test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MIRAGE WEPON SET

@noworries#8859 all wat i wana to know its just ANSWER from DEVS, why mirage set was BUFED again?or DEVS understnd HOW much powerfu this set are? OR DEVS understnd this set KILING TOMM AND MASTER ZARIEL PROGRES< becose its beter wepon set.
BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
ยซ1

Comments

• thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    OMG. Here we go again...
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    its pretty clear that they are ok with a very old weapon set beeing the best for dps.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I agree... but is really a problem at this point? if everyone can get them, everyone is ok. Still good players are good players... you notice them in the first 15 secs of a run.

Is overperforming ok... but well everyone can have them so I dont see any problem.

If the argument is that only players who can complete the master zariel / Tomm are the ones that must have the best weapons, I think 95% of the players dont have access to this content due to best players only play with best players and you are in a very good guild or have friends in that circle or you wont ever have a chance to complete it.

I would like to have other items in Zariel than weapons, items that you can sell like ToMM rings, so good players have something to run this for.

And who knows what is coming? maybe a new weapon set with higher IL and good set bonus is coming soon...

The set is good? ok use it. We want new players to have an incentive to stay in the game isnt? Well this is one.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @darthpotater said:
    > I agree... but is really a problem at this point? if everyone can get them, everyone is ok. Still good players are good players... you notice them in the first 15 secs of a run.
    >
    > Is overperforming ok... but well everyone can have them so I dont see any problem.
    >
    > If the argument is that only players who can complete the master zariel / Tomm are the ones that must have the best weapons, I think 95% of the players dont have access to this content due to best players only play with best players and you are in a very good guild or have friends in that circle or you wont ever have a chance to complete it.
    >
    > I would like to have other items in Zariel than weapons, items that you can sell like ToMM rings, so good players have something to run this for.
    >
    > And who knows what is coming? maybe a new weapon set with higher IL and good set bonus is coming soon...
    >
    > The set is good? ok use it. We want new players to have an incentive to stay in the game isnt? Well this is one.

Problem is tomm and zariel master will be dead end game trail,
    Nkt fair for end gamers whu spent bazilion hours in master zariel or tomm
    Or mirage set can help atract new ppl in end game content? No becose its no point spent tour ad for stone or scrols , becose you already have BIS wepons
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Problem is tomm and zariel master will be dead end game trail,

Nkt fair for end gamers whu spent bazilion hours in master zariel or tomm

Or mirage set can help atract new ppl in end game content? No becose its no point spent tour ad for stone or scrols , becose you already have BIS wepons

I dissagree with you. ToMM will still have people farming it. Not zariel (and nobody farmed it after get weapons)
    Not fair? cmon dont be so elitist, ToMM weapons have been BIS for 2 years and Zariel for 1 year. You already amortized them

I see much bigger problems in the game than this weapons, still agree they are too powerfull, should be inline with the others, but there are other things like bugs, class imbalances, and ZAX for example that are IMO much more important that the poor new players can get BIS weapons.

Really that hurts you? I also wasted scrolls in castle never to get the weapons 8 years ago. And what.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Mirage set can be problem only in pvp. And that's all. While some classes have more benefits than others, it doesn't mean it's the BiS set. I saw people with xuna and celestial set that done x3 more damage than people with mirage. Xuna deals a lot more dmg than "mirrors". And both were arround 50K ilvl. So, mirage ain't problem in pve. It just need fine tuning depends on class... Problem could be only in pvp.
    > @thany#4351 said:
    > Mirage set can be problem only in pvp. And that's all. While some classes have more benefits than others, it doesn't mean it's the BiS set. I saw people with xuna and celestial set that done x3 more damage than people with mirage. Xuna deals a lot more dmg than "mirrors". And both were arround 50K ilvl. So, mirage ain't problem in pve. It just need fine tuning depends on class... Problem could be only in pvp.

I not agre, pvp are dead alot of yera ago.
    So can you exsplayn to me why ppl using mirage in tomm, and i speek about full xp ppl
    I not speak abaut mirage on ppl whu just hit max lvl i speak about strong hdps whu know how to play
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @ewjax#5077

The fact that the latest trial awards a really bad set bonus would persist, but the overall idea is great.
    This should also apply to armor/jewellry equip bonuses.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    It is ridiculous that a Mod 11 Weapon Set is better than current stuff.

I dont really care enough to cry about it, I am happy with what I got and all is good with me, using the Legion Guard stuff.

But anyone who thinks that an old weapon set from years ago should be best in slot is missing the point, best is slot should always be the latest thing surely? Or why bother playing new content at all?
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I agree to a lot of the points made here but...... I ran a ToMM last night (Nov 18th) and used my Celestial Weapons vs a Hunter and Rogue who both had Mirage Weapons. We were all close to the same IL... and I was top DPS. True, I know the mechanics and we had awesome healers so I only died once ( usually run deathless) but... I tried a 2nd run with the Mirage and took 3rd in DPS. On our 3 run, used Celestial again and took 2nd, but was only about 100k from first so... that is my experience thus far.
    I feel that, "almost" any weapon in the hands of someone that knows how to play their toon, and know the proper mechanics can be a HDPS. I have been beaten by Lionheart weapons, Blessed Weapons and Master Weapons... and yet, at other times, beaten them so.... it all depends on the person I guess.
    this just showes how litte tought went into the combat rework. They just slapped this new system on the game without thinking about the consequences, and now try to fix stuff in retrospect.
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

this just showes how litte tought went into the combat rework. They just slapped this new system on the game without thinking about the consequences, and now try to fix stuff in retrospect.

I dont see anyone trying to fix anything... game is hamster more than 2 months already - that was the time period I advised some unhappy players to give the game to become playable again. There were 3-4 patches - not one change towards important issues :D
    edited March 2021
    > @datarider#1036 said:
    > I dont see anyone trying to fix anything... game is hamster more than 2 months already - that was the time period I advised some unhappy players to give the game to become playable again. There were 3-4 patches - not one change towards important issues :D

I agree with you mate,still i am not crying about mirage, i just feell like cryptic pee on my head and say its rain, wats how supose feell all end gamers whu spens x h in tomm or zariel, all wat i wana, just make game beter for everyone.
    I am not speak aboup players whu think- we have now this ,i am ok with this.
    Just need go more deeper in all this changes, and you will understand how bad game became, and yea for wat i know, its only one youtuber whu have bolls, its Northside:3
    I just cant sit then i see cryptic kiling game
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Most people do not think about - and even less people do actually care about the TOMM/Zariel trials. The time/resources you need to spend to be able to successfully run those trials are making them a really bad personal goal, because, nah... that is simply too much. And I am putting aside the detail of how entertaining those lovely group exercises are.

If you push devs to make every weapon set worse than what you can get in those trials, most people will put even less effort into gearing up their chars. Because... why even try? It already is a choice between doing nothing and have a certain output, or spending a lot of time and resources to do just twice better. People already know that - and refrain from spending any effort to even understand what is going on.

So yeah, nerf items even more! That will surely help to motivate masses to play more... or to actually care.
    ...whatever, really.
    Post edited by rikitaki on
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    New mirage, mirage
    It seems to me.
    Or maybe stop feeling
    You do not exist.
  • dietzgen#3883 dietzgen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Wait, there is a thing called progress in Neverwinter?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It seems to me that the main issue some are having with the mirage set is that it is a viable alternative and they resent the fact they've invested time earning the newest ones - but surely that is now across the board in everything except unscaled content. Anything that provides a buff and can ignore the TIL (due to scaling) has become viable again.

If we change everything so that only the latest gear has the best buff options then we are heading into a situation of ever-increasing buffs to the next set of gear. That is another form of stat creep and would eventually lead to yet another rewrite.

I think the devs got things approximately right this time if you look at the situation from the big picture and not just "but their weapons are competitive with mine!".
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Players did ask for horizontal progression, items not losing value, ability to gear up solo and gearing alternatives during the CDPs. Now we have all that, and others complain ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Elite Whaleboy
    armadeonx said:

It seems to me that the main issue some are having with the mirage set is that it is a viable alternative and they resent the fact they've invested time earning the newest ones - but surely that is now across the board in everything except unscaled content. Anything that provides a buff and can ignore the TIL (due to scaling) has become viable again.

If we change everything so that only the latest gear has the best buff options then we are heading into a situation of ever-increasing buffs to the next set of gear. That is another form of stat creep and would eventually lead to yet another rewrite.

I think the devs got things approximately right this time if you look at the situation from the big picture and not just "but their weapons are competitive with mine!".

its not a "viable alterantive" its in most cases 2x as good as Celestial/Lionheart weapons or even better. It was a viable alternative before they reverted the nerf to the mirage set.
    Since the celestial weapons are the only incentive to run Master Zariel, and are intended to be "superior" (to quote asterdahl), to other weapons, this is a problem. I dont want to play a game were its there is no reason to run the new content, because the best gear is from 3 year old campaigns.
    I use to think that too Tom, but surprisingly most of my Alliance LOVES to run Zariel just for the fun of it and honestly, it is easier then ToMM now. I have Lionhearts, Celestial, Mirage and Mastered Weapons... and I still run ToMM and ZCM daily.
    there are exceptions, and i also run the occasional zariel, but its nothing compared to how much i ran ToMM when that launched.
    You can also simply check and search for how many ppl are running Master Zariel at any point during the day. There are WAY fewer ppl running Master Zariel now, compared to how many ppl ran ToMM at the same time after its release.
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > its not a "viable alterantive" its in most cases 2x as good as Celestial/Lionheart weapons or even better. It was a viable alternative before they reverted the nerf to the mirage set.
    > Since the celestial weapons are the only incentive to run Master Zariel, and are intended to be "superior" (to quote asterdahl), to other weapons, this is a problem. I dont want to play a game were its there is no reason to run the new content, because the best gear is from 3 year old campaigns.

Admit that you can feel the tingling sensation of accomplishment, @tom#6998
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

> @tom#6998 said:

> its not a "viable alterantive" its in most cases 2x as good as Celestial/Lionheart weapons or even better. It was a viable alternative before they reverted the nerf to the mirage set.

> Since the celestial weapons are the only incentive to run Master Zariel, and are intended to be "superior" (to quote asterdahl), to other weapons, this is a problem. I dont want to play a game were its there is no reason to run the new content, because the best gear is from 3 year old campaigns.

Admit that you can feel the tingling sensation of accomplishment, @tom#6998

with Zariel not that much, but that might be because we did beat mutiple different versions during the closed beta >.<
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    > @wilbur626 said:
    > Players did ask for horizontal progression, items not losing value, ability to gear up solo and gearing alternatives during the CDPs. Now we have all that, and others complain ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lmao.
    Thats a way to see not doing anything as progression of game design.
    - bye bye -
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Why i dont heard this lvl of hatred for demon lord set? Kinda hypocrite..