test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extremely disappointed Throne of the Vampire Lord is not available in the Jubliee this year

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
@nitocris83 Ello. I wanna cry. I have just found out via the ingame calendar that the Throne of the Vampire Lord will not be available this Jubilee and I am extremely disappointed. I missed getting it a couple of years in a row via absence from the game during the Jubilee both years and was so looking forward to finally getting it, the thrones are all designed to make a grandiose statement by the way they're designed, but this was the only one which resembles a normal chair to sit on and is a bit more subtle and I wanted it so much. The blurb on the calendar says "Protector's Jubilee comes but once a year" which is so true and people wait all year for some things which are only available during this event. You can get the throne of the Lion (which was the original throne released and common as dirt) at any time, you can get as many as you like for peanuts on the AH all year round, but this throne is the one throne which you just can't get anywhere else but Protector's Jubilee, so I am asking please please please, could they either include this throne in the store (there is still time at this point to put it back in) or if it's a matter of restricted graphical tile space in the store, might they not remove the lion throne which is available all year anyway (currently going for a paltry 41,500AD I just checked, they're always cheap and always for sale) and replace it with the Vampire Lord throne which cannot be found anywhere else. Thrones of the Boo, frozen thrones, gamemaster thrones, they are all for sale all the time on the AH, but this one is as rare as hen's teeth and you just can't get it anywhere else but Jubilee. I'm totally gutted. It should definitely be in the list.

The rewards for the Jubilee, the birthday of this game and the most important event of the year, should be extra special, some of the thrones in the store list are not that special anymore, but this one gives the Jubilee store an extra measure of specialness and exclusivity, befitting the magnitude of this once-a-year event and the things which you can earn. And I will not be the only person who wanted to finally get this throne during this event, there will be quite a few others. Please put it back. Please. Pleeeease.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Could be that they will move it to the zen shop.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Could be that they will move it to the zen shop.

This is likely since it is the most popular throne out of all of them. For those unaware, your character sits in a relaxed pose swirling blood or red wine in a brandy snifter. These thrones don't offer you a buff or any other advantage, when it makes no sense for Cryptic to sell such an item, that is exactly what they do.

The other throne I own and like a lot is the Throne of the Gamemaster, where you sit between mocking gargoyles. Thrones are great for role-play and I am sad to hear they are not offering up the cream of the crop at the event. Will Snooks and I would sit in the Moonstone Mask and play cards with others for several hours.

By the way, not that I doubt your word @rockster#6227 , the calendar has been wrong countless times before. Let's just hope that it is another error.

Just killing time...
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    @blargskull I used the gamemaster one for a long time, I liked it a lot but it's not for me anymore, it's too large.

Anyway I certainly hope it's an error because it aint on the list.

They could drop the Protector's Garden Key. I never bought one and all my characters have full access after attending the event. I have no clue why anyone would buy one, when any character attending this gets in for no cost at all.

Out of the Thrones listed, I have low opinions of the Throne of Boo and Throne of the Redeemed, just my personal taste. Most of the Thrones listed predate the Throne of the Vampire Lord. It is not like they can tell us, they left it out because it is old and boring. :trollface:

Just killing time...
    edited May 2021
    @blargskull I don't like to question you, but that's not how the key is supposed to work. Are you bugged in a good way? People attending the event only get access to the garden while the event is on, afterwards it is closed for the rest of the year on that character unless they bought the key during the event. Or did they change it in the last couple of years because as you say, that would then make the key obsolete. As I said in my OP I have missed several Jubilees and haven't had experience with attending the event, not having bought the key and then seeing what you are saying. But if it works as it is supposed to I understand about the garden key being in the list annually because they are not account-wide so any player who has not bought a key on a certain character only has the one opportunity once a year to get the key for access year-round for that particular character. Many people don't think the garden is any big deal and don't use it, I used to really love it myself because it was somewhere I could be in a quiet place but still read PE chat and have everything I needed (mail box, tradebar seller etc, bank was only a quick jump over the wall and I was there) in one neat place and I used to park all my characters there, though I park my main in AI by the fireplace now because I like the music and can still read PE chat. But if someone likes the location this is the one opportunity they have to use it all year round.

Also as you say, the Throne of the Vampire Lord is a recent throne and supersedes most of the others so there is no logical reason it should have been removed from the Jubilee store. If any thrones are to be taken out of the store it should really be the very old ones, as I said in my OP the Throne of the Lion is not very popular and cheap as chips in the AH and would be the most suitable candidate to take out if they had to, but tbh I don't see why they need to remove any of them as you can only buy them once a year so it makes the event special the more thrones they have in the store. I definitely do NOT think they should be putting the Vampire Throne in the Zen store as I would see this as an extremely cynical (and desperate) cash grab which would damage the company's reputation even further with the players (they have had enough already) and it goes against the long-held tradition of having thrones appear during the event in the store as a matter of course and this is where people expect to find them and acquire them. If they want to get players to spend more money on zen this is not the way to get them to do it, it would have the opposite effect for me anyway because I would see it as a total rip-off when it was free (well you earn it by participating but it doesn't cost real money) every previous year.

@blargskull I don't like to question you, but that's not how the key is supposed to work. Are you bugged in a good way? People attending the event only get access to the garden while the event is on, afterwards it is closed for the rest of the year on that character unless they bought the key during the event. Or did they change it in the last couple of years because as you say, that would then make the key obsolete.

All my friends are the same, so... I don't think it is a bug/glitch. I have access to the Garden year round on all 6 of my characters. I also know, if I were to buy a slot for a new character, that character must wait for the event and enter the Garden to get access. If the new character misses the event, they are locked out until next year.

My account here is pretty old, I joined in 2012 before this game existed. I mostly played Star Trek and Champions back then. Maybe there was some kind of "grandfather clause"? I know there is no "sanity clause". :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    @rockster @blargskull The garden entry without key started the year they introduced a change to Protector Figurine currency and the only way people could afford the key became the Zen packs. It kind of backlashed and as an apology everyone who somehow attended the jubilee got the permanent entry.

As always, keeping the track of patches is not exactly a strong side of Cryptic - so, it has worked like that ever since. I am sure they know... but I doubt they are aware of it.
    @nitocris83 ty so much.
    @nitocris83 any news on this yet?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

@nitocris83 any news on this yet?

The only throne not available will be the Throne of the Redeemed (throne from last year). I haven't checked to see if this year's Jubilee is fully hooked up internally but I'll follow up and re-confirm by checking out the vendor again (Vampire throne was there when I looked last week though).
    @nitocris83 ty for checking. I just logged in and had a look at the ingame calendar again and looked at the tooltip for the rewards and the Throne of the Redeemed which you said above is not going to be available is still listed on it, along with the Vampire one missing, so the tooltip (which hasn't changed from the screenshot I put above on May 13th) is definitely up the spout totally and probably needs rectifying asap. This is a big event for players, biggest of the year for the game as well, the tooltip for it needs to be correct for the players. :-)
    @nitocris83 I guess I'm just going to have to wait until the event happens to find out? I know it may seem like I'm being overly persistent with this, but my intention was to confirm it at a more convenient and quiet time before you guys got too busy with the event itself and it was a distraction for you from more urgent things you will obviously be focusing on getting closer to the event launch. By asking this I'm also trying to avoid a situation where the event starts and I suddenly find it's not there and I'm expecting it to be and being disappointed which will negatively colour the rest of the event for me, at least if I know beforehand I can prepare myself in advance and avoid the negative experience somewhat.
    @nitocris83 I see the event tooltip has been remedied and the throne is in it, that's great news I'm really relieved to see it will be there. But I also see the infernal fashion set is now gone, that was the other thing I had missed out on in past years and was looking forward to obtaining, though the throne was the greater of the two so I have to be happy about that. But can I ask anyway, do you know if those wings will be coming back at any stage in the future and if so for what event. I'd appreciate the info if at all possible. Thanks so much.
    Jornutz says he likes his new seat.

I made an addition for DPS.

• boxcarr#8087 boxcarr Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    👍