test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing textures?

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited June 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
After all the issues with getting the infernal forge weapons to show up, I went through a lot of transmutes from various sources and checked them and found one other problem weapon transmute. The symptoms are the same as for the Infernal Forge weapon, that is, the weapon just shows up as a "fuzzy" blue square, so my guess is that it's the same underlying issue.

The weapon in question is the Prized Blessed Symbol of the Cult

Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I use that on one of my cleric alts and it doesn't have the blue square for me. It is invisible while 'at rest' which is why I selected it. She has a terror enchantment rank 8 slotted into her Alabaster MH if that matters.

"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2020
    We'll look into this!

Edit: I just checked myself and I'm seeing the correct graphics on my character - is this happening consistently with this weapon for you @adinosii?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

We'll look into this!

Edit: I just checked myself and I'm seeing the correct graphics on my character - is this happening consistently with this weapon for you @adinosii?

I checked, after the M19 update @nitocris83, and yes, the issue is there 100%. Another symptom is what @pitshade posted above - when you go into the appearance page, this weapon is invisible. (and yea, that's another confirmation that I'm not the only one with this issue). This is just how the Infernal Forged weapon used to be, by the way - another reason I think this is the same issue.

Note, however, that I have only tested the Prized Blessed Symbol of the Cult, that is, the Cleric weapon. I have no idea if the same issue exists for the corresponding weapon for other classes.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is invisible in the game not just the character sheet. The weapon becomes visible when held, such as in combat or after shifting. It is only the idle stance where there are no visuals.

Perhaps the blue square shows up for you snd not for me due to differences in our graphics cards or even just settings.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Perhaps the blue square shows up for you snd not for me due to differences in our graphics cards or even just settings.

You are probably right....the blue square could just be how my card indicates a missing texture.