test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'An Infernal Wager (Devil)' Quest Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Greetings Adventurers,

We would like to apologize for how difficult it is to complete the quest "An Infernal Wager (Devil) and kill Garyx the Unforgivable . We are aware of the contributing factors and are working on a solution. The goal is to have a fix live for our patch next Thursday (July 9). Until then, we recommend skipping the while earning campaign currency from our other quests and Heroic Encounters.

We are sorry for the confusion and are working ways to improve our in game messaging every day!

[EDIT]
There are a lot of questions about what these bosses offer and how players should approach them. Here is the list of rewards:

- Rings - same from both devil/demon bosses
- Infernal Scrap - campaign currency (not the type that advances the campaign/weekly haul)
- General Refinement Rewards
- Devil's Contract/Demon's Curse - upgrade ingredients, unique to each boss

The only item that is unique to the boss is the crafting ingredient for upgrading Infernal Forged Armor. Only a couple of either ingredient are needed for upgrading a piece of equipment.

We're actively working on a fix for the Mog/Garyx spawn. Apologies for the delay.
Post edited by skingdev#1102 on

Comments

• dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    Thank you. That is a very timely response! Looking forward to Thursday :)
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Agree. Thank you for the response
    There is nothing in the Patch Notes, but I guess we'll see in a few.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    dillygirl said:

Uh...I assumed from the post above that this was not getting fixed this week. Maybe next week if we are lucky.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited July 2020
    It looks like the % swings back and forth some more, and both bosses are now possible.
    adinosii said:

dillygirl said:

Uh...I assumed from the post above that this was not getting fixed this week. Maybe next week if we are lucky.

You're right, I must have misread.
  • tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    Is this still an issue as myself and fellow guildies have spent hours today in the hope of Garyx spawning, even had the meter up at 99% one time but still Garyx did not spawn. Not only does this prevent in game progress but is soul destroying, to the point of frustration. I thought early insurgencies were bad enough, but now this has me on the verge of quitting the game.
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    After last nights patch, things are worse. I have been in game for 8 hours. no mog or garyz. blood war was at 9% when i logged on, and currently only at 56%. What kind of bs is that.
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    the last patch broke gary n mog. now neither come out. the patch made things worse.
  • mhorlokmhorlok Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Having the instances tied together is a mistake. 2.5 hours so far this morning and the War has gone from 31% to 46% Half the population wants Mog half wants Gary and since everything is tied into one bundle no one gets anything at the moment.

Proper War would be not tied together - each instance it's own thing
    Less cost to advance the war so a "burst" type effort of killing by a group can be seen
    Once War is achieved 1 spawn of the "boss" - that's it.

Solves ring farming, allows player to bounce from instance to instance to finish their quests. Players still see a visible chance at getting rings so it's worth advancing.

Having boss spawn every 10 minutes for the war was too much, made it too easy to farm the rings.
    But these latest changes means the quests will not get done and rings will be so exceptionally rare that they will fade into nothingness...
  • devildog#6464 devildog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, I guess they haven't found anybody intelligent enough to fix their screw ups because I'm still not seeing Garyx or Mog. So I wonder if it will ever get fixed or remain broken like so many other things they have been too incompetent to fix.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Well, I guess they haven't found anybody intelligent enough to fix their screw ups because I'm still not seeing Garyx or Mog. So I wonder if it will ever get fixed or remain broken like so many other things they have been too incompetent to fix.

Not sure why you can't see them. I see them all the time. Do you watch the meter? Do you see the yellow text on the screen announces they come out? I kill multiple everyday and that is not because I look for them. They just happen to pop when I was close by.

Most people do not care to kill them anymore. Unlike in the beginning, Mog and Garyx often just free walking and get ignored enough that they walk to vanish.

Mog and Garyx are the part they actually fixed for a long time especially for PC. This thread was posted in July.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

They are definitely fixed. But they don't just stand in their spawn point waiting for people to come and find them! Gary's a devil in a demon area, he's walking around killing any he finds. I find it entertaining to watch him fighting balors. And Mog is a demon in a devil area, wanders around and kills any devils he comes across. Hence the whole... blood war, and the "devils/demons have dispatched a party" or whatever the text is that floats on the screen...

If you want Gary.... run around in the Scab and kill the demons (running over manes in the car helps too, as they are demons), if you want Mog, then killing devils in any of the other three areas will contribute towards the spawning of Mog... But best to do it in the Stygian docks, as that is where Mog spawns.

If you are killing devils, and other people are killing demons.... then you'll have an interesting time watching the purple/red ring around the minimap tick back and forth until one side "wins".
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • alquimistgg#0914 alquimistgg Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    image - ALQUImist-WL@alquimistgg#0914
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Please unstick these ancient threads from the top of the forum.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I just looked at this and went.. why is this at the top? Did I miss something.. only to come here and go.. yea.. about that.. clean this up!