test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD-->ZEN exchange queue time (Limit listings)

13»

Comments

• unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Majority of players that exchange zen to ad are new to the game and they dont know that exchange to ad is not profitable for them..rest of them that spend money in game to buy zen shop curency make more ad by buying wards,companion,mount tokens,collar packs and reselling on AH ..whit a voucher they can get double of exchange curency like if the zen whas 1zen for 1500 zen ..and there are also some whales whit multiple account thats exchange max amount of zen on multiple accounts so the litle guy whit be HAMSTER.. imagine to have 5 accounts whit 25k zen requested on each one?..
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The AD --> ZEN exchange should not be primarily in place for player profit. It should not be like flipping houses in real estate. Instead the AD --> ZEN exchange should be there to allow players to buy ZEN items that cannot otherwise access them. To accomplish this three things should change:

Turnaround on AD to Zen should be a fixed amount (7 days).

( 1,000 Astral Diamonds per Zen ) should be the BEST possible rate available.

Each account should have a limit. (500 per week with no VIP) (1,000 per week with VIP).

This makes it so players can spend AD to obtain stuff like a new loadout. Profit from 'turnaround' is lower, but not gone. Turnaround is helpful to insulate the Zen market from the overpricing of scarce goods.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    And if there is no zen in the exchange how do you expect it to turn around within your timeframe? Cryptic does not feed the zax.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @zimxero#8085 Do I need to repost my apples to oranges analogy here? :lol:

All Cryptic did was set up an empty AD bank and an empty Zen Bank. They are 100% controlled by the players. The only reason you have a backlog at all is player greed for free Zen.

The "house flippers" grind AD to convert to Zen for one of two things, VIP and items (usually bundles) they can break down and sell for quick AD profit. The Astral Lootbox only "failed" because YouTubers showed people they could not buy them at 75K (VIP) and make any profit unless they got extremely lucky. The regular keyed loot boxes are the same. You just don't see anyone posting videos telling you will on make 50 to 60 thousand on average. Meanwhile those keys cost Zen 125 = $1.25 = 93,750 AD each. How is paying 75K and getting your key right away worse than paying almost 94K and waiting 2 months??

This is the How
    If you are a VIP member, you get a key per day. Yet I have been told, countless times, the free key on VIP doesn't matter. Yes? Then why is it the VIP members had a firestorm on the CDP when Chris suggested reducing the number of keys you get per month? Seems like they do matter. Those VIP keys cost you 34¢ per day and only 25.5K AD, this is why they asked to reduce the number of keys. VIP members profit on average 25 to 30 thousand per loot box. They just resell the contents and get enough AD to feed the backlog.

I think there is $300,000 dollars Zen in the backlog? If it cycles on 2 months (60 days) this means, players (not Cryptic) is buying up the backlog every 60 days. This mean little Billy with mom's credit card buys $50 worth of Zen and after he makes some basic purchases, he tosses the remainder to the masses in the Zen exchange. That is players buying up the backlog at a rate of $5,000 per day, you should be thankful they do this and don't hoard their extra Zen for their next purchase.

How you play this game is up to you. The backlog is not in Cryptic's hands, I don't even know if they have much to do with setting the prices. The Zen store might be controlled by the parent company PWE. If another company were to buy Cryptic Studios, the Zen wouldn't be sold anymore as that is PWE's money. If the Zen continued to flow, it would be rebranded, but it would go to the new parent company and not into Cryptic Studios pocket.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User

All Cryptic did was set up an empty AD bank and an empty Zen Bank. They are 100% controlled by the players. The only reason you have a backlog at all is player greed for free Zen. <3</p>

Understood. My suggestion is to replace the old orange with a new apple. I would separate Zen & AD purchasing completely from each other. The 'protection' it provides the company is imaginary. They just need to increase the conversion cost when buying Zen with AD.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2020

All Cryptic did was set up an empty AD bank and an empty Zen Bank. They are 100% controlled by the players. The only reason you have a backlog at all is player greed for free Zen. <3</p>

Understood. My suggestion is to replace the old orange with a new apple. I would separate Zen & AD purchasing completely from each other. The 'protection' it provides the company is imaginary. They just need to increase the conversion cost when buying Zen with AD.
    1. 1000:1 may not be enough. Russian server is 1000:1 and stays in 1000:1.
    2. It goes against your "The AD --> ZEN exchange should not be primarily in place for player profit. It should not be like flipping houses in real estate.". Zax was the place for player to profit in the old days when it did not hit the upper limit of 500. There was guide teaching player how to play Zax (without using Zen store) to earn AD back then.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    With the understanding that I know they need to sell zen to make money to survive:

Make an AD price for all zen store items. Make the price higher than the Zen/AD cost (so if its 1000 Zen for an item, make the AD cost 1m AD or something), with the catch being, the item is BOA, and everything it goes into is BOA too if applicable (I think this is how it used to be - if you used a coal ward that was BOA on a unbound enchant, the enchant becomes bound).

People spending Zen get the unbound versions. If you want, you can even establish an AD per month spending limit on the Zen items.

The people who buy or exchange for zen still get their stuff and can do whatever they want with it. People who want stuff just for their own characters can exchange AD for it (nice AD sink).

Might cut into the Zen sales a bit, but honestly, if they did a little better in the promotions with the current zen sales, I think that could cover this. Win all around with little effort.

For the record, I just want VIP again (this game is really low on quality of life without it once you get used to it). My ZAX was posted on 8/23 and still waiting. Hopefully I get it before a VIP sale....
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    They want the ZAX exchange to be like it is. The less people who can buy Zen with AD the more likely they will buy Zen with cash (or at least that is the theory). I don't see them doing anything to alleviate it anytime soon. VIP is a good example, I know people who have spent money for the first time in NW just so they could have that. It's working. Good for the shareholders, not so good for the players.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

Make an AD price for all zen store items.

That would be extremely risky, It is very hard to predict how the playerbase would react to that, it could kill Zen sales altogether.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

For the record, I just want VIP again (this game is really low on quality of life without it once you get used to it). My ZAX was posted on 8/23 and still waiting. Hopefully I get it before a VIP sale....

I think you should see your Zen about 10/23 according to recent statistics posted. If you buy VIP monthly, I guess plan ahead and place orders 2 to 3 months in advance. If you buy in bulk, then I guess it would be better to plan a year ahead. Just remember the old proverb; He who walks, eventually arrives.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif