test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Baby Owlbear's Presence - bugged or incomplete tooltip?

drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I was testing some different companion power options recently, and noticed that Owlbear Cub's Presence seems to be doing around half the damage it was a few months back. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if the tooltip is out of date.

The test

Class: Wizard
Paragon: Arcanist

I ran the test using my Arcanist Wizard. The only power I used was Magic Missile. I had Baby Owlbear's Presence (at legendary) in the companion passive power utility slow. All other feats/enchants/powers that might proc from magic missile were removed. The only two things to show in the ACT test results were therefore Magic Missile and Baby Owlbear's Presence.

The test lasted 196 seconds. During that time, ACT recorded 475 hits from Magic Missile, of which 219 were crits (46%). This leaves 256 non-crit hits that the Owlbear power could proc from. Logically then, Baby Owlbear's Presence should have hit around 26 times, but it actually only hit 13 times. The amount it hit for did seem correct however (50% of power), as I have around 195k power and each hit averaged just under 97k).

Possible conclusions

1.) It's broken and is only now doing half the damage it used to. I did a full test run a couple of months ago (using encounters, dailies, artifact, mount power etc) and it did around 6% of my damage according to ACT. Repeating that test today resulted in around 3% damage.

2.) The chance to hit has been purposefully reduced to 5% from 10%, but the toopltip has not been updated.

3.) There is an internal cooldown that is missing from the tooltip. Based on the test duration, the average time per proc was almost exactly 15.0s.

Comments

• Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    When i tested Baby Owlbear about six months ago, it was only proccing on the leading at-will attack in a sequence. Some at-will powers hit single time, every time. Other at-wills run in a chain, where each hit in the chain can have varying damage and activation time. I'm not sure if this is still true or if it explains your results. I heard they also added a cooldown to it.
  • Options
    drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Magic Missile does hit 3 times on the 3rd hit, so I suppose that could mean the Owlbear power might only actually have a chance to proc on 3 / 5 of the total non-crit hits.

Would be nice to know how it's currently supposed to work, what can / can't proc it, and whether there is an internal cooldown. It does seem to be doing less damage than previously.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, I'll follow up on this!
  • Options
    abudaramabudaram Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same issue with this comp. In my regular full barb rotation with this I am not having more than1% of my full damage coming from the Baby owlbear. I saw people uploaded videos to youtube about this comp having 10% damage value for the entire damage done to the dummy. Moreover, without knowing the current issue I spent my bought comp tokens to this comp hoping to improve my overall damage just to see near 0 effect which is upsetting. This was the first time I spent cash to the game and started to question myself if I want to do it again or not. Hope I will have a refund if this is not fixed or hopefully gets fixed.