback @irene#2829! Appreciate the breakdown in categories too :)
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Most of the suggestions are real good. I especially like the "bag rename" and class suggestions.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Legendary Carpet of Flying has 2 seats.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I like the auto switching between mount and self movement boons - I'm currently having to do it manually. I'm on console so obviously would prefer a non-macro solution!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox