test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hole in the ground in Protector's Enclave

chisca17chisca17 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Pretty much as the title says, there is a hole in the ground right in front of the bank, behind the mounts showcase area. https://imgur.com/IaeFBNc
https://imgur.com/pg4CJ1e

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I wonder how they managed that one.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Encouraging players to explore other parts of PE :D
    - bye bye -
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That'll be by the graphics dept. responsible for the new video - lol
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yup, it's definitely a hole. You can see the bottom of some of the props through it (bottom of the column where the mount merchant is, some ivy which goes up the wall on the Emporium and some other things). Normally in a very basic build there are two surfaces which form flat ground, one flat plane has the texture on it (or can be a few mashed together) and another one is invisible and is the collidable surface which is only there to serve as a means to stop you falling and holds you in place. You can stand right on this without falling through it so the collidable is ok, but the three sides of the triangle could be the edges of three separate planes with textures on them where they meet, it looks maybe like one of the planes could have been moved by accident and it was previously covering the space.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Lord Neverember really needs to pull some funds for infrastructure

(The team is aware of these graphic issues and is working on it)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    Well, this spot really needs a patch to cover it. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    an illuminati conspiracy plot ^^
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I noticed this tonight, looks like several of the UVs are messed up in that area. The faces contain grass textures cut into the cobblestones. They don't seem to have the proper transition from grass to stone on a few tris near this "hole". I have seen this happen when the normals get out of alignment and the UV is flipped the wrong direction.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Actually i saw that "hole" since weeks but i always thought it's a puddle and my low graphics settings making it looks like a triangle.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    It is not a hole. It is a mirror for lewd purpose.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***