test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recruitment Event Fixed?

2»

Comments

• oldschooldndplyroldschooldndplyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    To everyone out there who is missing properly earned Neverember Incentives due to Cryptics error, I highly encourage you to post here and send in a ticket to make your voice heard. As others have said, unless we let them know this isn't acceptable and bring pressure to bear nothing will get done. You don't have to be rude, you don't have to scream and yell, but make your discontent be known.

Having said that, Cryptic please do the right thing. Don't be *that* company. The company that disregards players honest and rightful complaints. There is an acceptable, and appropriate fix here, let's work toward it.

Thank you.
  • inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    This happened to me last time. They didn't do anything for me at that time and I don't believe they will this time either. I lost maybe 5 levels of incentives on my bard, my husband the same.
    > @inugurl said:
    > This happened to me last time. They didn't do anything for me at that time and I don't believe they will this time either. I lost maybe 5 levels of incentives on my bard, my husband the same.

Happened to me too. But I believe in the saying: " If you don't say anything, the answer is always 'no'." So please say something.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The team is looking at compensating players for the missing incentives. We will update when additional info is available.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Happened to me on my new Bard. Completed leveling and only have 90. Haven't spent any while leveling.
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • moonlit#6733 moonlit Member Posts: 1 New User
    Also missing 10 tokens, worked really hard to level my character and save all incentives so i can buy the guard. PLEASE give the 10 incentives. Thank you!
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > The team is looking at compensating players for the missing incentives. We will update when additional info is available.

Very encouraging news. Thank you @nitocris83
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Also did not get the incentives for the first 9 levels only started getting them at lvl 10 after the hotfix.
    @justkickinit-ingame
  • sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I agree 100% with people, extending the event isn't what we need. We need the rewards we lost. That's more important to us than extending the event. We shouldn't be forced into deleting our new characters in order to take part properly in this event. We should get those points lost up to 100 on the characters that qualify.
    I'm 100% fine with just receiving the tokens I missed out on rather than a free 100. I have 64 on my Bard because I was higher level. My husband got lucky and got higher coins since he was lower level for the fix.

Now slightly off topic but same concept...
    The Saha balls, we aught to be receiving some free balls or summer fest should be extended. That's the difference between these two events:
    One is time lost, the other is rewards lost where time isn't the issue.

These fixes should be thought of by the Neverwinter team, not by the players. When something is broken that costs you guys money you shut down the servers within minutes to fix it. When something is broken that costs us money, Neverwinter takes weeks, months, and sometimes years to fix it... this pattern needs to stop. We should be valued higher than we are.
    We're the fuel that helps keep this train running.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I have one new character at level 11 with 0 Incentives and next box is level V (not opening it). I started another, who’s at level 8, and I’m not opening any boxes on that one until I’m sure this is fixed. I have no idea if the 11 got any invisible Incentives and if it would be a waste to start another new character (shouldn’t really have to, anyway).
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • somveraasomveraa Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1262121

Pertinent part of that for this thread is:

Neverember Incentives: All (PC) players will be granted 100 Incentives. Info for when this goes live will be provided when available.

Yay! This will work in my book.

These fixes should be thought of by the Neverwinter team, not by the players. When something is broken that costs you guys money you shut down the servers within minutes to fix it. When something is broken that costs us money, Neverwinter takes weeks, months, and sometimes years to fix it... this pattern needs to stop. We should be valued higher than we are.
    We're the fuel that helps keep this train running.

Preach it, loudly please, so they listen and don't end up selling this game off, or just shutting it down when the game starts to shed people who are annoyed at getting treated like.......not a valued customer, or completely ignored.

I spoke too soon possibly, this isn't in compensation......it's ..i dunno what it is...
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing this! I opened the pack with 86 currency on hand expecting it to cap at 100 but it didn't. Went up to 186. The fix exceeded my expectations! Thanks again!

And the reward I was chasing for my Bard heal loadout! I got it!

• nosgirl2#1433 nosgirl2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Perhaps the compensation of the 100 incentives worked for people that only made 1 toon in the early part of the event. I made 2 toons early and both don't get the full 100 points. Thus I do not get a full 'fix', and can only buy 1 thing at 100 incentives and not 2 (1 for each toon).

So for me this fix is only a half fix. I made 2 toons in this event especially for those 100 points each. It's becoming even more frustrating the longer this problem goes on.
  • nosgirl2#1433 nosgirl2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    salt to the wound, I can't buy the incentive bag but they put a 50% off give us money bag on sale in the zen store.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    And those who collected 200, with this "fix" got 300? Oh. You are just masters of fixing bugs (no).
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

And those who collected 200, with this "fix" got 300? Oh. You are just masters of fixing bugs (no).

The bug was fixed in day 2. This pack was compensation for a toon made on day 1 that was stuck below 100.
  • miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

The bug was fixed in day 2. This pack was compensation for a toon made on day 1 that was stuck below 100.
    As a result, such "compensation" helped those who did not need this compensation more. They were able to buy even 3 awards. Those who needed compensation were left with 2 awards. Simply, there are no words, cryptic. Awful.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    @nitocris83 , et al.

I do kinda share in the frustrations of the thread. And I've been round the issue a couple of times with CS, and honestly, I'm not interested in arguing with the front end folks anymore. They're doing what they're being told. I get that. But telling me 1) It's probably because I was playing other toons, and then 2) The fix is in place, there's nothing more that can be done - really avoids the issue. The fix doesn't "fix" anything for people who already capped level 20, and an extra day of the event doesn't really address that either.

Let's look at this analytically. My expectation at the end of the day was to have 100 incentives on my toon after I clicked the Glory bundle. I did not. I had 96. OK. Others are having the issue - send a ticket to CS. OK. See above results.

Yes, I am appreciative of the fact that you awarded 100 "free" incentives. But that was awarded to *everyone*, whether they were levelling a toon, or not. So, truthfully - it's a wash. You can't tell me my problem is resolved when a global award was made. I'm rolling up another toon to garner the additional 100 incentives that *everyone* is entitled to under the event.

But at the end of the day, the most I'll be able to garner from the event is 296. Others, even less. Others will garner a full 300. For me, it's not a super big deal - I'm just buying tokens to level comps/mounts. 4 tokens is trivial to *me*, at 100, 200, or 300. For other folks, who don't have the stable of comps and mounts that I do, it's a greater impact. Or maybe they really were looking forward to being able to squeeze out one more refinement item. And I can "fix" the issue myself by rolling up yet another toon, and capping the accounts 200 max. Tokens are account wide, I can drop them in the shared bank.

I really don't care if I see 4 more incentives. But for others, it's 14.. or 24.. or even more. And it becomes a bitter pill to swallow when you've got others crowing about how they got 200..300.. and well.. you didn't. And while my "fix" will work for me, it's not going to help the person who "needed" 100 on their primary toon to get a top chase item.

Just offering a respectful thought and insight.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Here's a thought - it's the simplest solution I can come up with that would require the least amount of dev hours to implement, short of writing something to go through and review and update every account that was active during the event, which would be a pretty heavy piece of code to drop on the server(s).

One would (could?) assume that there is logic already in the system to say, "Whoa! You're already at/had 100 on this character, and/or you've already capped the account max! No more incentives for you!"

Create a 2nd bundle that's good for (x) incentives - even 1 would work, and bound by the above logic - you couldn't claim it if you meet the above test, and/or you are not level 20. Or, skip the test for claim, and allow the system to make the "no more incentives for you" decision. Make the bundle available on the last day of the event. People who are short can claim/reclaim until they cap. Or just have it award a max of 100, single claim, and have the system logic responsible for drawing the "no more after this point" line. Not sure how your system is coded, so I'm kinda dev'ing in the dark, here.
    I really hope they don't consider everyone getting a free 100 as "the fix" ....cause it's not....you guys like your current jobs? Would you just move to another game if this one died off completely? Cause the people who work on Neverwinter seem to not give two HAMSTER about if it continues at all.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    somveraa said:

I really hope they don't consider everyone getting a free 100 as "the fix" ....cause it's not....you guys like your current jobs? Would you just move to another game if this one died off completely? Cause the people who work on Neverwinter seem to not give two HAMSTER about if it continues at all.

That would be the fix since we were only supposed to receive 200 total. Them granting everyone a free 100 on top of the 200 would satisfy the minimum 200 unfortunately.
    edited August 2021

somveraa said:

That would be the fix since we were only supposed to receive 200 total. Them granting everyone a free 100 on top of the 200 would satisfy the minimum 200 unfortunately.
    No, that's not how it works.

Lets think for a moment.

I tell you i'm doing to give you x, if you do y. You do x, but instead i give you w, less than x. To fix this mistake, I then give EVERYONE x, and go " we're cool, right?"

No..we're not cool..that's not how this works .
  • winkypoo#5486 winkypoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am also missing 8 incentives. They are missing from my bard which I created after the fix and leveled to 20 before the end of the event. Cannot get my bag. I am sad :(