test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, are you really interested in player feedback?

vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
I am asking you this on behalf of the whole players community and we'd like an honest answer.

Here's what happened lately:
  • new module announced
  • new changes implemented (many nerfs again)
  • new things to test in the Preview server
  • new session of feedback asked from players
  • zero follow-up on player feedback
Except for bugfixing, why do you bother with the Preview server? Because you just demonstrated player feedback is irrelevant.

For the people who have no clue what I'm talking about, there's this page of healing adjustments Cryptic posted in the Preview Server forums with what was about to come. That forum post is full of great ideas but they did nothing about it. Dozens of posts and nothing. Nothing. Then 2 days after the mod goes live, Cryptic starts tweaking healing magnitudes here and there.

This is not limited to the healing adjustments topic. All class balancing looks the same.

Module 19 is a mess. - player feedback.

@noworries#8859
@nitocris83
@cwhitesidedev#9752
@asterdahl

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.

Comments

• vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

I am asking you this on behalf of the whole players community and we'd like an honest answer.

Here's what happened lately:

• new module announced
    • new changes implemented (many nerfs again)
    • new things to test in the Preview server
    • new session of feedback asked from players
    • zero follow-up on player feedback
    Except for bugfixing, why do you bother with the Preview server? Because you just demonstrated player feedback is irrelevant.

For the people who have no clue what I'm talking about, there's this page of healing adjustments Cryptic posted in the Preview Server forums with what was about to come. That forum post is full of great ideas but they did nothing about it. Dozens of posts and nothing. Nothing. Then 2 days after the mod goes live, Cryptic starts tweaking healing magnitudes here and there.

This is not limited to the healing adjustments topic. All class balancing looks the same.

Module 19 is a mess. - player feedback.

@noworries#8859
    @nitocris83
    @cwhitesidedev#9752
    @asterdahl

You must be new buddy, this has been happening for quite some time lol
    Not new. I know not everything suggested is good and should be followed-up. In the past they considered some player feedback. Now, they really ignored everything. It's just... incredible.

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    There was only 15 pages of feedback against the healing changes and 4 pages of that was in the last two days. You have to have at least 40 - 50 pages of feedback before it starts to get through to them a little bit.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @kharkov58 oh yes, the last two days had increased rate of comments... as devs out of the blue ninja-nerfed the magnitudes of all healing powers by roughly a half - which surprisingly brought up some additional concerns to the mix.

And no, I do not think the amount of text plays any role here - if devs think it is a good idea, it is a good idea even if it chases half of the playerbase away.
  • halfmeadhalfmead Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    As long as people spend money in the Zen market, why should they listen ;)
    moth-balling my OP, she'll do well as a pole-dancer in vallenhaas i hope.....
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    kharkov58 said:

There was only 15 pages of feedback against the healing changes and 4 pages of that was in the last two days. You have to have at least 40 - 50 pages of feedback before it starts to get through to them a little bit.

40-50 pages? preview of mod 16 had 100+ (if we combine all threads i'm pretty much sure we get easily 500+) and they still ignored 99% of it =)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

40-50 pages? preview of mod 16 had 100+ (if we combine all threads i'm pretty much sure we get easily 500+) and they still ignored 99% of it =)

Once the train is in motion they can't stop it without derailing it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Ya'll need to post more direct threads with head lines, Like "Change Mod 19 Scaling Now!!!" or "Mod 19 doesn't work"
  • martall#7403 martall Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    No info either on the removal of crown seals, I'd really like to know why because I wasn't done with my sets ):
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Because they were old and due to cycled out.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    halfmead said:

As long as people spend money in the Zen market, why should they listen ;)
    moth-balling my OP, she'll do well as a pole-dancer in vallenhaas i hope.....

She could go to Ebon Downs where I heard Idris the Revenant is taken up racket ball and become quite good at it. It seems her Direhelm Forge went MIA about the same time a bunch of Oathbound Paladins showed up in Neverwinter.

Back on topic, none of us can speak for Cryptic Studios, but I am sure the developers meetings they discuss what they believe we should like to have from their game. I was an alpha tester, I did preview server, and I pitched in to write up missions in the Foundry. I just play their game now. I voice my concerns, give feedback, and yes it does feel like talking to a brick wall. In the end, it is their game and not ours.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

No info either on the removal of crown seals, I'd really like to know why because I wasn't done with my sets ):

What happen to seal of crown is their standard procedure when the new seal is introduced. Not able to complete a set is a different issue. Seal of mountain will have the same fate when the next seal is introduced.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

What happen to seal of crown is their standard procedure when the new seal is introduced. Not able to complete a set is a different issue. Seal of mountain will have the same fate when the next seal is introduced.
    Only one difference, there was no exchange offer made for Seals of the Crown in module 18. I was turning mine in for AD. You needed 300 of them, a few of my characters are stuck holding less than 300. Normally they offer a trade ratio 3:1 for each module. I am not losing any sleep over it, but it would be nice, if they would clear out the old moldy seals. Why do I need to have Seals of the Protector still on my characters? My friend told me he still has Seals of the Unicorn! My husband says, their database engineer must have a lot of free time for some reason.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They placed the Crown seal excange woth the Adventure seal trader. 1:10 Crown to Adventure.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Only one difference, there was no exchange offer made for Seals of the Crown in module 18. I was turning mine in for AD. You needed 300 of them, a few of my characters are stuck holding less than 300. Normally they offer a trade ratio 3:1 for each module. I am not losing any sleep over it, but it would be nice, if they would clear out the old moldy seals. Why do I need to have Seals of the Protector still on my characters? My friend told me he still has Seals of the Unicorn! My husband says, their database engineer must have a lot of free time for some reason.
    You can trade old seal to adventure seal in mod 19. I finally cleaned ALL my old seals (that had odd count and seal of Brave) to adventure seal to get rAD although that took forever because of 1200 seal limit. You won't see the whole list of the old seal unless you have that old seal in your purse.
    It is 1:10 (old seal : adventure seal). I have 3 to 4 types of old seal (depends on the toon) and all of them are 1:10 ratio.
    So, tell your friend who has seal of unicorn to get his adventure seal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Of course they're interested in feedback. No one orders toilet paper for their offices, so they print out the feedback and use it instead. They need all they can get.
    Thanks to both @pitshade and @plasticbat I got rid of those seals trading them in for the bags of rough AD. I never thought of looking there as I don't collect it much since I stopped running the dungeons. I will pass the information on to my friends who have old seals on them.

Thanks again guys! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2020

I just play their game now. I voice my concerns, give feedback, and yes it does feel like talking to a brick wall. In the end, it is their game and not ours.

it's our game as much as theirs. they just give us no agency while pretending to. if we all walked away there would be no game for anyone to own.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited July 2020

If it's the same NoWorries, who ruined DDO in 2015 (which was one of the main reasons why I left DDO, because new random trash loot made obsolete most hard earned raid loot, etc.) then I don't have hope much for this game.

It all started with U16 (companions started to do nothing, no heals, no dps, they are just stat bonuses, nothing more, thousands of feedbacks were ignored).
    I'm not talking about bugs, it's about failed design (developers should not focus on capped players only since the majority is not capped).
    And after U19 it became even worse (lots of healing reductions, even -50% heal from boons).