test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New players Neverwinter.

magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
edited January 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
50% of new players are not looking for how to play well on neverwinter, it's speed looking for the latest Equipment for their character, very little up the assets, in the end in the random it's a carnage, speed speed they go ahead and in the end they die, I am players, I don't pick them up anymore.

Comments

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    According to steamcharts, NW has lost 15% of the player mass since Dec 1st.

It is reasonable to assume that most of the lost players are veterans reacting to the combat changes.

We had the same situation after mod 16, where game also lost a large part of the veteran players.

The result was that the composition of RQ groups moved towards a much bigger proportion of new, low gear and inexperienced players. That made RQs a lot harder to complete.

Until recently the ability to complete RQs has been steadily improving as people gained experience and gear. These days even most of the CoDG's are successful. I have however noticed a decline in this the last few weeks, likely because there are less veterans around that are participating in the RQs.
  • Options
    magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    exact
    I suggest them to take a guild
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

According to steamcharts, NW has lost 15% of the player mass since Dec 1st.

It is reasonable to assume that most of the lost players are veterans reacting to the combat changes.

We had the same situation after mod 16, where game also lost a large part of the veteran players.

The result was that the composition of RQ groups moved towards a much bigger proportion of new, low gear and inexperienced players. That made RQs a lot harder to complete.

Until recently the ability to complete RQs has been steadily improving as people gained experience and gear. These days even most of the CoDG's are successful. I have however noticed a decline in this the last few weeks, likely because there are less veterans around that are participating in the RQs.

Most of the loss is likely because the new content was completed. Population usually ebbs before a new mod, and about 1-2 months after new content is released. It would be better to see how the population is from crest to crest (or low point to low point) of the waves.
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Yeah like the above person said pop usually drops after a mod as been out for a while, espeicaly one as grindy as this last one with the redeemed citadel.
    Would not be surprised with people taking a break because of burnout.

Looking at the charts the pop is actually right around where it was before the pandemic started... maybe everyone just went back to work? lol

Also, playing neverwinter well is different for different people. I find people who play to have fun and kill some time tend to stick around longer than players who want to chase the end game bis train, if the only thing you want is BIS gear... farm overload enchantments in dwarven valley for 45 days and you will get there right quick, and probably need to take a long break because of burnout lol
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    magik30 said:

50% of new players are not looking for how to play well on neverwinter, it's speed looking for the latest Equipment for their character, very little up the assets, in the end in the random it's a carnage, speed speed they go ahead and in the end they die, I am players, I don't pick them up anymore.

Yup.

As said above, when they introduced Ravenloft and then Undermountain you got a big free set of very useful equipment which meant ALL other content could be ignored.

Most players I see around today in game still use Rank 8/9 Enchants and have no intention of levelling them up.

Nor do most "new" players have any idea about mechanics as you just dont need them for anything other than RTQ and REDQ and DPS can get carried through that as its 95% about Heals and Tanking.