test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondrous Doohickey

kyjle6akakyjle6aka Member Posts: 33 Arc User
When processing the item-A Wondrous Doohickey, it was indicated that it will only bind when used. But as soon as I processed it, it immediately became attached, I didn't even use it! I wanted to give it to my future new character. Why misinformed?! Untie the item-A Wondrous Doohickey, or link it to your account. (Once again, I didn't use the item, but it immediately became attached)

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    @nitocris83 it also has no visuals, is it supposed to? I wondered if it was going to look the same or have some new effect like a glow or something to distinguish it from the standard version, but I didn't expect it to be this different. You equip it and there is nothing floating around at all. Zilch. Sort of nice in a way, it's just one more power without showing it off, but I don't think it's probably supposed to have no visuals at all. It does work when triggered on an enemy, I tried it on a dummy, but it's not there otherwise. You can see it fly to the enemy briefly, that animation is there, but when you have it equipped there's nothing there. WAI or bug?

*edit* @nitocris83 ignore that my bad, I forgot it doesn't show up on fashion loadout which I mostly wear, I only put on my gear when I go somewhere cold and I just did that and there it is floating around. Sorry.
    Post edited by rockster#6227 on
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    There is a warning when you start to refine the regular doohickey that if you do refine it, the item will be bound.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    In the tooltip it says is BoE but as soon as checked AH and there was no legendary doohickey I supposed it was wrong.... as usually.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Here we go again! The refine screen clearly says Binds on Equip (Character). I made a 2nd Wonderous Doohickey to give another character on my account and now my ranger has 2 bound Wonderous Doohickey and I assure you I did not equip the 2nd one.

I am so tired of you wasting my time with these bugs/miscommunications. I don't have it in me to fight your lame support system that will apologize and say they can't do anything and that it is my job to chase down a develop on these forums.

The last 2 times I had to fight the system to get my Account Wide mount actually available account wide or the time to get the epic staff of flowers fixed after you erroneously made them bound with a patch.

I have a lot of time invested in this game and want it to continue and provide me with entertainment. However these negative experiences are piling up and at some point even the most loyal will give up.

regards,

one frustrated dwarf