test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DO NOT NERF TOMM

124»

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Random queues for AD, Expeditions for companion gear, Avernus for armor and weapons...almost anything for RP/insignia RP
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    gradii said:

Content like ToMM is beneficial for the game and I believe that its difficulty has to be maintained.
    I can cite IC as an example, it was relatively difficult content, but today it is already possible to load someone weaker, which I think is bad for the game, since you get equipment that makes you move faster than you should.

This is the opinion of a player who can call himself a veteran and who never submitted ToMM.

No, altering existing content to "maintain" difficulty is the act of only the most unqualified terrible excuses for game developers.

Aside from level scaling, the content itself should not be nerfed, as players get better gear it will become easier on its own.
    Yes, I want you to maintain the same difficulty. I hate having to see mechanics that hindered success like the second Boss of MSP or the last Boss of ToNG or the CoDG push / pull being changed because players can't waste 5 minutes to read a guide or watch a YouTube video of how reproduce them.

Many here are crying for ToMM to be nerfed, they are the same ones who asked to remove the difficulty of these contents.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    greywynd said:

I hate people shoving guides and videos at others. We learn by doing. Not by watching others playing the game.

But...that is exactly how those people that made the guides learned, by going at it and learning the fight. People "shoving guides" in others faces are by all means trying to nudge them in the right direction.

In every single MMO's i have ever played, the hardest content required in one form or another for the player to know certain mechanics in order to succeed.
    Be it by having a raid leader explaining the mechanics to people
    OR
    By having a story mode or a zone-specific dummy that executes the mechanic so you can...practice it
    OR
    By....researching guides on your own.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    ...or by doing it until you get it.
    nooneatza said:

...exactly how those people that made the guides learned...

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    "The three basic types of learning styles are visual, auditory, and kinesthetic. To learn, we depend on our senses to process the information around us. Most people tend to use one of their senses more than the others."

Some can learn by watching. Some can learn by listening. The majority learn by doing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User

If ToMM were to be redone knowing what I know now... I would have made the 3 stages escalate in difficulty, giving 1 Lion's Guard currency for finishing stage 1, 3 for finishing stage 2. Only finishing third stage would award the chest and remaining currency. This would have encouraged somewhat undergeared players to run the trial.. and the training would become natural instead of having a trial that actually requires formal training.

Stage 1: Halaster Health & damage at 70% (1 unit of Lion's Guard currency)
    Stage 2: Halaster Health & damage at 90% (3 units of Lion's Guard currency)
    Stage 3: Halaster Health & damage at 110% (chests & remaining Lion's Guard currency)

or in other words
    normal (1 unit of lionguard currency)
    hard (2 units of lionguard currency
    or elite (chests and remaining lionguard currency)
    this set up works in at least 1 mmo i played
    no reason it couldnt work here
    also might i add to that 1 dungeon 3 different runs

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    No one needs to read a guide or watch a tutorial video. It's just an easier way that I think. Now, if any reason you want or whoever wants to learn, please, whatever your choice, but don't complain about difficulty.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2020

I for one can't afford to burn scrolls, stones and other pots in order to "practice" for, what was it people said... 30 hours? That's assuming it takes me that long. Could be more, could be less. Point being, if I can't survive long enough to experience the mechanics I don't learn anything. That burns AD much better spent elsewhere.

My group practised for ~7 hours to beat the initial preview version of ZC twice ( we had 1 person that was in closed beta to give us tips in Phase 1 and 2 where there were near 0 mechanics, the rest we figured out on our own ) and 5 hours to beat the live version 3 times. A coordinated group would not need more than 10-12 or so hours without prior experience to finish the trial, half that or less if there are people that already know the mechanics and call them.

Preview server exists, that is where everyone practised for free for as long as they wanted, only difference is you miss 10k HP from not having VIP bonus which won't make or break your group. The cost of practising ZC ( or any other piece of content ) is 30 GB of drive space if you play on PC.
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    > @oldtimer#7525 said:
    > (Quote)
    > My group practised for ~7 hours to beat the initial preview version of ZC twice ( we had 1 person that was in closed beta to give us tips in Phase 1 and 2 where there were near 0 mechanics, the rest we figured out on our own ) and 5 hours to beat the live version 3 times. A coordinated group would not need more than 10-12 or so hours without prior experience to finish the trial, half that or less if there are people that already know the mechanics and call them.
    >
    > Preview server exists, that is where everyone practised for free for as long as they wanted, only difference is you miss 10k HP from not having VIP bonus which won't make or break your group. The cost of practising ZC ( or any other piece of content ) is 30 GB of drive space if you play on PC.

It exists for PC... there is no such thing on consoles.

We don't get a place with no consequences like you folks.

So... yeah, level playing field there. What costs you all nothing takes up hundreds of thousands if not millions of AD for us.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    > @oldtimer#7525 said:
    > (Quote)
    > My group practised for ~7 hours to beat the initial preview version of ZC twice ( we had 1 person that was in closed beta to give us tips in Phase 1 and 2 where there were near 0 mechanics, the rest we figured out on our own ) and 5 hours to beat the live version 3 times. A coordinated group would not need more than 10-12 or so hours without prior experience to finish the trial, half that or less if there are people that already know the mechanics and call them.
    >
    > Preview server exists, that is where everyone practised for free for as long as they wanted, only difference is you miss 10k HP from not having VIP bonus which won't make or break your group. The cost of practising ZC ( or any other piece of content ) is 30 GB of drive space if you play on PC.

Quite sure the intended purpose of preview server by the devs is for players to provide feedback & report on bugs - not as a dozens-upon-dozens of hours of practice runs.

Now, clearly that is what you and a tiny percentage of the game population do, but do not presume to present that as what: 1) is standard, nor 2) should be done.

To which I anticipate some bright spark will respond with something akin to, "Do it or miss out/Get gud", etc. Thing is that this game needs far more than a handful of so-called 'elites' (there are other descriptive terms for players who all but live in a game), and frankly it strikes me as out-of-order to play the full-game before it is officially released in a full-state. But hey ho. Have at it. In the meantime this game will continue to bleed players as the focus is on a small cadre whom are far less important than they seem to think they are.

What goes around, comes around.