test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aasimar race clipping issues

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
I bought the Reforger`s Blessings bundle for Aasimar race. I have grinded through all those 4 milestones so I can use the race instead of my dragonborn because I couldn`t accept the ideea of not being able to wear helmets. Now I am completely dissapointed to see that after few months since I have reported the clipping issues that often happens on all male gender races using barbarian class during "idle possition" have not been looked at. It is a minor change of a position so everything could look as it should. Pleaase have a look at this problem.

Example of the postion (clipping issues)

This clipping problem occurs in open world when your character is mounted or in idle positions no matter which weapon appearance you will use.

The way it should looks (unfortunately currently only in preview tab):

A little tweak or a copy/paste of the position as it is in "checking gears" window will bring so much joy to your customer`s face.
I want my sword to not cut my hand or body and be straight while I`m out of combat and chat in Protector Enclave with my friends or I am mounted anywhere else.
So please Julia, if you see this, pass it to the team let us know if there is something you guys can do about.

P.S: Also there may be a problem with the bonuses it provides. I couldn`t notice any difference in my ratings tab.

Thank you!

Comments

• vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Damn, that look... I support you in this, it would be nice to be adjusted.

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Great..I wanted to do the same and swap to aasimar since I wanted to wear a helmet. I really hope they fix it. Now we have to choose between not being able to wear helmets or being stabbed by our own weapons.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    I very much agree that clipping is bad and should be adressed as it's jarring.

...at the same time

laughs in tiefling with cape
  • shynnblue#4857 shynnblue Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    There is also the same issue on my barbarian male half orc. please fix.
    The majestic aasimar..unfazed by his sword basically cutting his leg off from the wrong move. I dont understand how this is an issue with the majority of the races. Funny enough if you make a female aasimar it doesnt have this issue (at least not with the starting weapon)

• the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User

The majestic aasimar..unfazed by his sword basically cutting his leg off from the wrong move. I dont understand how this is an issue with the majority of the races. Funny enough if you make a female aasimar it doesnt have this issue (at least not with the starting weapon)

Ikr. Dragonborns and female races doesn`t have that problem. I got over 60 appearance items and I switch them regularly. There is no one that is small enough to avoid this problem. It is about animation and position of the weapon on the back. It should not interact with our body.

edited November 2020
    Hope they will cosider fixing it soon because I am pretty sure if we don`t get it fixed in few patches by now, it will never get fixed as it wasn`t before with any other races. And I will report this vis support because the quality assurance on this product (race) doesn`t qualifies to be a "premium" feature. In fact it is a paid race. People paid for it and except to have a proper look.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I suspect for them clipping issues are very low priority, as to most they are not game-breaking. It annoys me that on tieflings their tails disappear when they are riding mounts, even tenser's disk and the crabs. But I doubt it will get fixed any time soon, as I think it is part of the cloaks not appearing while riding mounts issue.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

I suspect for them clipping issues are very low priority, as to most they are not game-breaking. It annoys me that on tieflings their tails disappear when they are riding mounts, even tenser's disk and the crabs. But I doubt it will get fixed any time soon, as I think it is part of the cloaks not appearing while riding mounts issue.

Whirlwinds and Owlbears are your friends for tiefling tails.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Then don`t wear a long cloak mate if it is anoying for you. I am talking about a premium class in first of all. The fact that I can`t hide my weapon or use another weapon that won`t cause this clipping issue puts me in the position of not being satisfied with the product i`ve paid to use in game. Even if I agreed with their license I think it is my right to report if something doesn`t feel as it should. Because next time when they will deliver a product I will certainly avoid to spend my money on it if the quality assurance won`t be the expected one. I feel the pain for all of you that encounter major clipping issue including dragonborn races that currently can`t wear over 98% of the appearance items for head. The problem on barbarians for me it is simple to fix because they can use an existing code and animation for idle position that doesn`t cause the clipping issue. For me the game is all about fashion/appearance/customization and it is the main reason I play the game and spend my money on.

For me the game is all about fashion/appearance/customization and it is the main reason I play the game and spend my money on.

I agree, and I absolutely hate how much stuff is clipping into other things in this game or have other graphical issues. Everything from hair clipping through helmets/masks, helmets making you go bald or even change your hairstyle to weapons clipping to armor, armor clipping through cloaks makes it feel very unpolished.

Especially the simple thing like getting a weapon on male characters to be worn properly when the females of the same race dont have that issue. I had high hopes aasimar wouldnt have that issuse since its a paid premium race..but yeah.
    @nitocris83 Can you please provide a response to this problem?