test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barbarian Rage Bug

sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I reported this in preview combat changes player power bugs post too. I am reporting here aswell to make sure it gets seen. Because I think this is important about the class.

Barbarian Rage mechanic (For both Blademaster and Sentinel) has a problem. If im not mistaken, I can explain it like this: Battlerage/Unstoppable does not end when it reaches 0 Rage, it ends based on a timer, so Rage modifiers during Battlerage does not have proper interaction with it.

If we give examples when this problem occurs:

On Blademaster, there is a feat that gives 2 Rage when we critically hit, its called Brutal Critical. This feat works properly at increasing our Rage. Normally with 100% Rage, Battlerage lasts around 8 seconds. During Battlerage, this feat increases our Rage, its visible on Rage bar, but Battlerage ends after 8 seconds, before it reaches 0 Rage. Depleting all the remaining Rage at 8 seconds. Depending on how many times we critically hit during this, its usually around 25-35% remaining Rage loss. Since we are spending most of our time in Battlerage, because of this bug, this feat becomes almost completely useless. Before new updates, since we only had 50% crit chance, this feat was not really useful anyways, but now, since we can go up to 90% crit chance, this feat can be really good. And can be used for different builds.

Same thing applies for our Encounter called Roar. Roar gives us Rage depending on how many targets we hit with this encounter. Unlike the other encounters, Roar can increase our Rage while Battlerage is active. But even though it visually increases our Rage on the Rage bar, Battlerage ends early(again with timer ends), wasting the extra Rage we gained from this encounter.

This bug happens on Sentinel paragon too. But this time, instead of increasing Rage, it happens when we decrease Rage, with the encounter called Primal Fury(without Blood Fury feat). This encounter removes 40 Rage. If we use this encounter while we are in Unstoppable, it removes 40 Rage from Rage bar visually, but when Rage reaches 0, it does not end Unstoppable, it keeps remaining active while we have 0 Rage. A while ago I had opened a bug report about this specific problem, but unfortunately I did not get any response on it. This is the link for more details about it:

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1258384/barbarian-sentinel-bug-with-primal-fury-during-unstoppable

Another mechanic related to this is Blood Fury feat on Sentinel path. When this feat is selected, it ends the Unstoppable when we use Primal Fury. So it is possible to trigger ending the Battlerage/Unstoppable besides the timer.

So the solution would be, ending the Battlerage/Unstoppable when the remaining Rage reaches 0, not with a scheduled timer.

This is an important bug about our main class mechanic, if its complicated or not clear to understand from my report, I can support it by making a video.

Hopefully this time this will get a reply, thank you for reading.

Comments

• sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @nitocris83 @noworries#8859 @cryptic39#8917

This is an important bug that in related directly to our class mechanic. It solves many problems for both DPS and Tank path. It makes 2 of our feats on DPS path really viable as a choice. This would allow us to create more builds for different contents. As I said, I can support with a video or screenshots if its necessary, it would be nice to get a reply.
  • bum72#7883 bum72 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    ++++
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

Yes, its tough to hard cap accuracy when using a summoned comp using full set of indomitable runestones, so that makes our overpenetration feat completely useless to use. So having brutal critical fixed, it gives us a reason to have variety in our builds.
    As for single target, apart from steel blitz, none of our class features are good to use as none of them are viable as of now. Barbed strikes were our sole go to feature before as it gave us a significant boost in crit severity but now it provides meagre 2.5 crit sev which we dont at all need atm due to our forte and the boost gave by the potions. So I think it should be changed to at least +10 % crit or CA to compensate.

First when not using an augmentation companion you exchange 15% status (+specific companion bonus) that this gives for the damage the attack companion gives, this was described in the companions section in the preview.

In my post here on the forum in the class section I cited viable options for those who can not use this feat. The only problems in the class are the 90% nerf that Class Future Barbed Strikes received, but with the change of combat this would have to happen, but not in this magnitude and with a change of status since the class has the Forte that already from Critical Severity. The same logic should apply to Skill: Rage Criticals.
  • bkjvkbkjvk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    So far Cryptic is ignoring barbarian as much as they can, due to changes from mod 16 it feels like this class was fixed with duct tape and no one is really trying to make that class be a real barbarian, not long ago i swapped into buffing my mates than doing dps because even tho it is possible to deal damage with it, this game still punish barbs.
    For instance the stamina regeneration for all classes it starts instantly after cast, for barbs and warlocks it trigger after 3 seconds making any stamina regenerating stuff useless.
    Except relentless slash there is no good aoe damage, comparing to other classes, but if enemies are running around and not grouped you can only single target them. Axestorm is a joke in most cases it flies in some weird direction, roar size is more like 'angry whisper', and not-so-fast is more like only-for-status, which basically does nothing aswell.
    Approaching the mobs is also joke, punishing charge 16 seconds cooldown and target lock XD the atwill that lets you jumps to enemies have no range and it's casting is ultra clanky so there are better options at its place. Imo all atwill should have effect of slam when used on range while targeting enemy even with 5 seconds jump cooldown, not to end up being monkey barb.
    The IBS should be aoe with higher in front of you range (narrow cone) like it used to be in the past, frenzy should be deleted alongside with knife throw and replaced with something that actually helps deal damage.
    but HAMSTER it leave it in the misearable state as it is, better add some more wings for 4k zens, money are more important :)))
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    This concern was passed on previously but I have no updated info at this time.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

This concern was passed on previously but I have no updated info at this time.

Sad :(
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker