test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buyer Beware!

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
While making on a posting in the Auction House, I saw this...

While that person has the right to charge as much as they want for a vanity pet it almost appears "as-if" you are seeing the legendary mount. It is not their fault this listing appears much like the mount. But please be aware of what you are actually buying!

Have fun! <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    I think that if you had clicked on the Mounts button in the left row then that should not appear like that. It is only showing up because you did not narrow your search to mounts only.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Good call, @sandukutupu

I personally would not look for the mount button if my initial search picks up what I am looking for.
    I would use it if the search comes up with other items I don't want.

e.g. I probably would just type 'ten' and search. If 'ten' gives me what I want, I would not bother to narrow the search.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Page 2 had/has one of these vanity pets listed for over 5 million. Yes, clicking the mount button will eliminate those. But anyone typing tenser into search gets the pets mixed into this list. Like I said, while there is no vanity pet worth 1 million AD, in my opinion, these sellers have the right to post at any price. The icon difference is the only clue, other than hovering over the item and reading the tool tip. I hope people take the time to read when they are spending over 1 million AD.

Personally, I feel the epic tenser disk I have for sale, isn't worth over 1 million, but it is what it is, I guess some people will pay top price for style. If you look, it has the insignia for; Gladiator's Guild and Champion's Return and those can be obtained on blue mounts. The epic mount power is +5000 Accuracy, otherwise it is just a surfboard. :lol:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Wow that is extremly confusing. The vanity pet totaly LOOKS like its a legendary mount.

It would be nice to change the name to "Tenser's Floating disc - vanity pet" or "Tenser's Mini Disc" I dont know, just something different so people dont get confused.

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Wow that is extremly confusing. The vanity pet totaly LOOKS like its a legendary mount.

It would be nice to change the name to "Tenser's Floating disc - vanity pet" or "Tenser's Mini Disc" I dont know, just something different so people dont get confused.

I agree.

A name change eliminates all confusion. Well, most confusion, anyway, but what remains is strictly on the players.

Like others have said, if I am searching I just type in a name or partial name and search. If I get nothing or too much clutter then I will refine my search, so I understand people getting caught up by this.

Nothing in the game should have the same name as something else in the game. Heck, I am not happy that there is a "Traveler's Mace" that sometimes is a mace and sometimes is a sword.

Different colors/rankings are fine. A mount or a companion that might appear at different ranks, for example, but there shouldn't be a mount named "Tenser's Floating Disk" and a vanity pet named "Tenser's Floating Disk".

Name it "Tenser's Following Disk" or, as suggested, "Tenser's Mini-Disk" or something like that instead.

In fact, I am going to make a thread in "Player Feedback" linking here.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    My thread got an official response. Re-posting here:

Just wanted to chime in and say that this thread sparked an internal discussion on how to best improve the experience related to items that share names. While some vanity pets have a notably different icon than the mount version, others can cause some confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

So maybe there will be some changes coming.
    At minimum, hopefully, this will at least mean that going forward they will avoid doing this sort of thing.

We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, though, thanks to the OP for bringing this up and hopefully everyone will be more aware of things listed in the marketplace.