test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Sharandar, maxed at 200 on the bar, cannot get Return To Fey Crossing quest

rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited February 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Twice, while in a party, my party mate got the next 20? 25? point quest to return to Old Sharandar (to qualify for the next weekly quest). I not only never got the quest, but I seem to be stuck doing the smaller point quests for infinity. Am I missing some obscure item or detail? How do I get the quest from any of the three quest givers to Return to the Old Sharandar?
Post edited by rocketabby on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The only thing I can think of is to make sure you claimed all the campaign rewards.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    There is a quest chain started by an item drop from 'Iron Molar'.

This also triggers the third daily quest I think.

Make sure you check all your drops on the ground, it does not pop into your inventory automagically.
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I have received and turned in the "Iron Molar" at least twice. I see no new quests or increased point values either.
  • Options
    rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2021

There is a quest chain started by an item drop from 'Iron Molar'.

This also triggers the third daily quest I think.

Make sure you check all your drops on the ground, it does not pop into your inventory automagically.

I have done Iron Molar twice. No extra objects appeared on the ground. I had noticed in another party, when the Loot Mode was set to Free For All, that party mates were able to pick up small quests off the ground before I could run over them. But today, I was alone, and nothing else dropped for me. I do not want to repeat one quest in the hopes of getting some random quest drop on the ground, but it looks like I may have to.

Update: Even though I was maxed on the Iron Curios for the week, I repeated the Mark of the Crone quest until I was able to get the quests Wicked Arms and Break Out. Only then was I able to get the quest Point of Contention to Return to Fey Crossing. And yes, you will have to claim the rewards on the campaign page as well. Claim them as soon as they become available.
    Post edited by rocketabby on
  • Options
    hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I believe there is an issue with quest acquisition that ought to be addressed. Not a "bug" per se, so posting here.

1. There seems to be RNG involved in assigning quests. For 3 weeks I teamed with another player and we seldom received the same quests. Which kind of defeats the reason for playing in a party. I see this as a "time gate" because we help each other with quests, but one of us doesn't earn progression.

2. My friend unlocked Point of Contention at the end of week 2 (200 Curios), but not me.

3. I would turn in Mark of the Crone, and immediately receive it again. Over and over and over.

4. I finally unlocked Point of Contention today (week 3). I believe completing the quests "Scouting Party" and "Breakout" is the unlock. But I don't know the pre-reqs to unlock those two.

Note: "Wicked Arms" and "Master at Arms" do not unlock "Point of Contention" because I just received those quests for the first time today.

Conclusion: Why not force an unlock of Scouting Party and Breakout based on Iron Curio count? Say, 210 and 220 Curios respectively? The RNG could stay in place, but those with horrid luck (like me) would not be totally left out when our friends have Point of Contention.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I believe you need to pick up the rewards to unlock the campaign quests. I play 6 characters and I tried 6 times. My 1st character did not get campaign quests because he did not pick up the rewards in the 1st week. Then, the other 5 picks up the reward when it is available. The quest becomes available as soon as the reward is picked up. Finishing the "previous" quest does not show the next quest if the reward is not picked up. There is no RNG for the campaign quest for me. If you pick up all 5 rewards (the current last one is the Boon at 225), you should be able to acquire all the currently available campaign quests. So, in that sense, it does base on 'Curio count' because without enough Curio, you cannot pick up the reward in the campaign window.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I disagree because I picked up all rewards in the first two weeks (capped at 200). Granted, I was a bit late in picking up the 225 reward, but that does not explain how my friend got Point of Contention at 200 Curios. I contend that RNG is involved in getting "Scouting Party" and "Breakout", due to the need to complete certain precursor quests - that are clearly RNG-based to receive.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    ---
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    It's exactly as @plasticbat wrote - to get the quest, you have to claim the reward.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • Options
    We both claimed all the rewards up to 200 Curios in the first two weeks. He received the quest at the end of two weeks but I did not. There IS another factor involved.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    They just need to do something to make play worth doing after you max-out for the week...

I spend about 1 hour a week in New Sharandar cause there in no point to stay.... or I am missing something.