test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chains drop rate

merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
They need to do something with the infected Manes drop rate. I just killed 32 and got one chains. If you don't hunt in a group the rate is just too low. i mean 32 and only one chain? I get it alot of people are doing T1 hunts now that have saved up. But after that they are going to hunt chains again....please increase this rate...

Comments

• deviltogoddeviltogod Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Not only chains any hunt lures are not solo friendly atm whish is very bad for solo players like me. :( Hope they will notice this problem and provide a solution to everyone can enjoy. Currently few hardcore pre-made groups owning the hunt market..
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    MMORPG, try in a group. I think we averaged about 1 chain a minute while farming in our group. Same for other marks, using a group will have them spawn faster and control an area for farming easier.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

MMORPG, try in a group. I think we averaged about 1 chain a minute while farming in our group. Same for other marks, using a group will have them spawn faster and control an area for farming easier.

Yes, I agree. But that's the point. Hard to get groups, not on at certain times. The drop rate is not friendly to solo play. Which is the point of the post. Make it friendly for solo play as well.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Why do you need chain if you don't have group and can't solo Hunts T2 ?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Why do you need chain if you don't have group and can't solo Hunts T2 ?

T1 hunts are still a very good source of Favor.

However, I do all my chains farming slack style solo, and I have no problem getting my chains.
    * But yes, you DO need an empty zone to make it work solo or leechers will steal your infected manes
    * Then spend 2-3-4 minutes killing small manes at the spot where you can kill 3+3+1+1 each 15 secs or so.
    * Then patrol the spawn spots, and make sure to get in a double kill of the 3-group in nw corner

This should give you 3-4 infected manes for each round.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    merik1999 said:

Yes, I agree. But that's the point. Hard to get groups, not on at certain times. The drop rate is not friendly to solo play. Which is the point of the post. Make it friendly for solo play as well.

I don't find difficult to get groups for manes personnally.
    It may be due to the fact i'm playing mostly during the peaking hours (evening in europe / afternoon in US) and i'm installed in the game since a longtime (so quite a "known name" in my guild/ally + a lengthy friendlist).
    In the rare cases I push more during the night, when most of my belgian/swiss/french allymates and guildies are sleeping, we have quebeckers up. And in the worst case, I can always make use of my friendlist (which is something you can "build" over the time to find people playing at any hour).

The "worst" moment to play Neverwinter (when it's quite deserted by players) is, I think, between UTC 4h am-10h am : EU is not really awake yet, and NA is going to bed.
    Is it your case ?

Whenever I try to farm alone some chains in Avernus, no matter what time it is, i always end up, after some few instance jumps, finding another one or two who is/are driving around doing the same as me.
    Half of the time, one message is enough to start a little farming group.

Sometime, you also find 3-5 people already organized together, just whisp one and ask if you can join their queue so you would be able to tag their infected manes and call some for them.

If you happen one day to find my farming group (queue, i'm always at least with another guildy so one can run over the little manes while the other do the infected), I'm friendly with someone unkown I see driving around on "our" manes/instance for more than "one lap" if :
    1- he doesn't try to oneshot the manes when he sees other cars incoming, then i will ask if he wants to join us.
    2- he asks himself to join

It's always mutual benefice this way. One of us is running over the little manes, and every others are calling the spot and waiting for each other to tag before killing. This way there is no "leeching", no "competition" on the infected and also constant spawns.

But if you behave like a d*** around us, oneshoting and not waiting, I guarantee you wont join us, and if we are 3 or more from my guild, we won't let you get back in your car easily : one of us will be tasked to follow you and every time you will exit your car he will try to block you out of it, while the others are still doing the manes. Yeah, we can act like kids ^^.
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    As some mentioned in this post, there are ways to improve the farm as long as you make a group, even if it is small. but I understand your point, even I created a post on this subject with a suggestion that works to increase the drop rate of some mobes with the implementation of a progress bar in a Bestiary that could be implemented. See the details on this at this link https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1258453/reduction-of-rng-progression-bars-bestiary-monetization
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    merik1999 said:

They need to do something with the infected Manes drop rate. I just killed 32 and got one chains. If you don't hunt in a group the rate is just too low. i mean 32 and only one chain? I get it alot of people are doing T1 hunts now that have saved up. But after that they are going to hunt chains again....please increase this rate...

Sorry, but I fully disagree.

The Hunts are meant to be a team-based content, and it has been some time in the game before we had to make plans and strategies for the hunts.

Yes, you want a team for this. It is literally MMORPG where you need teammates for everything. Basically at least 50% of the gear you get from these hunts is also Team oriented.

Increasing the Spawn Rate happened twice already, by adding more Corrupted Manes on the ground.

With increased spawn rate, you get decreased prices for the Chains, and less desire for people to actually go and hunt. They'd rather simply buy out in bulks (which they already do and have already done).

Due to a good RNG system, you also get a good price to sell/trade the chains.

If you don't have luck in obtaining the Chains at the moment, I suggest seeking other enemies that drop a T1 component.

Also, I've collected over 400 Chains for Milestone 3 and Milestone 4 with variations between 1-4 party members.
    I've been collecting chains with various groups and alliances, too.
    In fact, I also made some new in-game friends thanks to this.

If you can't find people to play this with, I suggest finding them still and persist in finding them instead of asking for the increased spawn rate. The Spawn rates will get to the point of being 100% once this content is deemed obsolete. That happened with all hunts.
    But currently, there are rather valuable prices in the Citadel that'd simply bypass Dungeons and Trials for just doing hunts.
    These hunts are OP, too, as they give you 200 Favours per 1 hunt.
    It is so easy to get favours, we saw how fast Milestone 4 was resolved.

And yes, I know it is infuriating to get 0 chains after you got around 30+, but did it occur to you that there's a limit and decreased spawn chance per toon once you hit 30+ chains in a single day? You got to let it rest a bit, too.

I'm sure that everyone noticed the "spikes" of +1 Chain per kill compared to 0 Chains per kill.

You can still farm up to 50 Chains a day, although it becomes increasingly hard after you got 35 chains in your inventory.
    As a team of 5 people, that's 175 chains in a party. With components, that's 175x200 Favours, which is already 35.000 favours.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

merik1999 said:

Sorry, but I fully disagree.

The Hunts are meant to be a team-based content, and it has been some time in the game before we had to make plans and strategies for the hunts.

Yes, you want a team for this. It is literally MMORPG where you need teammates for everything. Basically at least 50% of the gear you get from these hunts is also Team oriented.

Increasing the Spawn Rate happened twice already, by adding more Corrupted Manes on the ground.

With increased spawn rate, you get decreased prices for the Chains, and less desire for people to actually go and hunt. They'd rather simply buy out in bulks (which they already do and have already done).

Due to a good RNG system, you also get a good price to sell/trade the chains.

If you don't have luck in obtaining the Chains at the moment, I suggest seeking other enemies that drop a T1 component.

Also, I've collected over 400 Chains for Milestone 3 and Milestone 4 with variations between 1-4 party members.
    I've been collecting chains with various groups and alliances, too.
    In fact, I also made some new in-game friends thanks to this.

If you can't find people to play this with, I suggest finding them still and persist in finding them instead of asking for the increased spawn rate. The Spawn rates will get to the point of being 100% once this content is deemed obsolete. That happened with all hunts.
    But currently, there are rather valuable prices in the Citadel that'd simply bypass Dungeons and Trials for just doing hunts.
    These hunts are OP, too, as they give you 200 Favours per 1 hunt.
    It is so easy to get favours, we saw how fast Milestone 4 was resolved.

And yes, I know it is infuriating to get 0 chains after you got around 30+, but did it occur to you that there's a limit and decreased spawn chance per toon once you hit 30+ chains in a single day? You got to let it rest a bit, too.

I'm sure that everyone noticed the "spikes" of +1 Chain per kill compared to 0 Chains per kill.

You can still farm up to 50 Chains a day, although it becomes increasingly hard after you got 35 chains in your inventory.
    As a team of 5 people, that's 175 chains in a party. With components, that's 175x200 Favours, which is already 35.000 favours.
    I have spent several days farming for over an hour and receiving 2 chains...The chain drop rate is horrible. And I do kill at least 15 manes per day...

edited November 2020
    15 manes a day, you should spend time doing other things, or find a group
    edited November 2020
    merik1999 said:

I have spent several days farming for over an hour and receiving 2 chains...The chain drop rate is horrible. And I do kill at least 15 manes per day...

15 manes/day is a rookie number :P (no offense ^^), you can kill more than that in 20minutes with an organized group in queue.

Problem doing it solo is : you have to search the infected manes all by yourself (so loosing time driving around all the spots) + you don't have anyone running over little manes for you (so infected are usually scarce unless, while jumping from instance to instance, you happen to luckily find a "treasure map farmer" who is not already leeched).

I personnally can't remember an 1h infected farming session that I ended below 12 chains droped, unless i was completely alone or I was the one running over the little manes for my group (obviously, as i wasn't tagging all the infected called then).

On the group scale, with 4-5 other guildes in queue (not in party), we were collecting something like 50-70 chains/h total when we were preparing lures for our "Magnus top100" goal. So for us, as a cohesive group, it is close to a "1chain/minute" rate. We organize together, we farm together, we share trophies with each others, we hunt together.

1week after the beginning of phase 4, 1 of us got 33th in the top + 28 toons (18 different players) in our guild have reached the 28k favors already (some are only playing 1 or 2 hours / day).
    We did some T2 (around 30 i think) last week end, all together, annd will finish our T2 stock probably this week end. Then we will do T3.

Conclusion : MMO, not MSO. Collective > Individual
    I think most of you are missing the whole point. Yes, in a group you can get a few chains if you can find a goup. No it is not easy to find a group. It does not matter if it was easy for YOU to find a group. Most can not find groups.

Solo, you get about 1 chain per 15 manes on average. in a group you get 1 chain per 3 manes on average. The drop rate is extremely unfair. if the Drop rate was set to 33%, then your drop rate per solo would be 1 for three and in a group about 1 for 2. Which is much better for this drop.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, the Devs should just move the chains to the loot table of the little ones. You run over a certain amount of them, and they drop one chain. Problem solved.

In the end, the player time wasted on this step of the hunts would remain the same, but it would be less frustrating.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited November 2020
    merik1999 said:

Yes, in a group you can get a few chains if you can find a goup. No it is not easy to find a group. It does not matter if it was easy for YOU to find a group. Most can not find groups.

"most can not" Can you provide some data on the Neverwinter population to illustrate that more than half of the players can't find a "chains group" ? Or is it a guessing from your experience and "personnal sample" of players ?

Question : in your opinion, why is it not easy for YOU to find a group ?
    Maybe the intrasic problem is not the loot rate, and so the solution for your case is not really rising it.
    Maybe can we give you with some "how to find/create a group" advices if you can point out what are the major reasons why you can't find one ?
    merik1999 said:

"15 manes per day" lol, just lol, I can't believe this! Woooooow! =)

You have to be trolling or having to be that inept at playing such a simple farm. :#

If you wrote 150 kills/day I'd consider you to be relatively serious, like casually spending an hour or so to do it, but with 15 manes per day (and by that I consider Infected Manes) is just laughable at this point.

That's how many I get in 5-6 minutes, and around 300 in several hours WITHIN A PARTY. And from those 300 you'd get about 40-50 chains in total.

So, I strongly suggest you play the content the way it was meant to be played (TEAM) if you want to see any real progress.

Without a strong team none of the people would even win the TOP100 contest recently. Without a (strong) team nobody would win Tier 2 & 3 hunts. Just because you don't queue for this doesn't mean that you should farm alone. There are literally mobs spawning in different locations, so you need one person slaying them at one spot, as you wait from spawns on another.

If you want to run this content alone, without any help or making a team or whatever in a MMORPG that requires you to make a team and run content with friends, then I sincerely suggest you to reconsider your way of thinking and either stop playing this and try some single player games.

And just to point it out while I'm at it, you have this big map (Wastelands zone) with several Infected Manes spawning after generating some smaller ones, with people competing for the kills and chains, and you think you can do this alone?
    And just to point out another thing, whenever I was farming alone I always get invited to Queue groups of people who are already farming the Chains and they always waited for me to come to the location.

I've met a few QQers who were just LAZY to farm it, so they blame RNG because they can't get it 100% of times. They'd like to play this for 15 minutes and get 100 Chains seems like. Fortunately, that won't happen.

This is why all this talk is surreal for me, no offense.
    True Neutral
    regenerde said:

Well, the Devs should just move the chains to the loot table of the little ones. You run over a certain amount of them, and they drop one chain. Problem solved.

That's literally inviting bots to the game that'd do that 24/7.
    True Neutral
    edited November 2020

regenerde said:

That's literally inviting bots to the game that'd do that 24/7.
    Well, park one bot with an Abyssal Chicken or any other hard hitting normal companion on a Infected Manes spawn spot in an active instance, the companion will do everything, and the chain goes straight into inventory on drop, sounds pretty bot proof to me.

How exactly is a bot going to hit those little Manes wandering around the Wastelands every time? Sure, they could go back and forth on one spawn spot, but that's no different from camping the Infected Manes spots right now.

Btw. bots are already in game, most of them run Random dungeon/skirmish queues 24/7, and they don't waste time on stuff hidden behind several bloody RNG walls, only the living are cuckoo enough for doing that.
    Want to know why?
    edited November 2020
    regenerde said:

Well, park one bot with an Abyssal Chicken or any other hard hitting normal companion on a Infected Manes spawn spot in an active instance, the companion will do everything, and the chain goes straight into inventory on drop, sounds pretty bot proof to me.

Autoclick =/= bot in my opinion (both are bannishable though).

Plenty of people also use what you describe to make some value from their afk, like an idle game inside the game.

I tried once (i'm teleworking a lot since covid) : i chose an infected spot (canyon) on an active map (someone was farming treasure maps but i think he left soon after), sloted Xuna, and clicked in the game once every 10 minutes (to clear the alert message before getting disconnected). After 4h, at the end i had looted a grand total of 2 chains.
    Not at all worth going back and forth from my working computer to my gaming computer... (but maybe it is, if you have your team on the map while you are afk).
    regenerde said:

How exactly is a bot going to hit those little Manes wandering around the Wastelands every time?

Hitting the manes wandering around the Wastelands doesn't seems much more difficult than pathfinding in the cloak tower.
    Little manes have a fixed amount of time before respawning (10 sec ?)
    With perfect driving, the most efficient little circuit around "mid/little hill" can hit 1+3+1+3(+1) little manes roughly every 12 sec, as when you come back to the first he has just respawned or 1-2 sec ago.
    You don't need to bother finding the groups at the start : any of them will eventually appear in or close the path-circuit after some time because of their patrol or because ran over by other players.
    Once ran over once, they are indefinitely in the loop.

Fortunately, NW doesn't seem to interest botters anymore (at least those who are programming them). There are still some bots, but the ones i'm able to detect (and report, because of their specific and recognizable behaviour) are mostly old ones that were already around 3 or 4 years ago.
    edited November 2020
    Well, the change i suggested isn't going to bring the bots into Avernus, they're going to stick to Random Dungeon/Skirmish Queues for more or less guaranteed rough AD payouts. At the end of the day getting a chain is still only a chance, and bots can't unload those directly through the AH, which means they would have to exchange them with other players for something they can sell, then sell those items and collect their AD.

In short, way too much work for them.

Besides, even if the Devs listen/read this and decide to change it, there's still more then enough RNG BS left in Hunts, and since the Leaderboard thingy is also done, it would be good to remove at least a little bit of RNG HAMSTER from the game.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    @merik1999

Why do you want to solo obviously designed group content ?
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User

@merik1999

You argument fails, when a content u say its for group doesnt work in party, it fail again, when it should be 1 mane kill 1 chain, and player use a loophole some can even call it a glitch... were if u have 30 players all doing 1 hit on same mane and theres a chance for 30 drops, i bet it was not designed with that in mind.

Chain drops is low, and worst, hunt lure from boss is also to low. 24 T2 boss kills and 2 pieces of T3 drop is just stupid low.
    edited November 2020
    xtremoz said:

You argument fails, when a content u say its for group doesnt work in party, it fail again

Though i don't really disagree with your points, i want to precise that being in a "party" has never been mandatory to play group content : HE / BHEs are the best exemples (let's say the Dragon Run in WotD).
    xtremoz said:

@merik1999

You argument fails, when a content u say its for group doesnt work in party, it fail again, when it should be 1 mane kill 1 chain, and player use a loophole some can even call it a glitch... were if u have 30 players all doing 1 hit on same mane and theres a chance for 30 drops, i bet it was not designed with that in mind.

Chain drops is low, and worst, hunt lure from boss is also to low. 24 T2 boss kills and 2 pieces of T3 drop is just stupid low.
    @xtremoz I bet it was designed with this in mind because if they did 1 kill 1 drop, players would still farm it without group and still get a lot more

You kill solo ? tedious and low drops
    You are organised with friend ( let's not call this a group because apparently this word has not the same meaning for everybody) ? You got a suffisient amount of chains

I think that's fair enough.

Anyway I will say it again, why complain about chain drop for a solo player who will obvisouly not be able to do T2?

About T3 component drops:
    We killed 113 T2 and got 39 T3 component, but we killed them by batch of 30 at least, because like everything in this game, you get better RNG by killing a lot consecutively.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Is there a reason that solo players should not be able to get T2 lures and trade them, even if they are not able to solo the hunt?
    edited November 2020
    Well, why would you want to force players into a group for all steps of the hunts, when even the main rewards of it end up in the bags of just the player using the lure? Sure, as long as you're part of the group that summons the hunt, you'll get at least Favor and Marks, but everyone else beyond that helping with the T2 or T3 hunts gets nothing...

That doesn't sound like a logical or "fair" concept for "group content" to me.
    Want to know why?
    kharkov58 said:

Is there a reason that solo players should not be able to get T2 lures and trade them, even if they are not able to solo the hunt?

They are able, but a slower pace
    edited November 2020
    regenerde said:

Well, why would you want to force players into a group for all steps of the hunts, when even the main rewards of it end up in the bags of just the player using the lure? Sure, as long as you're part of the group that summons the hunt, you'll get at least Favor and Marks, but everyone else beyond that helping with the T2 or T3 hunts gets nothing...

That doesn't sound like a logical or "fair" concept for "group content" to me.

Interesting.
    I will add that, even if you are in the lure-party, you don't have any guarantee to get something else but the fiend/devil/demon's remains.
    T3 seems to always loot 2 to 4 items, never 5 (as far as my experience with T3 goes). But at the contrary, if you do T1 or T2 all the party can end up with no equipment looted at all.

So what is the real concept if not everyone in the party and no sidehelper can get a piece ?
    It's all about selflessness. It's all about offering a favor and returning a favor. It's all about trusting each others. It's all about needing each others.
    This time, guilds, allies, friendships, etc, which have grown around selflessness or strong cooperation are winning, while solo players/selfish players are whining ;).

As some french musketeers would say : "un pour tous, tous pour un" (one for all, all for one).
    That's how players should try to play a MMORPG (except in a case of some specific roleplay :P ). That's where a MMORPG truly shines as a game.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Hmmm. It would seem to me that Cryptic needs every player it can get, even us lowly solo players. You seem to think that the solo players should be driven out of the game.
    If you play as a solo player you miss a big part of the game. We don't want the solo players to be driven out of the game, but we want them to understand that they can't get the same efficiency as a group while farming chains
    edited November 2020
    kharkov58 said:

Hmmm. It would seem to me that Cryptic needs every player it can get, even us lowly solo players. You seem to think that the solo players should be driven out of the game.

Nope, that's not what I think.
    If you want to cross the ocean all alone with your oars and canoe, I'm ok with that ;), you are even impressing me with this challenge you imposed to yourself.
    But you should expect the operation to be hard and long, certainly not close to be as "fast" and as "easy" as if you were 5-10-20 in the boat oaring together.

But I do think soloplay is not best fit in a community or a MMORPG (solo players aren't necessary individualist though ^^).

I do think what make a MMORPG great, especially D&D MMORPG, is certainly not the solo part of it, and the solo part shouldn't be really where the devs put much of their energy.
This discussion has been closed.