test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you Cryptic

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work from the people behind the scenes that create all of this content. I have been playing for over a year and have enjoyed myself immensely every-time. I see a lot of complaining from older players and to be honest it has a negative impact on new players. The Cryptic team creates a brand-new module for the most part a free game and has to log in to nothing but..."This sucks"...."You Hate us"...."They just want my money" comments. Cant imagine what that does to their morale. I know someone will obviously post something negative back to this, but I just wanted to take some time to say thank you to Cryptic for putting your passion and effort into these modules. Oh and first ever post by the way....LOL

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    It is not common for people to come here and say how good it is.
    It is common for many to come here to say how bad it is and at that moment they would comment how good it was.
    I have been long enough to see the cycle keeps rolling.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Go play the healer class. Doesn't matter if its a paladin, cleric or soulweaver.
    100% sure that you will come back and start complaining about how bad the healing is.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Go play the healer class. Doesn't matter if its a paladin, cleric or soulweaver.
    100% sure that you will come back and start complaining about how bad the healing is.

Go play wizard class when HEALING CLASS (DC) have actually better DPS than DPS (CW)xD
  • Options
    silver2020#1958 silver2020 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    let's imagine you chose a doctor who works for people's donations. One day he takes and amputates the hands of a certain category of people. Because he decided so. People that he did not seriously touch tell that people are simply wrong. Doctor and not injured ppl say adapt.
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work from the people behind the scenes that create all of this content. I have been playing for over a year and have enjoyed myself immensely every-time. I see a lot of complaining from older players and to be honest it has a negative impact on new players. The Cryptic team creates a brand-new module for the most part a free game and has to log in to nothing but..."This sucks"...."You Hate us"...."They just want my money" comments. Cant imagine what that does to their morale. I know someone will obviously post something negative back to this, but I just wanted to take some time to say thank you to Cryptic for putting your passion and effort into these modules. Oh and first ever post by the way....LOL

you haven't been here for long... and because of that you don't know how good the game actually used to be compared to what we have now and the changes old players actually had to go through... but stick around i'll bet in another couple of months or a year you will join us in the complaining department ;)
  • Options
    modlesie said:

Go play wizard class when HEALING CLASS (DC) have actually better DPS than DPS (CW)xD
    Thats funny. Wizard is currently my main toon. Been playing since mod16. If you get outdps'd by a healing class then you're bad XD
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2020

As much as I like optimism and kind words towards everyone, the amount of bugged content followed by the lack of transparency and RNG within RNG within RNG tends to make any optimism to turn into pessimism.

This didn't change over many years.

Content-wise, there was always decent development, voice acting and so on. But there was never really a connection between how players want the class to be played versus how developers want it to be played. This creates drastic issues and negativity, especially when it's paired with enormous nerfs that tend to completely make all your efforts in vain since many things remain either bound to a specific character or you have to forfeit your gaming style in favor of being viable.
    Since AD income tends to be scarce, and since old players only have Titles and a somewhat knack for mechanics to show for their long time playing, it tends to leave a bad taste.
    Many have different reasons to leave or play this game, but don't ever mistake it for people being bad just because.

Best example of what problem is can be sought after how CR is played. Who will go out of their way for the day to play CR and waste all that time on CR, unless they enjoy its design/architecture?

For me personally best content released were Barovian hunts and Watcher bosses (minus the RNG). I was in command of both difficulty and potential prizes I get for the time I'm willing to seperate from my daily activities onto a game. It's fast, effective and doesn't take me to lead a small guerilla team to end-game trial only to get Valindra's Crown from a chest.

If you like to get Valindra's Crown from a chest, awesome. Some of us don't.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Our dissapointments doesn t come from people that code or design certain elements in the game but from people that are responsible about how they put everything together ending up by delivering content that makes players feel like they are humiliated. The fact that in years I still don t feel rewarded for my time spent in their game is a thing you should take in cosideration. I can`t walk over bodyes and thank you to these people that made my game experience a pain even if I love the game and the story behind it. Those people from charge will be always blamed every time a bad ideea is going live. You can no longer trust a company that push failed updates intentionaly almost every time just to fix issues like economy that is broken because of older decissions. Astral Lockbox is another prove that they are doing it wrong even if the intention was to sync Ad, they lead the people to disbelief them again being greedy and put this trap as it is. This game is still alive because people still pay to win. So I m not sure where are you going with the ~free to play~ but for sure their strategy is not to deliver the best game experience. If they do that they will have to loose some gain so it won t happen. Bel episode and mod 19 are the prove of bad system design that lead people to pain. Just wait few months to see for yourself. I bet that after one or two years of working hard day by day ranking up your enchantments they will put you and me and everyone else to the ground, revamping the enchanting system making every enchantment worthless nerfing the curent ranks to the point you will cry. Only then you will understand that people are not complaining because they are haters and like to hate but for the simply reason they are fooled again and again every year by this company. So thank you Julia! A honest thank you for people that really put their effort thinking of people first and after that to business. They are the only one that are still keeping people in this game.
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    @nazar777#4975 I share your similar gratitude toward the game, most time.

I am a NW veteran, as much as I am critical and exhausted with some of the bugs and exploits. NW still gives me great enjoyment since day one, for that I do give Cryptic a big Thank You. A lot have change, for better and worse. Nothing wrong being critical of the game and for people to express their frustration/anger via posts on forum. The current Devs are much more transparent than the previous and actually communicate with players much more than the previous Devs.

The big picture, we are in a pandemic and various crisis around the world. Having a game to play and enjoy is a treat the majority don't have access. Have fun and be kind to one another.
  • Options
    aeacus3764aeacus3764 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I don't get it, if the game is that frustrating and unsatisfying, then move on. Pretty simple...
  • Options
    duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User

I don't get it, if the game is that frustrating and unsatisfying, then move on. Pretty simple...

Great you've been here a year with your rose tinted glasses, you have absolutely no idea of the history. Now imagine tomorrow Cryptic decide to completely overhaul this game.... over 2 or 3 end game characters you've created practically become obsolete because the classes were so imbalanced only a wizard or rogue were considered for trial dungeons, this imbalance remained for almost 18 months until people complained and demanded a balance (completely justified) and then you joined. Now had they not demanded that and complained that change wouldn't have happened.

All the money people invested in the game only to see almost every item they had invested in over the years made obsolete in one swift hit. There is bound to be some long lasting animosity and lack of trust.

My 1st couple of years I loved the game too - had no reason to create post a negative comment about the game. Obviously there were some minor concerns but nothing I ever deemed serious enough to complain about until the dreaded mod 16.

People have their reasons for complaining and still playing - there is the social element (friends we made over the years in game) or love of the game in the hope that it will return (in part) at least to something between what the game used to be and whatever this is.

Next time you type something completely idiotic like "Just leave" try and think how you would feel if your character that you invested time and money in had to be put on a shelf because they are not seen as a viable option in their role and left to rot for years. Enough very good players have left the game because they hate the game, lets give credit to the ones who stick around because they love the game, probably more than you to stick around through all that.

On a positive I think the change to healing is positive and had to be adjusted...... paladin healers have been king since MOD 16 dropped. A trial setup is supposed to be 2 tanks 2 healers and rest DPS having a paladin solo heal and able to keep a solo tank up was depreciated the value of other healing classes. Glad to see the back of the silly divinity channelling to regen divinity.

• Options
    duckie#5377 duckie Member Posts: 42 Arc User

modlesie said:

Thats funny. Wizard is currently my main toon. Been playing since mod16. If you get outdps'd by a healing class then you're bad XD
    Wrong - You haven't played with an optimised wizard then - A optimised DC will crush an optimised Wizard in TOMM by 30 to 100 million. There are a lot of DPS DCs suddenly for that reason, although many are not yet optimised or still trying to get to grips with getting that rotation right.
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I too, appreciate the work that is put into the game.

What frustrates me, is when a mod is up on preview, there are dedicated threads for feedback, thoughtful and constructive feedback is given, and ignored. Completely ghosted. And then some random "improvements" made a couple of days before launch.

That's what it felt like on the healing thread for mod 19 preview, and then a month after mod 19 has been live, we get a few of some of the things that we requested (although, I'd still love to see the healer mark positioned in the party line-up, near the agro meter, even though I know it isn't there, I still LOOK for it there, because it makes sense!)
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I too, appreciate the work that is put into the game.

What frustrates me, is when a mod is up on preview, there are dedicated threads for feedback, thoughtful and constructive feedback is given, and ignored. Completely ghosted. And then some random "improvements" made a couple of days before launch.

That's what it felt like on the healing thread for mod 19 preview, and then a month after mod 19 has been live, we get a few of some of the things that we requested (although, I'd still love to see the healer mark positioned in the party line-up, near the agro meter, even though I know it isn't there, I still LOOK for it there, because it makes sense!)

Often times feedback is not ignored, it just isn't possible, or takes a lot of time to implement. Big changes take a lot of time to discuss and make sure there aren't going to be issues. And sometimes there are still issues.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I agree with the OP. I am often complaining here on the forums and NW could definitely be better than it is, but I'm playing this game since 2013 and honestly I've not been able to find any other game that delivers the same overall experience.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options

modlesie said:

Wrong - You haven't played with an optimised wizard then - A optimised DC will crush an optimised Wizard in TOMM by 30 to 100 million. There are a lot of DPS DCs suddenly for that reason, although many are not yet optimised or still trying to get to grips with getting that rotation right.
    True that but that's a DPS cleric and not an healing cleric lmao.
    Wizard got a lot nerfs mod17, 18 and 19. Ofcourse any class can outdps another nerfed class.
    No way an arbiter could beat wizard arcanist in dps if the wizard wasnt nerfed that much.