test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Returning player can't get companions on her list to register

inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
I have a returning player with a companion list with about 30 companions many Legendary, trying to make selections for offense, defense, utility and companion enhancement. but she isn't getting any selections. She livestreamed her problem to me she had several offensive type companions but it only had one selection, same for defense and utility and she only had 2 choices for companion enhancement, she should have hade a large list to chose from, I checked them against the ones I had on my toon and she definitely had a bug going on, she is recently retuning and is now thinking of leaving again until you get things fixed, I really wish she was having a better experience I'd hate to lose her again.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello - unfortunately for privacy reasons we can't assist with account specific issues unless the account owner contacts us. They can submit a ticket to support.

Could you linking the stream if the VOD is available?
  • Options
    ok thankyou i will let her know
  • Options
    My guild member contacted me yesterday to say she had put in a ticket and was told that things looked good on Cryptic's end so her problem was considered resolved. She was very upset her problem still exists and is in no way resolved, not only for her but her husband also who is also returning and is having the same issue(she is trying to help him with his account also, part of the reason she had to leave before is because he had received a brain injury and she needed to care for him) she told me that she was considering deleting her still useful companions; Alpha compy and Air archon because they couldn't be used for enhancement powers and Offence Defense and Utility powers, she was going to try and get new ones and rank them up (that's horrible) I told her before that she should try post the problem here in the forums but even when she's logged in to the forums, she isn't allowed to post anything. I remember that ages ago when I started posting in the old forums there were rules on what you had to do to be able to make a comment or post, if that is what is keeping her from posting could you please let us know where they are so she can use the forums to help fix her problem. Thank You
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Sometimes clicking "apply to all loadouts" fixes various bugs. Has she tried clicking that for companions, or maybe moving the choices she does have around to different positions and then clicking apply to all and then taking another look at the options to see if they appear. I do know that using apply to all loadouts in companions tab is a fix for a couple of issues people have had with loadouts not changing etc. Worth a try maybe.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    Thanks, its worth a try, I will let her know.
  • Options
    pendalf2008pendalf2008 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello @nitocris83 , I have same issue on Neverwinter-Ru server. I had not entered game for almost 3 years, and returned back week ago. I had found big amount of different changes, and now understending that only few of my companioins providing enhancement skills. My main charcter have 31 companion, and only those that I had added after returning back to the game - providing enhancement skills. I had tried to "apply to all loadouts", ran app with 'forced check' on launch - it does not helped. I contacted with russion support team - they passed me on the forum. Could you please help with this?
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Maybe it's a silly question, but what do you mean by "enhancement skill"? Is it means upgrade or the player bonus (equip power)?
  • Options
    pendalf2008pendalf2008 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Maybe it's a silly question, but what do you mean by "enhancement skill"? Is it means upgrade or the player bonus (equip power)?

Under "enhancement skill" I mean this https://imgur.com/a/OM9hg5R (sorry for some reson I am not able to insert image directly)