test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Protector's Garden no longer lets you in. Again.

dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
Can you please send the locksmith back over soon?

I also checked the summer water battle items, that fix is not reversed.

Previous thread, that hopefully has your dev ticket connected to it somehow so you can easily find it: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261356/the-protectors-jubilee-garden-no-longer-lets-you-in

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Ditto one of my characters left the garden and is locked out... none of the rest of my characters are going anywhere until this problem is fixed. I'm not waiting till next year's celebration to earn another pass only to have my characters get locked out again! This blows!!!
    DD~
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    People were all moaning about it in PE, I'm also locked out again.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    And since this is a repeat bug that happened just a little over a month ago, can we please forego the usual "we'll look into it", "we've escalated this problem for correction", etc.?

Already we have to re-spec our characters with just about every new MOD and this has been an ongoing problem for years without resolution.

Please either fix the issue or rip the door off of the protector's garden to allow everyone access sans having to earn the 'garden pass'.
    DD~
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Ditto one of my characters left the garden and is locked out... none of the rest of my characters are going anywhere until this problem is fixed. I'm not waiting till next year's celebration to earn another pass only to have my characters get locked out again! This blows!!!

Don't worry about it, it happened just a few weeks ago and they fixed it in 2-3 patches. They won't make us get new passes, they will just have to re-apply the fix.

This is just something that sometimes happens with programming.

Imagine, instead of a complicated program, that you and a coworker are working on writing a document together. Covid hits and you both start working from home, but for some reason, you can't use google docs or similar, so you can't see each others changes. So you agree that you will both work on separate parts of the document. For example, you divide the remaining chapters between you. However, both of you also spend time revising the part of the document that you had already completed, so that it connects better to your chapters.

When you get your documents together, they have to be merged. That means adding your new chapters and their new chapters together, and for the original, previously existing parts that you both changed you have to decide who's changes to keep. You send the merged document to your boss for reviewing.

Now imagine another coworker who was also put on this document when you all had to start working from home. They also wrote some of their own unique chapters, but didn't touch your original work that you and coworker 1 had written before the pandemic. This coworker is taking a bit longer writing their chapters, so it is a few weeks after you had merged your work with coworker 1 and sent it to the boss, that their work is ready to be merged in with yours. The deadline is coming up soon, so you're in a bit of a hurry when you do this. You mistakenly think that they had also changed some things in the original part. So, you do your best trying to merge those chapters together.

Now, the result of this is that changes that were made by coworker 1 and you after you started working from home have now been accidentally undone, because you mistakenly merged older chapters back into the rewritten chapters.

This happens in big programming projects all the time. For sanity reasons, it is not possible to work in a google docs type of way, where everybodies changes are always visible to everyone. You work on separate versions of the program, just like in the situation I described, and sometimes something goes wrong when these separate versions are merged together - especially when the separate versions both make a lot of changes, like, say, a new class and a new levelling system.
    dillygirl said:

dionchi said:

Don't worry about it, it happened just a few weeks ago and they fixed it in 2-3 patches. They won't make us get new passes, they will just have to re-apply the fix.

-EDITED-
    Granted I wasn't paying close attention but DID they fix it or was it that the beginning of the Protector's Jubilee, when the garden is open to everyone, temporarily take care of the problem?

But I suppose you're right, for about 6 years with the release of a major modification something in the programming tends to get broken, players still have to respec every single one of their characters after a major modification. I just hope the protector's garden 'fix' works as intended.
    DD~
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    dionchi said:

dillygirl said:

dionchi said:

-EDITED-
    Granted I wasn't paying close attention but DID they fix it or was it that the beginning of the Protector's Jubilee, when the garden is open to everyone, temporarily take care of the problem?

But I suppose you're right, for about 6 years with the release of a major modification something in the programming tends to get broken, players still have to respec every single one of their characters after a major modification. I just hope the protector's garden 'fix' works as intended.
    It was fixed.
    edited July 2021
    @kronus#9296 Yea it was after a couple of tries, but then they broke it again with the mod21 rollout patch. Currently no-one can get in again.
    To be clear, this has not been fixed with the latest patch. If there is a patch tomorrow, I will check again. I think ppl will notice less now that Summer Festival has started; everyone tends to keep their toons at the Summer Festival Grounds now rather than their regular spot (which for some of us is the Garden).
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    The Lord Protector got tired of the homeless sleeping up there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    It looks like the locksmith has not had time to come by during todays maintenance and patch. Issue still ongoing.
    edited August 2021
    Any news on this @nitocris83 I just logged in before writing this, it's still busted.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Well, yeah. It's still the weekend.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was escalated previously but no status update as of this morning. I'll check during today's meeting.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    For quite a number of years my 8 chars ( now 9) have had access to the garden in PE , I think I have always presumed it was an acc wide unlock to get up there.. I am not sure this was ever made clear and I am pretty sure I did get the key on my first char (circa 2016) and that opened it for all. ATM none have access anymore.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021

For quite a number of years my 8 chars ( now 9) have had access to the garden in PE , I think I have always presumed it was an acc wide unlock to get up there.. I am not sure this was ever made clear and I am pretty sure I did get the key on my first char (circa 2016) and that opened it for all. ATM none have access anymore.

It was not supposed to be account wide. At least, not initially. I made many keys years ago for distributing to 'future' toons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Yeah, the keys are per toon. They are ridiculously expensive, too; you are only guaranteed 7 or 8 event currency when the event only runs a week, and they are 16 currency. I think they also used to drop from the drinks sharing thing but IDK if they still do.

This has been fixed, I have only checked on my main toon this time and I will check again after the next patch but it's very promising that you reviewed that this won't happen again in a later patch. Thank you!