test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons campaign completion token

anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
I have purchased a Tyranny of Dragons campaign completion token from the Auction House. I have activated it on the character that made the purchase (Oraya@anna#4890) and it has unlocked every campaign task BUT the very first 3 boxes.

The currency required for the first task cannot be purchased with treasure bags/ gifts in the campaign store, and on a character (Oriya@anna#4890) that has previously completed the campaign to 100% the first task has reverted to incomplete. I hope I do not have to explain why having neither the time NOR the money I spent on this game mean anything is beyond grating.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Completion tokens still require you to do the intro quests for the campaigns.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I've done them
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The first issue (3 boxed not being completed after the buyout) appears to be a bug and has been escalated.

Second part is intended - this new campaign step must be completed to get back to 100% completion.

Second part is intended - this new campaign step must be completed to get back to 100% completion.

Ouffff I feared that! Thanks for confirming - it would be good to be able to get the currency for it with genie's gifts though.

• melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    The change to mod 21 removed all progress for the first box and you have to redo it on all toons where you want them to continue making those other two keys there.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    The first box needs 10 dragon fangs. If the toon used signet of patronage, it needs 5 fangs. Assuming you have 0 fangs, if you do the weekly AD run, it gives you 9 fangs. Do one extra quest gives you the 10th. I have just done that within 10 minutes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Eh the point is more that I've done it once, and don't particularly want to do it again. It's old content, and not particularly riveting stuff at that. Also the whole 'do our campaign just so we can make you do it again later for no reason' doesn't sit right with me in principle!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I always have a bunch of spare campaign currencies from all over the place, I just clicked the box to complete it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Ah see I min maxed the hell out of gathering currencies for the campaigns I was not particularly fond of, just so I could minimise the amount of tediousness. Hence why it stings a bit to be told 'lol jk you gotta walk Merissandra's dog again' XD
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Oh god I hate that fetch quest - I've refused to do it since a few weeks after the Well of Dragons was initially released.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

Glad to find this thread, I had commented on another thread related to this! Why is this intended?

The release of mod21 was not meant to take from characters from what I understood. For me, needing to redo this quest on 15 characters is more than a pain. It's 150 Fangs needed with a loss of 75 tiamat keys. Why not offer a pack of 10 fangs per character in the reclaims agent to cover this bug? Or even better, fix it so if it was completed pre 21, it's completed post 21.

It's not something that has been added to the campaign, it's not a new quest, it's not new content. It's something we've completed previously.
    @nitocris83 any word on the purchased campaign completion token actually completing the campaign?