test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holy Vorpal effect bug

the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
The only reason I paid for this item was the visual effect.
I saw the effect on a friend and decided to pay the price for it right away just to get dissapointed. Let me explain:

The rank 9 enchantment has a visual effect in preview mode that doesn`t normaly display in live enviroment.
Preview:

Live enviroment:

The intensity of the effect is not the same as in preview mode(the expected effect for what I paid for)
Also another big problem is that the effect doesn`t grow up in intensity once you rank up your vorpal, but it adds a glowing halo/aura that doesn`t fit properly many of my weapon appearance items. More than that the white effect it is so intense that you can no longer see your weapon texture/color as it is, just a blank effect.

A picture in live enviroment of a rank 12 holy vorpal effect:

I am not sure what is happening but it is something I am not pleased with for the 10$ I spent in order to get the effect.

I expect that this effect will have a growing divine effect (resulting the effect as it is in preview mode at rank 9) without having a blank specular effect that affects my weapon texture/color and a fixed or removed halo/aura(why? - simply because it doesn`t look good when you have ten types of auras equiped on you)

2 type of aura equiped:

@cwhitesidedev#9752 I will appreciate if something can be done on this. For me "the quality release" i`ve paid for it is not yet reflected.

Comments

• sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Not sure if there is anything different between live and preview. Maybe your graphic settings are not same in both of them.

But I have also heard and seen that visual effects change as enchantments rank goes up. It seems like rank9 has more effects and glowings compared to rank14. Most probably its not intended, but need a confirm.

Also there were also issues with normal vorpal, like after you use your mount enchantment visuals disappear completely, need to reequip the weapon etc. All 3 vorpals effects need to be looked at for sure.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting! I'll pass it along for investigation.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Thank you!

Not sure if there is anything different between live and preview. Maybe your graphic settings are not same in both of them.

But I have also heard and seen that visual effects change as enchantments rank goes up. It seems like rank9 has more effects and glowings compared to rank14. Most probably its not intended, but need a confirm.

Also there were also issues with normal vorpal, like after you use your mount enchantment visuals disappear completely, need to reequip the weapon etc. All 3 vorpals effects need to be looked at for sure.

By live enviroment I mean open world not live server,and not preview server but character preview window. The effect is broken at this point as you can see.

• jerewel888jerewel888 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Thanks for reporting! I'll pass it along for investigation.

Divine Vorpal have the same problem, please take a look even on this.
    This is the Divine Vorpal o.O @jerewel888
  • jerewel888jerewel888 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

This is the Divine Vorpal o.O @jerewel888

Divine Vorpal is one, Holy Vorpal is another.
  • miyagi#6886 miyagi Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    > @sekosek#5740 said:
    > But I have also heard and seen that visual effects change as enchantments rank goes up. It seems like rank9 has more effects and glowings compared to rank14. Most probably its not intended, but need a confirm.
    >
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah, the Rank 9 has better visuals than the Rank 14. The orange glow animation which is what I liked seems to be almost gone at maxed rank. Very disappointing.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User

These 3 Images are what holy vorpal rank 14 looks like on my character. These 3 pictures were all taken on the live server.
    I also went to the preview server after seeing this thread today and found that my holy vorpal looks exactly the same on preview as it does on live. I don't have a rank 9 to check preview vs live with anymore so not sure if the bug reported in this thread is rank 9 specific or not.

I kinda like the gentle lamp light from this enchantment paired with the white right now, it goes well with my character's gear. But I might like the fixed intense bright version too, worst case scenario is I sell it and get my 7mil back.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    Another Annoying Vorpal Bug:
    I will mention a much more irritating vorpal enchantment bug though. Whenever I use an at will power to dismount, my vorpal enchantment visuals disappear. If you mount and dismount using your mount summon key, then this doesn't happen for me. I own both the original vorpal and the holy vorpal and both have this issue.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    I am not talking about preview server. I am talking about character preview window on live server.