What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official - Combat Changes - General Feedback/Bugs

12346»

Comments

• rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Bugs on Augment
    While Standing out of combat stats are not static and they keep dancing Tango

That is happening on Buelettee and baby owl bear, if this is intended please verify this
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @horus#3657 said:
    > Bugs on Augment
    > While Standing out of combat stats are not static and they keep dancing Tango
    >
    > That is happening on Buelettee and baby owl bear, if this is intended please verify this

Ceck companjons, if you use hawk with 7.5 crit and crit sev it's probably still not working so stat dancing tango or brake dance :)
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • darkcinnamondarkcinnamon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Mirage weapons summoned illusions does 0 damage and weapon enchant's doesn't work on them which both illusions used to do damage and weapon enchants used to work with them.

Rapid strikes are the hits from illusions since they use one of your class at-wills to attack.

• cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer

Bugs on Augment
    While Standing out of combat stats are not static and they keep dancing Tango

That is happening on Buelettee and baby owl bear, if this is intended please verify this

This is not intended, and will be addressed in a future build.
    Miku V.
  • ronidzarronidzar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    First comment ever in a Neverwinter forum, I'd rather not comment, but I really have to do something just to have the peace of mind of being able to say "I did what I could". So here's my contribution:

Weapon enchantments must be exchangeable, because you've changed the meta and now some of us have enchantments that are worth less than half what they used to. (Yeah, I'm talking about Vorpal which is now 2 months away (PS4) from M20 is already less than half its previous price). If you can't bring balance to these enchantments, at least give us the free choice of picking what we'd like to use with the new combat changes. By the way, no bound enchantments, this goes for the current Radiant exchange too.
    [Rant: how can you give a chest gear 25% stats to other contributions but only 8% to a rank 14 weapon enchantment?? At least give us a flat 10% crit and Acc/CA, because otherwise there will be no choice, bilethorn will be the only way to go if DPSing!]

Just like companion powers give stats to other contributions, so should mount equip powers

Please, make gear bonus more interesting and different so we don't need be using the same build. I hope that at least you can still change 80% power related bonus from gear post m16 before the new mod. I'd love to be able to have a "niche" build but still very effective, probably 90% of the players would love to be able to have some uniqueness on their builds that would match their playstyle while being effective. It is much to ask, but start building towards that now.
  • l0gicalm1nd#4704 l0gicalm1nd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @cryptic39#8917 The Watcher weapon set still references "armor penetration" which I'm guessing now should be critical severity? it does seem to boost critical severity so likely just a tooltip error
    Also, the % buffs are applying to the base ratings of power/crit/etc, rather than the "other contribution" where it would be a straight percentage. Is that intentional? Probably better to leave it that way, as these weapons could be better than LH if it added to the "other contribution"...
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Probably there are a lot of translation errors in this text.

The bugs I found in the new 20 module: (part 1)

Total Item Level increases from the active companion, from his equipment and from companions' bonus powers, even when companions are disabled (for example, in PvP).

Bonuses from ratings recalculate only when some rating changes, they don't recalculate when Total Item Level changes. (Example: player removes the combat power from his horse with 3000 item level. The Total Item Level will decrease by 3000, but the ratings don't change. So, player stats will not change, although they should have increased immediately by 3%, since the cap has decreased by 3000 for all ratings.

The damage of the character doesn't change immediately when the Total Item Level changes, but will with a long delay.

The "Combustive Arrows" power of a Flame Sprite deals 100% additional damage instead of the declared 10%.

I've found that the number of AP generated by a power is directly proportional to the duration of its cast. (AP - actions points)

I also found that almost all powers generate 16.7 AP/sec on live, and 22 AP/sec on preview (at least for a ranger).

But the ranger's At-Will power "Aimed Shot" generates only 16 AP/sec both on live and on preview; I guess it shouldn't work that way. (I wrote here only the basic value of the received AP, without taking into account the buffs to it)

Due to the binding of the character’s damage to his Total Item Level, it became impossible to reduce the character’s damage, at least I haven't found any way. This makes it difficult to test the powers on enemies and very difficult to test powers in PvP, since you cannot reduce your Total Item Level there. I wish there would be added some way to reduce the damage (maybe, some test weapon which reduces damage by 99%, or something like that).

The item level of artifacts is 150 higher than their ratings.

The companion's equipment from the campaign store has the wrong distribution of ratings: instead of 90% combined and 10% special ratings, they have 40% combined and 60% special ratings.

The character's equipment from the new campaign store has the wrong distribution of ratings: instead of 90% combined and 10% special ratings, they have 36% combined and 10% special ratings.

The Underdark rings have the wrong ratings.

Equip powers from most of the gear in the game are still not adapted for the new module, including powers from the new campaign items.

Collars give fewer stats than their item level: they give 50% combined and 33% special rating. Practical collars give only a 50% combined rating.

The mount's combat power, companion's enhancement power, armor and weapon enhancements don't give any ratings, but give an item level, as a result they significantly reduce the player's ratings, which may motivate the player to remove these items.

The contribution to the item level from the mount's combat power is incorrectly calculated: the item level of the mount's combat power is multiplied by the mount bolster twice. (only a visual bug)

Enemies still have an increased amount of hp and insane damage in almost all locations (minion enemies have especially high damage and hp).

Utility bonuses from many sources have been greatly reduced:

In all enchantment (for example: a Ruthless enchantment gave a 33% glory and gold bonuses before this update, and now it gives only a 2.5% glory and gold bonuses),

In all artifacts (for example: Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue gave a 25% gold bonus before this update, and now it gives only a 3.8% gold bonus),

In some companions powers (I wrote this separately),

In mounts' equip powers (for example: the speed power gave 15% speed / give 6% speed; the stamina power gave 30% stamina regeneration / give 6% stamina regeneration).

I didn't find any information about these changes, I guess this is a bug.

Although VIP has been added to the preview shard, an interface for using it has not been added there, as a result player can use VIP actions only by using console commands.

Envenomed Storyteller's Journal: when equipped in the primary artifact slot, it displays that it increases damage by 28%, although its damage bonus is 5%. (only a visual bug)

Incorrect Player Bonus Powers from some companions:

The Player Bonus Power from Vistani Wanderer has become twice weaker: earlier it gave 8/10% of currency at epic / legendary quality, but now it gives 5 / 7.5% at legendary / mythic quality;

Vallenhas Elite Soldier: the Player Bonus Power from it does not increase any ratings, only increases the Total Item Level; also, based on the description, it increases damage versus the Kabal's minions, and not versus Avernus devils;  (And Vallenhas Elite Soldier fourth appearance still uses the Neverember Guard appearance)

Still incorrect Player Bonus Powers from Companions of the Cloaked Ascendancy: Volcanic Galeb Duhr and Lava Galeb Duhr: possibly reversed, and neither of them increase damage versus Nostura's minions. Or these companions changed in the past?

The Awakened Forger's Box applies a random amount of additional buffs, instead of one. The second strange thing is that Awakened Forger's Box increases power by 3% and other ratings by 2%, when the Empowered Chain of Scales increase ratings by 6%.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Frost enchantment on live is bugged and actually makes enemies faster, might want to check if that bug carried over to preview since devs were adjusting enchantments.
    I will check for it when I can but might take a while, I can't access preview server right now
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • rosh#3730 rosh Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @cryptic39#8917

Critical Level of Items Bug on Preview
    Guys Please this is the second time already on preview that rings stats are not correct
    Mog & Garry Rings grant more stats than equivelant rings of Redeemed Citadel
    The threat ring that drops from Garry and Mog grants 12K Defense

So it is one of two cases the Redeemed Citadel Rings are incorrect or Mog/Garry Rings grant more than intended
    and I think it the last one of the 2 cases

Also Old Gear from undermountain and older campaigns on Gear Bonuses don't Grant Stats % instead they take total rating of a stat in character sheet and increases that Rating by 5% for example meaning these items don't adhere to the new combat system and they are still applying the old combat system

Please Ensure that item stats & their bonuses are correct across all the game before going live with this

Here is an example of Undermountain Gear
    Thank you
    Post edited by rosh#3730 on
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    > @richardsnow#8187 said:
    > Scaled Content Issue - is this working as intended or broken. If it's working as intended, please review as it should not be this way.
    >
    > OK - Scaled Content - Example will be cloak tower since this is the lowest level dungeon in the game
    >
    > Unscaled Stats:
    >
    > 51,212 TIL
    > 628,954 HP
    > 6,145 Damage
    >
    > 48,213 Power - 79.9% - 47% Rating Contribution/32.0% Other
    > 42,581 Accuracy - 54.7% - 41.4% Rating Contribution/13.3% Other
    > 42,989 Combat Advantage - 41.8% Rating Contribution/19.8% Other
    >
    > (We'll stop there since this will get my point across)
    >
    > Scaled Stats (Current):
    >
    > 6000 TIL
    > 96,809 HP
    > 720 Damage
    >
    > 48,213 Power - 79.9% - 47% Rating Contribution/32.0% Other
    > 42,581 Accuracy - 54.7% - 41.4% Rating Contribution/13.3% Other
    > 42,989 Combat Advantage -61.5% - 41.8% Rating Contribution/19.8% Other
    >
    >
    > Why are my Main Stats not scaled based on the TIL? What this should be is the following:
    >
    > Scaled Stats (Suggested):
    >
    > 6000 TIL
    > 96,809 HP
    > 720 Damage
    >
    > 48,213 Power - 82.0% - 50% Rating Contribution/32.0% Other
    > 42,581 Accuracy - 63.3% - 50% Rating Contribution/13.3% Other
    > 42,989 Combat Advantage - 69.8% - 50% Rating Contribution/19.8% Other
    >
    > If you decide to go the way it currently is on Preview, lower item level characters will be more powerful than high item level characters on scaled content simply due to the nature of More item level = harder to gain % stats.
    >
    > It's inherently broken.
    >
    > I believe that we all were hoping for the suggested scaled stats rather than what is currently on preview.
    >
    > If you implement upscaling, as it appears you are doing in Sharandar, this will be even MORE broken. Upscaling based solely on a player's current TIL Percentages breaks the difficulty.
    >
    > Upscaled characters should be at a disadvantage against players that have higher item level, which is currently not the case. It is easier to do the current Sharandar content on an upscaled TIL 20,000 Character than it is on a TIL 50,000 character.
    >
    > Currently on Preview, this puts anyone with higher item level at a severe disadvantage when scaled down as well as if you scale up players that have lower TIL.
    >
    > Please fix this as the current state of scaling is breaking lower level dungeons for higher level players and upscaling will give lower TIL players a huge advantage simply based on the fact that it is easier to obtain higher stat percentages at lower levels.

Poit is end gamer ws regular player in skaled lvl dangeons let say malabog Castle, all 5 ppl have same base dmg, but different ratings, end gamer can boost in combat POWER, CA, CRIT AND CRIT S, TO 90% Wat mean you do more dmg then regular player with 70%pow, 60% ca, 59%crit strike and 80% severity, so I not see here big problem, still it will be same ruch for dmg you need make more dmg you need ruch and do dmg first
    BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Edit: Double post by mistake
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User

Scaled Content Issue - is this working as intended or broken. If it's working as intended, please review as it should not be this way.

OK - Scaled Content - Example will be cloak tower since this is the lowest level dungeon in the game

Unscaled Stats:

51,212 TIL
    628,954 HP
    6,145 Damage

48,213 Power - 79.9% - 47% Rating Contribution/32.0% Other
    42,581 Accuracy - 54.7% - 41.4% Rating Contribution/13.3% Other
    42,989 Combat Advantage - 41.8% Rating Contribution/19.8% Other

(We'll stop there since this will get my point across)

Scaled Stats (Current):

6000 TIL
    96,809 HP
    720 Damage

48,213 Power - 79.9% - 47% Rating Contribution/32.0% Other
    42,581 Accuracy - 54.7% - 41.4% Rating Contribution/13.3% Other
    42,989 Combat Advantage -61.5% - 41.8% Rating Contribution/19.8% Other

Why are my Main Stats not scaled based on the TIL? What this should be is the following:

Scaled Stats (Suggested):

6000 TIL
    96,809 HP
    720 Damage

48,213 Power - 82.0% - 50% Rating Contribution/32.0% Other
    42,581 Accuracy - 63.3% - 50% Rating Contribution/13.3% Other
    42,989 Combat Advantage - 69.8% - 50% Rating Contribution/19.8% Other

If you decide to go the way it currently is on Preview, lower item level characters will be more powerful than high item level characters on scaled content simply due to the nature of More item level = harder to gain % stats.

It's inherently broken.

I believe that we all were hoping for the suggested scaled stats rather than what is currently on preview.

If you implement upscaling, as it appears you are doing in Sharandar, this will be even MORE broken. Upscaling based solely on a player's current TIL Percentages breaks the difficulty.

Upscaled characters should be at a disadvantage against players that have higher item level, which is currently not the case. It is easier to do the current Sharandar content on an upscaled TIL 20,000 Character than it is on a TIL 50,000 character.

Currently on Preview, this puts anyone with higher item level at a severe disadvantage when scaled down as well as if you scale up players that have lower TIL.

Please fix this as the current state of scaling is breaking lower level dungeons for higher level players and upscaling will give lower TIL players a huge advantage simply based on the fact that it is easier to obtain higher stat percentages at lower levels.

This is a problem indeed. I'm not sure why lower level players are even allowed to be upscaled to higher content than what they can do. Isn't that the whole point of progression? They should meet the item level requirement needed to do the content, and not be scaled at all, while the downscaled end gamer should be given some advantage.