test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post-July-23-patch, Pinatas give weird rewards.

lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
The July 23rd patch notes included that Pinatas would give rewards only on a kill. Unfortunately, I have some behaviour issues to report.

If I am NOT in a party, and I spawn a pinata, the person who kills it gets all the rewards. Regardless of if that's me or someone else. I suspect that if that person is in a party the rewards might be split, but that's not something I tested.

If I am NOT in a party, and I spawn a pinata, and I kill it after someone else has struck it, I get all the rewards.

If I AM in a party, and I spawn a pinata, and someone from my party kills it, the rewards are split among us.

This seems... worse than the previous behaviour of "everyone who hits a pinata gets some rewards". In particular, "the killshot gets all the rewards, split among their party" seems bad, when that means no rewards for the pinata spawner.

@nitocris83 not a BUG, per se, but very much a weird behaviour subject to griefing.

Comments

• joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Do you still get an equal amount of rewards as the way the pinatas worked prior to the patch? Because knocking off a few percentage of hp would give rewards, all the way till it was at 0 hp.....
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    I believe the total amount is similar, yes.
  • alleykatealleykate Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I have had some from last year on my characters and I find that only every 3rd or 4th one actually drops something and when it does its is usually 1 or 2 things. Brought some new ones, they appear so far normal from the two I have opened however they stack with the old ones. I am concerned the new ones will start to open and given nothing like the old ones as they stack.
    Guild - Fair Dinkum 2.0
    Part of Team Tredecim of the Cloaks Alliance website
    https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/
    I mostly have old ones, and they produce expected results AS LONG AS I'm the one hitting them. As soon as anyone else is involved, they can take my loots.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll let the team know about this behavior.

I'll let the team know about this behavior.

TY. Again, not exactly a bug, but definitely subject to griefing and lootstealing.