test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't post to forum with Arc Program only with web browser

kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
I'm not sure if this really belongs in this discussion, but I can only post to the forum through a web browser and not the Arc Program. It's like it isn't seeing me as logged in or something. I did submit a trouble ticket to Arc, but thought I would see if ya'll had any insight.

Comments

• kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    Ok Messages aren't working either in the program. Only shows zen purchase and nothing else though there is one other there.
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    I have the same problem with the forum

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    same issue here, and the website does not seem to want to remember me either, causing me to get a new code issued everytime, just to post/comment on the forums.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll relay this info to our publisher (they maintain the Arc app). Thanks!
    Thank You! I had submitted a ticket on it to Arc Support, but they said I had to get it fixed through you. Another person in my alliance had the same issue. I have my cookies clear daily bigman99 and I also use vpn so I don't think I will ever get around the new code everytime. Hope springs eternal though.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Thank You! I had submitted a ticket on it to Arc Support, but they said I had to get it fixed through you. Another person in my alliance had the same issue. I have my cookies clear daily bigman99 and I also use vpn so I don't think I will ever get around the new code everytime. Hope springs eternal though.

It's not just you having the issue. I'm pretty sure it's everyone.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Issue has been escalated to the appropriate team and they will be working on a fix. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on when this will be live.
    thanks again.
    Still not fixed. Just a gentle reminder.

Still not fixed. Just a gentle reminder.

Hi @kronus#9296 - we just got confirmation from our publisher (who runs the Arc app) that they will not be able to resolve this. Access to the forums via Arc Launcher/App is no longer available :-/
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Well this is strange.. I am currently posting from the arc browser -forums tab
    and until today it has been loading for me .. I have been reading the forums in a web browser and posting from the arc client for months.. and this post is from Jan 12. But as of today , the only way for me to get to the forum is to click a forum link that is in one of the replies to one of my tickets.

The reason I prefer to post via the browser in the client ,is because every time I am logged out of the web browser I need to go to my email for a confirmation code to log back in.. which is good for security reasons but quite annoying , with the arc client I am already logged in.

again:
    the forum was all loading just fine in the client until recently.

One must ask the question ,why is the forum tab in the client even there?
    Post edited by earlgreybeard on
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits