test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making Event Items purchasable

liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
I just missed the Jubilee 2020

And of course upon my return I noted I missed out on the Seductive Shirt which allows for wings.

I have two Dragonborn and one Tiefling characters I'd love to have them on.

On STO they finally learned to make Event items purchasable, not cheap, I'd rather grind it out for free... but real life gets in the way of that quite often.

My suggestion, make the dress/visual items purchasable at least... it has nothing to do with end game or powered up items.
Post edited by liberatrix on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    1. The shirt is a fashion item. So, it won't go with regular equipment. If you do run with fashion, that is ok.
    2. Because of the wing flapping gate, @nitocris83 mentioned they may (a big may IM0 until I see it) provide a flapping wing version through AD store.
    3. Note that they will also be in limited time. If you miss it again or don't want the flap, wait till next year to play the game again.

Hey folks! Some updates for y'all! Clerics had old animation stances that allowed for the fashion wings to flap. Now, these animation stances were part of a bug that we are fixing but we also realized that many players enjoyed the flapping wings. The plan is to fix the bug on the Clerics but also have an alternate set of wings available in the near future that will have the animation. This will give players the option to put on the flapping or non-flapping wings.

We don't have the plan on how the new wings will be acquired finalized but we are discussing putting the new set on the wondrous bazaar for a low amount of like 2500 AD. They would be available for a limited time since the initial wings purchased in the anniversary store were also limited time.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I'm with you. It would be nice to be able to purchase items that we may have missed from an event for whatever reason.
    Even if it were to show up in the zen market for 500 zen or whatever a week after the event ends there are some items that I would gladly spend the $5 on.
  • liberatrixliberatrix Member Posts: 7 Arc User

I'm with you. It would be nice to be able to purchase items that we may have missed from an event for whatever reason.
    Even if it were to show up in the zen market for 500 zen or whatever a week after the event ends there are some items that I would gladly spend the $5 on.

Exactly,

I wrote a reply to plasticbat but it seems to have not posted (hope this one works).

In short, I pay to enjoy the game. Some of us can't play every day or every week, and when I do return to the game and find the changes or missed opportunity annoying, why would I pay to be annoyed?

Other players may not care, but game developers and oversight should, keeping paying players ensures profits, and since this is a fashion item this shouldn't be a problem to make available.