test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATE] Mount Changes Launch Thread

Comments

• momomonster#9853 momomonster Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Blue Ribbon Pig upgraded to Mythic only gives 20 000 HP at max bolster. I think this happens as I have Stalwart from my Epic Triceratops mount, then as I equip/bind the Blue Ribbon Pig, when upgrading the Pig, the HP values max out at a much lower value.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    greywynd said:

tgwolf said:

1. This is a PC issue that cannot be helped. There have been many AH and Profession exploits over the years that resulted in literal Trillions of AD gain for players, which has caused years worth of backlog in ADX. That is more than adequate.

Comes a point that people need to stop blaming the current situation on something that happened years ago and was resolved.
    Short of stripping players of their obscene levels of wealth, there is nothing that can be done about it.

People will be stuck waiting for exchanges for months because the AD isn't decreasing, it's just recirculating and starting the process anew and it's all due to how long the exploits were left unchecked.

I had at one point on my PC account 50 characters each with 80+ million AD and enough rAD that it stopped registering correctly. When I chose to slow my playtime on PC, I bought tons of pointless stuff directly from the game itself so the AD wouldn't go into the economy.

The only other way to clear the ADX backlog would be to halt all further posting until it is clear. PC has a multitude of issues that require special treatment.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The only way to clear the backlog is for people to toss zen into it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    kurka5555 said:

Platform: PC
    Name@handle: The Chosen One@kurka5555
    Amount of astral diamonds lost due to the posting fees: about 3000000.
    Items posted with the fee: 6x King of spines(deleted and posted), legendary Tyrranosaur Pack, and much more items i opened 150 lockboxes and sell ale the items on ah, there are still much items on my auction list, please investigate my account and tell me what to do.
    Issue: I want my posting ad back.

I would really like an answer to this as well.
    It is very poorly handled that there has been NO info at all from Cryptic regarding this issue, but I and many others would like some clarification.
    @nitocris83
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2020

My Suggestion On What to Reduce Mount Combat Power DPS To:
    I mentioned earlyer in this thread that 2 of the single target mount combat powers currently have 3k magnitude when maxed out and that this is overpowered.

For a possible adjustment to mount powers, would suggest 1,000 mag at most for single target powers and 333 or 500 for AOE powers. Would be more reasonable, but 1,000 seems a little high even.

3,000 magnitude on mount power is a lot less than 3,000 magnitude on Daily or Encounter.
    Does it critical hit? Critical increases damage by 1.5x or more
    Does it get CA? Combat Advantage increases damage by 1.5x or more

The 3,000 magnitude mount power is equal to 1,000 magnitude. On top of that, they have long animations.

For top end DPS, having a 3,000 magnitude mount power will add about 5% to their DPS total... if and only if every hit deals full damage. Compare this to Swarm (non-stacking now)... Swarm gives 30% more damage for 10 seconds. It's pretty close to the same. We need to wait and see. Now is NOT the time to over-react and start nerfing mount powers.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Tunnel Vision deals 1207051 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 824222 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 795144 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 840689 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Tunnel Vision deals 1125413 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Giant Toad Tongue Lash deals 1223388 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 764208 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Giant Toad Tongue Lash deals 1175133 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 831161 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Did some hits on a test dummy, these are without pet, pots, or buffs aside from feats. It does appear that magnitude has a diminishing returns effect of sorts. 3,000 both here in this small test and when I use this combat power in actual fights still does consistently more damage than my daily power that has 1,700 mag. It doesn't do double the damage of my daily power but its still a huge hit.

I might be wrong about it being OP in PVE but I know for sure its broken as hell in PVP, so at the very least, it needs to be reduced in PVP a lot. It easily hits for 800k+ in PVP with CA applied and on crit. For me, its 1.2mil in PVP, and still fatal even if player was tanky enough to reduce it.

I will also mention that it sounds like you don't have tunnel vision, tunnel vison is nearly instant cast time and has a very subtle animation. This is also very problematic in PVP since it removes counterplay options for this power, you just point at something and it dies, doesn't matter how tanky you are and good luck trying to avoid getting hit by it.

The AOE powers in PVP are also problematic at their current magnitude of 1,000. You can wipe an entire node using this combined with a few smaller AOE powers and teammates, especially if multiple enemies aren't at max health.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
  • herbear#0564 herbear Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My wife's wizard doesnt get 140% mount speed. she gets gallop but her speed is not as fast as mine. anyone else noticed slower mount speeds?
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    > @herbear#0564 said:
    > My wife's wizard doesnt get 140% mount speed. she gets gallop but her speed is not as fast as mine. anyone else noticed slower mount speeds?
    Guild boon
    > @trgluestickz said:
    > (Quote)
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Tunnel Vision deals 1207051 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 824222 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 795144 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 840689 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Tunnel Vision deals 1125413 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Giant Toad Tongue Lash deals 1223388 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 764208 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Giant Toad Tongue Lash deals 1175133 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    > [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 831161 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    >
    > Did some hits on a test dummy, these are without pet, pots, or buffs aside from feats. It does appear that magnitude has a diminishing returns effect of sorts. 3,000 both here in this small test and when I use this combat power in actual fights still does consistently more damage than my daily power that has 1,700 mag. It doesn't do double the damage of my daily power but its still a huge hit.
    >
    > I might be wrong about it being OP in PVE but I know for sure its broken as hell in PVP, so at the very least, it needs to be reduced in PVP a lot. It easily hits for 800k+ in PVP with CA applied and on crit. For me, its 1.2mil in PVP, and still fatal even if player was tanky enough to reduce it.
    >
    > I will also mention that it sounds like you don't have tunnel vision, tunnel vison is nearly instant cast time and has a very subtle animation. This is also very problematic in PVP since it removes counterplay options for this power, you just point at something and it dies, doesn't matter how tanky you are and good luck trying to avoid getting hit by it.
    >
    > The AOE powers in PVP are also problematic at their current magnitude of 1,000. You can wipe an entire node using this combined with a few smaller AOE powers and teammates, especially if multiple enemies aren't at max health.
    Fairly odd in pve sometimes it'll deal a decent chunk while other times it seems like it did nothing at all~
  • harnrimharnrim Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Maybe the 3000 Magnitude is working as intended, but I think the combat-Powers like tongue lash or tunnelvision are to strong even in PVE. In a Trainingrun with my guild, with some really good debuffs, I hitted 9,6 Million with Tunnelvision. And I am a rogue and I didn't use Vorpal, so no bonus to critsev for me.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Stones of Empowerment are avoiding the automatic loot pick-up.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2020

> @trgluestickz said:

> (Quote)

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Tunnel Vision deals 1207051 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 824222 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 795144 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 840689 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Tunnel Vision deals 1125413 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Giant Toad Tongue Lash deals 1223388 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 764208 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Giant Toad Tongue Lash deals 1175133 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

> [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Shocking Execution deals 831161 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

>

> Did some hits on a test dummy, these are without pet, pots, or buffs aside from feats. It does appear that magnitude has a diminishing returns effect of sorts. 3,000 both here in this small test and when I use this combat power in actual fights still does consistently more damage than my daily power that has 1,700 mag. It doesn't do double the damage of my daily power but its still a huge hit.

>

> I might be wrong about it being OP in PVE but I know for sure its broken as hell in PVP, so at the very least, it needs to be reduced in PVP a lot. It easily hits for 800k+ in PVP with CA applied and on crit. For me, its 1.2mil in PVP, and still fatal even if player was tanky enough to reduce it.

>

> I will also mention that it sounds like you don't have tunnel vision, tunnel vison is nearly instant cast time and has a very subtle animation. This is also very problematic in PVP since it removes counterplay options for this power, you just point at something and it dies, doesn't matter how tanky you are and good luck trying to avoid getting hit by it.

>

> The AOE powers in PVP are also problematic at their current magnitude of 1,000. You can wipe an entire node using this combined with a few smaller AOE powers and teammates, especially if multiple enemies aren't at max health.

Fairly odd in pve sometimes it'll deal a decent chunk while other times it seems like it did nothing at all~

Good to know. Looks like Shocking is doing about 66% - 70% of the damage of Tunnel Vision, even though its basic magnitude of 1,700 is 57% of 3,000. Somehow Shocking execution is gaining 20% damage boost that Tunnel Vision does not receive.

I was not aware that Tunnel Vision was this close to normal actually. I got tired of testing combat mount powers so long ago, that I assumed they were working according to previous mods. If your tests are indicative of general experience, then we could have a problem, especially in PvP.

I think more data is necessary, and from others, to warrant a change. There are other changes that can be made than nerfing. For example... Tunnel vision adds 100 magnitude to your single target at-will powers for 15 seconds. (maximum 3,000 magnitude).

3,000 mag powers might be overpowered in trials:
    Will also mention that I'm hearing some players say that the 3,000 mag mount powers are making zariel runs and tomm runs they have done much easier and shorter than before the update.

I've also heard some chatter about cleric mechanics combined with 3,000 mag mount powers resulting in insanely huge hits.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    tgwolf said:

1. This is a PC issue that cannot be helped. There have been many AH and Profession exploits over the years that resulted in literal Trillions of AD gain for players, which has caused years worth of backlog in ADX. That is more than adequate.

Caturday wasn't it? 7 hour server rollback to eliminate the "free" AD and zen that was gathered?
    Post edited by greywynd on
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • xian#6183 xian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm VIP 12 and I have the same problems they have on PC and Xbox, AH posting fees are removed
    Account name: fabio4769 Ps4
    Pg name: Oibaf
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

Stones of Empowerment are avoiding the automatic loot pick-up.

It's intentional apparently.
  • icebear#9150 icebear Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sorry I didn't see the link to post here so I copied & pasted my issues from this thread https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1257812/auction-posting-fees-vip I lost over 9mil. It was 6mil at first but some told me to take stuff down & repost it. He said it worked for him but it just took another 3mil. So upset now. Forgot to add I'm vip 12. System: Xbox One X. Name on xbox: EVIL OMENZ
  • soronngsoronng Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    [PC][EU][Staff of Savras Campaign][Missing Stuff]

Name: @soronng

This is the short version (there is no point to copy here 4 pages), the original post is in my Ticket ID #300790.

Missing all the items from the Sybella shop and [Embroidered Bag of Holding] on four characters.
    Missing all the items from the Sybella shop on one characters.
    On five characters I do not claim the rewards, because the server shout down for update at 15.09.2020r, removing the shop.

Rewards from the Shop:
    [Stone of Health] 6Symbol of Savras
    [Globe of the Third Eye] 6Symbol of Savras
    [Grey Horse] 6Symbol of Savras
    [Minstrel] 6Symbol of Savras
    [Retraining Token Pack] 6Symbol of Savras

Pictures are also in my Ticket post.

1)
    I have a problem with missing stuff.

Before the update, at 15.09.2020r.

I was finishing the "Redeemed Citadel, Milestone I" on my two main characters.

Next, I was surprise because I accidentally read message on the "zone chat", that mention removing the Sybella shop.

So around 2h before update I start finishing the quest for free Bag on my ten "Alts" that I was missing it, and then start claiming the rewards from the Sybella shop.
    I leave the "Alt" in the shop and just jump to another "Alt".

Unfortunate the server closed 6 min faster, and I was left with five "Alts" with free Bag, but with no rewards from shop.

After the update, at 16.09.2020r.:
    I do some stuff on my 2 main characters and close the game.

Night for me, at 16.09.2020r.
    Start installing the Neverwinter on the new HDD.

Morning for me, at 17.09.2020r.
    I start playing Neverwinter on the new HDD.

Before the update, at 17.09.2020r.

When I log in and start "Invocation" on my all "Alts" (48) + 2 main.
    At the beginning it was ok. But after finishing "Invocation" on my seven "Alts", I start it on my next "Alt". I got the message that my quest "Search the Present" is old and will be restarted automatically.
    Then I look into my inventory, and I was missing the free Bag and rewards from the Sybella shop (because they were inside the Bag). I got it from Sybbela before the update that was removing the Campaign.

I check the next five characters and it was the same thing. Then I stop on the character that already have the bag, but I was missing the rewards. Next I swap the New HDD to the Old one and I finish the "Invocation" there (the rewards from the Sybella shop was in my bag on the rest of my "Alts").

Maybe I will also mention that I start from the character SorongSCOB.

If I do not have the Bag already, I go and finish the quest to claim it. Next I claim rewards from the Shop.
    After that I log in to my next character and do the same thing.

So I should only be missing the rewards from the Shop, at the characters that I do not claim them because of the server shout down.

I also ask if they can check game logs, and see what happened?

2)
    Another question, what will happen to the other "Alts" that I do not finishing claiming the rewards from Sybella Shop? I do not have the Adventurers Reward Box on that characters.

You also remove the 30 Symbol of Savras that I have on thees characters.

This is the second time when you're removing the small campaign. The first one was before the "Staff of Savras Campaign", when you were doing the "Deeds" if I remember correctly. I also do not finish claiming all the reward from that campaign.

3)
    Can you inform the players faster, about removing the content? Maybe one month faster (not every player reads the forum)?

For example:
    Can you make maybe a pop out in the game, that's informs the players about removing some content.
    It probably will need to be with check box.

Or do something similar.

Regards
    Sorong
    Post edited by soronng on
  • wazzer23#9680 wazzer23 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Platform : PlayStation
    Name vigilantewazz@saortha
    Ad amount : several million
    Items posted : king of spines, legendary trex, potency r4 r5 r6 mount collars legendary epic lots of other items too. Why do we have to post this here in a public forum? Your customer service sent me an automated response ignoring the fact that I asked about my ad taken not that you were fixing your bug. Fair is fair your bug cost so many people posting fees and they should be entitled to have it back.
    Also your customer service keeps marking it as resolved but clearly it is not resolved. Please start treating your customers with respect and not passing them from pillar to post
    Hue one way to take AD away from peeps~ c:
  • hal#3538 hal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I posted a load of platinum plates to the Auction House on the 21st of September and I was charged 150k ad in posting fees, being a Vip I should have had no fees

My handle is Reverend stone@hal9900 on ps4
  • icebear#9150 icebear Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    So I'm guessing we are getting screwed over yet again. No AD returned. So sick of this stuff happening
    edited September 2020

Mythic tyrannosaur animation and size bugs:
    My mythic king of spines mount is significantly smaller than my warpainted tyrannosaur. My mythic tyrannosaur also moves its legs much faster than my warpainted tyrannosaur does. I use a lot of different races on my account and all of my characters have this problem. The first character I equipped my mythic on was a halfling if that helps any. My account also has metallic dragonborn, human, drow, half orc, ect on it and like I said, they all have this problem.

Account Name: @trgluestickz

I figured out what is probably causing this bug I reported earlier. I compared my epic tyrannosaur's running animation and size to my warpainted tyrannosaur's running animation and size. My mythic king of spines appears to be using the running animation and size that my epic tyrannosaur uses instead of the one the legendary tyrannosaurs use.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • kurka5555kurka5555 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Name@handle: The Chosen One@kurka5555
    Amount of astral diamonds lost due to the posting fees: about 3000000.
    Items posted with the fee: 6x King of spines(deleted and posted again), legendary Tyrranosaur Pack, legendary insignia x10-15, and much more items i opened 150 lockboxes and sell ale the items on ah, please investigate my account and tell me what to do.
    Issue: I want my posting ad back.
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @percemer said:
    > PC - Combat power of Legendary Giant Toad is bugged: magnitude is 3K
    >
    > (Image)

I would be nice to know if it has been confirmed this to be a bug, so we are not wasting our mount tokens on something that is going to be nerfed to the ground...

Notice this same magnitude applies to “Tunnel Vision” combat power
  • gavw#7443 gavw Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Platform: PS4
    Account: GavW316
    Character: Gav

Posted Legendary Mount Triple Choice Pack which cost me almost 700k AD

In total I probably lost around 1 million AD in posting fees during the period where it was bugged
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @gavw#7443 said:
    > In total I probably lost around 1 million AD in posting fees during the period where it was bugged

Those posting fees are returned after sale completes or expires. If you take it down early you lose them. Now the ah takes 10 percent of every sale regardless of vip. That ad never comes back it's their fee to sell items.
    See the funny thing is guys the developers are using his post to measure how many people were affected or how many will bother to complain about it. They know of the fault they caused, they know they took so many people’s ad, most people who won’t even realize it happened in game. Neverwinter has now become a game of measuring how many people we annoy before we fix things. @chris whiteside @ Julia just take a look at how much cash I’ve spent in this game to support it and realize the reason I won’t put another penny in is because of the fact that 1. Your customer service are more concerned about marking my case as solved then actually solving it. 2. Throwing free junk at people is nice but I actually just want what was mine back it’s not hard to resolve yet you refuse to do so. 3. I thought things were to change when you switched around lead developers but it’s just more of the same. Guess I’ll just give up trying now you guys win
  • syrenuisyrenui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

My wife's wizard doesnt get 140% mount speed. she gets gallop but her speed is not as fast as mine. anyone else noticed slower mount speeds?

There are a few possibilities why you are faster/she is slower:
    * different guild boon (as stated before)
    * different boon from campaigns: marathon runner (2nd tier, 2nd from the right) gives 2,5% per rank
    * different stats: Dexterity influences your movement speed
    * different mount equip powers: there are some mounts that have a movement bonus
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    I have an epic triceratops, and a legendary triceratops. Can we please, make my epic triceratops unbound so I can move it to another toon? I had picked up the epic first, and then got the legendary from a lock box 6 months later. I mostly just don't want my hp bonus from the legendary triceratops tp not be negated by the fact that I have an epic too...