test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon Bone Trident: Weapon is invisible when previewed or as a skin in Appearance Tab

taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited June 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
You can see the lightning enchantment outline of where the weapon would be. However, the weapon itself is invisible either when previewed from my inventory or when it is equipped as a weapon skin in the Appearance tab. I have screenshots that I can post, but I don't know how.

It is visible when the "Shift" key is held down, but the second you let go of the "Shift" key? It disappears again.

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    @taikaias#9396 to post a screenshot in the forum, you need to get your image(s) hosted to an online hoster, there are many free ones, I use https://postimages.org/ but you can use any one you want. Once you have uploaded your image to your hoster, you will need to find the direct link for it (often click 'share' and you'll find it, they usually have multiple links for the same image for different formats, for this forum you just need the 'direct link' and it will say it is the direct link.) Copy that link to your clipboard. Come to your post here, click the cursor in the post where you want the image to be and in the compose window in the top bar, 4th from the right, is a rectangle with a mountain and a sun in it. Click that and you will get a small dropdown entry box. Use Ctrl+V to paste the link you have saved to your clipboard into the box, hit Enter and your link will be automatically formatted correctly in the post. If you just enter the link directly into the post it will not show the image. Click 'preview' to check to see if it's working if you want to before posting.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Thanks! Done!

https://i.postimg.cc/X70JfNwf/dragon-bone-trident-v1.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/DwpnM7bY/dragon-bone-trident-v2.png

Both images have the Dragon Bone Trident equipped as an active Main Hand Weapon appearance item.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    @taikaias#9396 Nope images are not displaying only links. Did you use the drop down entry box as I explained?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Can confirm this one. Additionally, it becomes visible if you select the Combat stance instead of the idle stance in the bottom right of the preview menu.

There is a related bug with a cape that is visible in preview but not in appearance tab / appearance library. I thought I'd link the report but I can't find it right now, it should be the Frostwolf Pelt I mentioned in the new leveling experience feedback thread.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    confirm; also many of adventure seal gear is bugged too (transparent models) but there is no point in reporting it; tons of legacy items - bugged; Devs will remove 99% of them from the code anyway.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating!